- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Evaluation Of The Strength Of Brickwork Reinforced With An Injection Compound
- UDC 692.2:693.2
Arkady V. GRANOVSKIY1, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yuri S. KUNIN1, email@example.com
Oleg E. LEGETSKIY2, firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
2 AKVAKOMPONENT, Proletarsky prospekt, 17, korp. 1, of. B4YU, Moscow 115522, Russian Federation
Abstract. The results of experimental studies on the assessment of the compressive strength of masonry, taking into account the introduction of injection compositions Mcflowe, Microdur R-X/E and cement mortar based on Portland cement of the M500 brand in combination with elements of indirect reinforcement with steel studs, are presented. The technique of strengthening masonry with cracks using injection solutions is given. Prototypes of brick pillars were made of bricks taken from the reconstructed object - the Polytechnic Museum in Moscow. Nine samples of pillars were tested for central and off-center compression until vertical and inclined cracks appeared in them, corresponding to the third stage of brickwork work. After that, cracks were injected using a special technique in three series of samples using the named injection compositions (three samples in each series), followed by compression testing of the samples. In addition, a comparison was made of the bearing capacity of non-reinforced and reinforced with injection composition samples of the masonry of pillars, which made it possible to establish the degree of effectiveness of the injection when strengthening damaged masonry. It is noted that at the same time, the strength of the masonry, depending on the type of solution, increases from 25-30% (Mcflowe mortar mixture) to 80% (R-X/E Microdur mortar mixture).
Keywords: brickwork, masonry reinforcement, injection method, temporary compression resistance, injection solutions
1. Polyakov S. V., Falevich B. N. Proektirovanie kamennyh i krupnopanel'nyh konstrukciy [Design of stone and large-panel structures]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1966. 240 p. (In Russ.).
2. Polyakov S. V. Kamennaya kladka v karkasnyh zdaniyah [Masonry in frame buildings]. Moscow, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1956. 189 p. (In Russ.).
3. Panchenko A. I., Harchenko I. Ya. Particularly fine mineral binder "Microdur": properties, technology and prospects of use. Stroitel'nye materialy, 2005, no. 10, pp. 76-78. (In Russ.).
4. Rekomendacii po usileniyu kamennyh konstrukcij zdaniy i sooruzheniy [Recommendations for strengthening stone structures of buildings and structures]. TSNIISK im. V. A. Kucherenko. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1984. 36 p. (In Russ.).
5. Ishchuk M. K., Frolova I. G., Ishchuk E. M. Reinforcement of stone structures. Promyshlennoe grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2006, no. 8, pp. 28-30. (In Russ.).
6. Kuzin I. Yu., Shilov D. P., Galkin A. A. Reinforcement of masonry by injection of cement-lime mortar. Vesnik BGTU im. V. G. Shuhova, 2015, no. 5, pp. 102-105. (In Russ.).
7. Kurlapov D. V., Kuvaev A. S., Rodionov A. V., Valeev R. M. Injection as a method of strengthening stone structures. Inzhenerno-stroitel'nyj zhurnal, 2009, no. 3, pp.17-21. (In Russ.).
8. Sokova S. D. Primenenie innovacionnyh tekhnologiy pri remonte zdaniy [The use of innovative technologies in the repair of buildings]. Moscow, MGSU Publ., 2001. 263 p. (In Russ.).
9. Rekomendacii po vosstanovleniyu i usileniyu krupnopanel'nyh zdaniy polemerrastvorami [Recommendations for the restoration and reinforcement of large-panel buildings with polymer solutions]. Tbilisi, 1989. 31 p. (In Russ.).
10. Luzgin R. Yu. Preservation of masonry of ancient buildings. Vestnik IrGTU, 2005, no. 1, pp. 170-171. (In Russ.).
11. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po usileniyu kamennoj kladki, v tom chisle istoricheskih zdaniy, in"ekciey rastvorom [Guidelines for strengthening masonry, including historical buildings, by injection of mortar]. NIC "Stroitel'stvo". Moscow, 2019. 65 p. (In Russ.).
12. Bedov A. I., Saprykin V. F. Obsledovanie i rekonstrukciya zhelezobetonnyh i kamennyh konstrukciy ekspluatiruemyh zdaniy [Inspection and reconstruction of reinforced concrete and stone structures of operated buildings]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 1995. 192 p. (In Russ.).
13. Grozdov V. T. Defekty kamennyh zdanij i metody ih ustraneniya [Defects of stone buildings and methods of their elimination]. SPbVVISU. St. Petersburg, 1994. 146 p. (In Russ.).
14. Guchkin I. S. Diagnostika povrezhdeniy i vosstanovlenie ekspluatacionnyh kachestv konstrukciy [Diagnostics of damages and restoration of operational qualities of structures]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2001. 124 p. (In Russ.).
15. Voronina V. P. Prochnost' i deformativnost' kamennoy kladki i stykov krupnopanel'nyh zdaniy, in"ecirovannyh cementnym rastvorom [Strength and deformability of masonry and joints of large-panel buildings injected with cement mortar]. Diss. Moscow,1986. 222 p. Available at: https://www.dissercat.com/content/prochnost-i-deformativnost-kamennoi-kladki-i-stykov-krupno-panelnykh-zdanii-inetsirovannykh-?ysclid=ldyjgajy7y87752603 (accessed 12.01.2023). (In Russ.).
16. Mongush A. A., Kara-sal B. K., Chylbak A. A. Studies of the adhesion strength of masonry made of various stone materials during cutting. Vestnik TGU, 2020, no. 4(70), pp. 47-52. (In Russ.).
17. Mrng-Hao Tsai, Tsuci-Chiang Huang. Numerical investigation on the progressive collapse resistance of an RC building with brick Infills under column loss. International of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2011, no. 7, pp. 27-34.
18. Kubica J. Wstepne badania murów z bloczków ze betonu komórkowego poddanych ścinaniu Ściskaniem. Praca BK-273/RB-2/98, Politechnika Ślaska Gliwice, 1988. 67 p.
- For citation: Granovskiy A. V., Kunin Y. S., Legetskiy O. E. Evaluation of the Strength of Brickwork Reinforced With an Injection Compound. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2023, no. 2, šp. 37-43. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2023.02.37-43