- WATER SUPPLY, SEWERAGE, BUILDING SYSTEMS OF WATER RESOURCES PROTECTION
- Technology Of Wastewater Treatment From Nitrogen Compounds On Bio-Filters
- UDC 628.3
Olga V. YANTSEN1,2, email@example.com
Elena S. GOGINA3, firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Sergo Ordzhonikidze Russian State Geological Exploration University, ul. Miklukho-Maklaya, 23, Moscow 117485, Russian Federation
2 WT Expert, ul. Samora Mashela, 2a, pom.611, Moscow 117198, Russian Federation
3 Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), 26, Yaroslavskoe shosse, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The issues of removal of organic pollutants and nitrogen compounds from wastewater on bio-filters are considered. Special attention is paid to these structures due to their wide distribution since the 1960s-1970s. It seems important to study the technology that makes it possible to achieve modern standards for the discharge of treated wastewater into reservoirs using bio-filters. A method of deep removal of nitrogen compounds and organic pollutants on bio-filters has been developed and tested, the most effective technological schemes for wastewater treatment have been analyzed, and the results of hydrochemical analysis of the resulting biomass have been presented. It has been established that a stable and maximum effect on nitrogen removal is achieved by using a technological scheme operating with the recirculation of nitrate water. The conducted studies of biofilters operating in the denitrification-nitrification mode have shown the expediency of using these facilities for deep wastewater treatment with the provision of regulatory indicators for discharge into a reservoir of fishery significance.
Keywords: deep wastewater treatment, bio-filter, ammonium nitrogen, organic pollutants, bio-film, denitrification- nitrification, loading material
1. Gogina E. S. Udalenie biogennyh elementov iz stochnyh vod [Removal of biogenic elements from wastewater]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2010. 120 p. (In Russ.).
2. Hecuriani E. D., Kolmakova T. S., Akimenko M. A., Hecuriani T. E. Ecological safety of the aquatic environment is the key to a healthy future. Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo arhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta. Seriya: Stroitel'stvo i arhitektura, 2018, vol. 54(73), pp. 156-164. (In Russ.).
3. Rozumnaya L. A. Anthropogenic eutrophication of freshwater lakes in Central Russia. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK, 2011, no. 2, pp. 78-80. (In Russ.).
4. Guseva A. Yu., Gusakova N. V., Petrov V. V. Experimental studies of reservoir eutrophication in the environmental safety system of the region. Izvestiya Yuzhnogo federal'nogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki, 2014, no. 9 (158), pp. 238-246. (In Russ.).
5. Gogina E. S., Gul'shin I. A. Nitrogen removal in the model of a circulating oxidizing channel with a reduced organic content in wastewater. Vodosnabzhenie i sanitarnaya tekhnika, 2017, no. 12, pp. 26-33. (In Russ.).
6. Kulakov A., Makisha N. Removal of nitrogen and phosphorous from domestic wastewater. MATEC Web of Conferences, 2017, no. 112, pp. 10019. doi: 10.1051/matecconf/201711210019
7. Gogina E. S., Gul'shin I. A. Modeling of an energy-efficient process of biological wastewater treatment in a circulating oxidizing channel. Vodosnabzhenie i sanitarnaya tekhnika, 2016, no. 9, pp. 42-48. (In Russ.).
8. Mosin O. V. Calculation and design of biological filters. Santekhnika, otoplenie, kondicionirovanie, 2013, no. 7, pp. 39-45. (In Russ).
9. Zhang L., Zhang S., Peng Y., Han X., Gan Y. Nitrogen removal performance and microbial distribution in pilot- and full-scale integrated fixed-biofilm activated sludge reactors based on nitritationanammox process. Bioresource Technology, 2015, no. 196, pp. 448-453.
10. D¹browski W., Karolinczak B. Application of trickling filter and vertical flow constructed wetland bed to treat sewage from craft brewery. Journal of Ecological Engineering, 2019, vol. 20, no. 9. doi: 10.12911/22998993/112488
11. Kulakov A. A. Assessment of the achievability of environmental and technological standards at small sewage treatment plants. Vodosnabzhenie i sanitarnaya tekhnika, 2022, no. 3, pp. 46-51. (In Russ.). doi: 10.35776/VST.2022.03.06
12. Zaletov S. V., Zaletova N. A. Expanding the limits of biological wastewater treatment. Sistemnye tekhnologii, 2021, no. 1(38), pp. 27-32. (In Russ.).
13. Yancen O. V. Deep wastewater treatment from nitrogen compounds on biofilters. Vodosnabzhenie i sanitarnaya tekhnika, 2016, no. 9, pp. 64-69. (In Russ.).
14. Gogina E. S., Yancen O. V., Bobyleva T. N. Development of methods for hydraulic and mathematical modeling of deep wastewater treatment processes from nitrogen compounds on biofilters. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 9, pp. 41-47. (In Russ.).
- For citation: Yantsen O. V., Gogina E. S. Technology of Wastewater Treatment From Nitrogen Compounds on Bio-Filters. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2022, no. 12, ðp. 60-64. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2022.12.60-64