- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Tests Of Sheet Monolithic Polycarbonate For Coating Structures
- UDC 624.011.78/6
Kirill V. AVDEEV1, email@example.com
Vladimir V. BOBROV1,2, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikhail A. TUCHIN1, email@example.com
Nikita À. KUDRYAVTSEV1, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pavel V. SKAKUN1, email@example.com
1 Central Scientific Research and Design Experimental Institute for Industrial Buildings and Structures - TSNIIPROMZDANII, Dmitrovskoe shosse, 46, korp. 2, Moscow 127238, Russian Federation
2 Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), 26, Yaroslavskoe shosse, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The research of physical-mechanical properties of monolithic polycarbonate is the basis for further study of various criteria influencing the properties of the material when using it in the construction industry. In view of the absence of special methods for determining the physical-mechanical properties of polycarbonate as a separate type of plastic, it is necessary to confirm experimentally that the general principles of testing plastics are suitable for testing polycarbonate. An analytical review of the current methods of testing plastics in the Russian Federation was conducted and samples of polycarbonate were tested. An analysis of the test results carried out by the authors, a study of the parameters of materials of domestic and foreign manufacturers, as well as previously published research results, made it possible to assess the applicability of existing test methods not only for plastics, but also for monolithic polycarbonate. Averaged data on physical and mechanical properties were obtained, which are necessary for general construction calculations. As a result of the study conducted by the authors, the suitability of plastic testing methods in accordance with domestic standards was confirmed, but taking into account the recommendations given in the article.
Keywords: monolithic polycarbonate, test procedure, tensile strength, tensile yield strength, yield strength in tension or bending, maximum bending force
1. Avdeev K. V., Tuchin M. A., Okeanov G. V., Bobrov V. V. The prospects of using modular polycarbonate systems in translucent enclosing structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2022, no. 3, pp. 8-12. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2022.03.8-12
2. Bobina E. A., Danilaev M. P., Klabukov M. A., Kuklin V. A. Diagnostics of the destruction of monolithic polycarbonate using the piezoelectric effect. Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. A. N. Tupoleva, 2020, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 5-10. (In Russ.).
3. Bozhanov P. V., Treshchev A. A. Determination of the strength criteria at the onset of plastic deformation in polycarbonate. Innovacii i investicii, 2018, no. 12, p. 323-326. (In Russ.).
4. Markov A. V., Semenyak P. A. Cracking of sheet monolithic polycarbonate in a stressed state. Tonkie khimicheskie tekhnologii, 2018, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 72-78. (In Russ.).
5. Askadsky A. A., Van S., Kondrashchenko V. I. et al. Prediction of the elasticity modulus of composites based on polymer mixtures. Stroitel'nye materialy, 2020, no. 7, pp. 60-66. (In Russ.).
6. Golovin Y. I., Tyurin A. I., Aslanyan E. G. et al. Physico-mechanical properties and micromechanisms of local deformation of materials with different dependence of hardness on indentation depth. Fizika tverdogo tela, 2017, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 1778-1786. (In Russ.).
7. Markov A. V., Derivolkov D. I., Duvanov D. S. Stress state investigation and evaluation of residual stresses in thermoformed polycarbonate sheet. Plasticheskie massy, 2019, no. 3-4, pp. 21-24. (In Russ.). doi: 10.35164/0554-2901-2019-3-4-21-24
8. Bobina E. A., Gimadeeva L. A., Danilaev M. P. Determination of mechanical stresses arising in polymer glasses during operation. Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona, 2018, no. 2(49), p. 31. (In Russ.).
9. MatWeb's database of material properties. Available at: https://www.matweb.com/ (accessed 15.05.2022).
10. Recommendations for the design and calculation of structures using plastics. Moscow, TSNIISK named after V. A. Koucherenko Publ., 1969, 149 ð. (In Russ.).
11. Instructions for installation of monolithic polycarbonate. Karboglass JSC. (In Russ.). Available at: https://carboglass.ru/information?ysclid=l81ejhmjq2904523815 (accessed 15.05.2022).
12. Reference book "About application of polycarbonate in construction". "SafPlast" Ltd. (In Russ.). Available at: https://safplast.ru/support/book-polikarbonat/?ysclid=l81el4d8h3796044698 (accessed 15.05.2022).
- For citation: Avdeev K. V., Bobrov V. V., Tuchin M. A., Kudryavtsev N. A., Skakun P. V. Tests of Sheet Monolithic Polycarbonate for Coating Structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2022, no. 10, pp. 56-61. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2022.10.56-61