- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Quality Of Restored Steel Gas Pipes For Re-Application In Construction
- UDC 620.178.746.22 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.03.31-41
Vitaliy M. GORITSKIY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgy R. SHNEIDEROV, e-mail: email@example.com
Oleg V. GORITSKIY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Architektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117993, Russian Federation
Abstract. The structure and mechanical properties of eight steel gas pipeline single-seam and double-seam pipes that were in operation were studied. It is shown that the degree of corrosion damage to pipe surfaces depends on the chemical composition of the steels. In the studied steels, a significant variation in the hydrogen content between neighboring volumes and the studied pipes was revealed. According to electron-fractographic analysis , there is no significant difference in the degree of embrittlement of the base metal, the weld and the zone of thermal influence. A noticeable effect of hydrogen absorption of steels on the coefficient of anisotropy of the impact toughness has been established, which causes a decrease in the impact toughness on transverse samples to a greater extent than on longitudinal ones. According to the results of mechanical tests for tensile and impact bending, it was found that the restored welded pipes are suitable for use in structures from the first to the fourth groups for the construction, repair and reconstruction of industrial and civil facilities. Naturally, this implies the need for their restoration repair.
Key words: pipes of former use, pitting corrosion, hydrogen absorption, impact toughness, non-metallic inclusions, coefficient of anisotropy of impact toughness, steel structure.
1. STO Gazprom 2-2.3-484-2010. Instrukciya po otbrakovke, podgotovke i remontu v zavodskih usloviyah trub, byvshih v ekspluatacii [Instructions for rejecting, preparing and repairing factory-used pipes]. Moscow, OAO "Gazprom ekspo" Publ., 2011. 171 p. (In Russian).
2. Veliyulin E. I., Anakov B. D., Veliyulin I. I., Reshetnikov B. D. Statistical analysis of pipe selection for repeated use. Territoriya neftegaz, 2012, no. 4, pp. 82-84. (In Russian).
3. Goritskiy V. M., Hromov D. P. Estimation of resistance to crack propagation according to the results of impact strength tests. Zavodskaya laboratoriya, 1984, no. 7, pp. 70-72. (In Russian).
4. RD 03-421-01. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po provedeniyu diagnostirovaniya tekhnicheskogo sostoyaniya i opredeleniyu ostatochnogo sroka sluzhby sosudov i apparatov [Guidelines for diagnosing the technical condition and determining the residual life of vessels and apparatuses]. Available at: https://meganorm.ru/Data2/1/4293840/4293840649.pdf (accessed 20.01.2020). (In Russian).
5. Goritskiy V. M., Shneiderov G. R., Goritskiy O. V. The effect of hydrogen corrosion on the brittle fracture resistance of an oil pipe with a diameter of 530 mm from 12GSB ferritic-pearlitic steel. Deformaciya i razrushenie materialov, 2019, no. 8, pp. 40-48. (In Russian).
6. Varlamov D. P. Stress corrosion cracking and destruction processes in the pipes of gas mains during aging. Deformaciya i razrushenie materialov, 2011, no. 8, pp. 45-48. (In Russian).
7. Goritskiy V. M., Lushkin M. V., Goritskiy O. V., Shneiderov G. R. The influence of structural factors on the anisotropy of the toughness of rolled steel from ferritic-pearlitic steels. Deformaciya i razrushenie materialov, 2014, no. 8, pp. 16-21. (In Russian).
8. Goritskiy V. M. Teplovaya hrupkost' stalej [Thermal fragility of steels]. Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 2007. 384 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Goritskiy V. M., Shneiderov G. R., Goritskiy O.V. Quality of Restored Steel Gas Pipes for Re-Application in Construction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 3, pp. 31-41. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.03.31-41.