- TECHNOLOGY AND ORGANIZATION OF CONSTRUCTION
- Analysis Of Terms Of Work Performance During Nuclear Power Plant Costruction
- UDC 658.513.4
Alexander S. PAVLOV, email@example.com
Roman V. OSTROVSKII, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Due to the large number of power units being built in our country and abrod, the issues of time and risk management of construction of nuclear power plants, as well as planning of construction production become relevant. Within the framework of this study, three periods were identified to analyze the increase in the planned duration of work from the life cycle of the power unit: preparatory, from the "first concrete" to the start of thermal installation work and then to the physical start-up of the station. From the analysis carried out it follows that with the increase in the number of works at the subsequent stages of construction the number of works with increased planned duration, as well as the average ratio of increased duration to the planned duration with the effect of grows as well. However, if there is a time and resource reserve before the start of certain works, it is possible to achieve the maximum probability of maintaining the planned duration of works and their completion in the initially approved time. During the construction of a nuclear power plant, for various reasons, the planned duration of work is increased. To avoid undesirable consequences and at the same time to increase the efficiency of project management in terms of timing will make it possible the planning of temporary and resource reserves for certain types of work, as well as the choice of the right methods for optimizing the duration of construction.
Keywords: nuclear power plant costruction, time management, calendar planning, deadlines for the execution of works, disruption of construction deadlines, temporary and resource reservation
1. Thomas S. Russia's nuclear export programme. Energy Policy, 2018, vol. 121, pp. 236-247. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2018.06.036
2. Minin N., Vlèek T. Determinants and considerations of Rosatom's external strategy. Energy Strategy Reviews, 2017, vol. 17, pp. 37-44. doi: 10.1016/j.esr.2017.07.001
3. Gulyakin D. V., Enina I. D., Pen'kova A. A. Project management technology in construction. Nauchnye trudy KubGTU, 2018, no. 9, pp. 90-98. (In Russ.).
4. Kaliberda K. S., Gulyakin D. V. Project management systems in construction. Tendentsii razvitiya nauki i obrazovaniya, 2020, no. 66-1, pp. 27-30. (In Russ.). doi: 10.18411/lj-10-2020-07
5. Vokhidov A. A. Organization for managing deadlines industry in construction. Vektor ekonomiki, 2020, no. 11(53), p. 76. (In Russ.).
6. Pavlov A. S., Temishev R. R. When will the nuclear power plant pay for itself? Energiya: ekonomika, tekhnika, ekologiya, 2020, no. 1, pp. 39-45. (In Russ.). doi: 10.7868/S0233361920010061
7. Pavlov A. S., Gusakova E. A. Formation of project management methods in large-scale construction. Nedvizhimost': ekonomika, upravlenie, 2020, no. 4, pp. 19-23. (In Russ.). doi: 10.22227/2073-8412.2020.4.19-23
8. Kumara S., Hassijab V. et al. Integrated risk assessment for multi-unit NPP sites - a comparison. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2015, vol. 293, pp. 53-62. doi: 10.1016/j.nucengdes.2015.06.025
9. Grabovyy P. G., Berezka V. V. Management of organizational and technological (operational) risks of Russian contractors in the construction of nuclear power plants abroad. Nedvizhimost': ekonomika, upravlenie, 2019, no. 3, pp. 6-16. (In Russ.).
10. IAEA. Nuclear power project management, technical reports series, 1988, no. 279.
11. IAEA. Project management in nuclear power plant construction: guidelines and experience, nuclear energy series, 2012, no. NP-T-2.7.
12. Pavlov A. S., Pergamenshchik B. K., Temishev R. R. Predicting the distributions of the cost of construction and installation work in the construction of nuclear power plants. Nauchnoe obozrenie: teoriya i praktika, 2020, vol. 10, no. 3(71), pp. 484-494. (In Russ.). doi: 10.35679/2226-0226-2020-10-3-484-494
13. Engovatov I. A. Comprehensive engineering and radiation survey in the problem of decommissioning of nuclear power units. Vestnik MGSU, 2013, no. 1, pp. 125-132. (In Russ.).
14. Arkadov G. V., Zhukavin A. P., Kroshilin A. E. et al. Virtual digital NPP - a modern tool to support the life cycle of nuclear power units with VVER. Teploenergetika, 2014, no. 10, p. 3. (In Russ.). doi: 10.1134/S0040363614100014
15. Ostrovskii R.V. Development of a model for managing the terms of NPP construction projects based on production control. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, 2022, vol. 231, pp. 405-413. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-96206-7_42
16. Sedykh Yu. I., Lazebnik V.M. Organizatsionno-tekhnologicheskaya nadezhnost' zhilishchno-grazhdanskogo stroitel'stva [Organizational and technological reliability of residential and civil construction]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1989. 396 p. (In Russ.).
17. Gusakov A. A., Veremeenko S. A., Ginzburg A. V. Organizatsionno-tekhnologicheskaya nadezhnost' stroitel'nogo proizvodstva [Organizational and technological reliability of construction production]. Moscow, SVR-Argus Publ., 1994. 472 p. (In Russ.).
18. Tomaev B. M. Nadezhnost' stroitel'nogo potoka [Reliability of construction flow]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1983. 128 p. (In Russ.).
19. Voronkov I. E. Fundamentals of mechanisms to assess the reliability of enterprises - participants of investment and construction projects as elements of the organizational structure. Vestnik MGSU, 2018, vol. 13, no. 2(113), pp. 249-257. (In Russ.). doi: 10.22227/1997-0935.2018.2.249-257
20. Torp O., Belay A. M. et al. Cost development over-time at construction planning phase: empirical evidence from norwegian construction projects. Procedia Engineering, 2016, vol. 145, pp. 1177-1184.
21. Dongsoo W. K., Jung R. Y. Application of linear scheduling method (LSM) for nuclear power plant (NPP) construction. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2014, vol. 270, pp. 65-75. doi: 10.1016/j.nucengdes.2013.12.053
22. Csordas H. An overview of the time-cost trade-off problems of project planning. Procedia Engineering, 2017, vol. 196, pp. 323-326. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.07.206
23. Kalugin Yu. B., Tupitsyn R. Yu. Selection of activities for the "compression" of the critical path of the schedule. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 2(698), pp. 29-38. (In Russ.).
24. Piyakov D. V. Project management in the construction industry: Russian experience and foreign practice. Izvestiya Instituta sistem upravleniya SGEU, 2020, no. 1(21), pp. 171-176. (In Russ.).
- For citation: Pavlov A. S., Ostrovskii R. V. Analysis of Terms of Work Performance During Nuclear Power Plant Costruction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2023, no. 1, pp. 75-80. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2023.01.75-80