- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Analysis Of Local Stresses In The Web Of Crane Beam
- UDC 624.072.22.014:621.874
Olga A. TUSNINA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. For under crane structures and in workshops with cranes of heavy and especially heavy duty, damage and fatigue failure are typical. The most dangerous zone in which alternating local stresses occur is the upper zone of the web of the crane girder. Based on the results of a numerical calculation, the analyzes of the local stresses acting in the web of a crane girder with a friction belt connection in two sections - along the top of the wall and under the belt corner - was made. It was obtained that local stresses from the concentrated pressure of the wheel are distributed unevenly over the thickness of the beam wall with a friction belt connection, which is associated with its local bending. However, this is not taken into account in the calculation methodology laid down in domestic regulatory documents. In this regard, the application of the formulas of the set of rules for steel structures for beams with friction belt connection gives a somewhat underestimated value of local stresses in the wall in the section under the belt corner, which is more loaded and dangerous when tested for fatigue. It is established that the operational resource of a beam with a friction belt joint is almost half higher than a similar welded beam.
Keywords: under crane beam, local stresses, web of the crane girder, fatigue of steel structures, frictional connection
1. Skakov V. A., Zhidkov K. E., Kapyrin N. V. Service life of welded crane beams. Evraziyskiy nauchnyy zhurnal, 2016, no. 2, pp. 122-124. (In Russ.).
2. Vydrin V. N., Zubko O. V. The most characteristic defects and damages of metal operated crane beams during the examination of industrial safety. Simvol nauki, 2015, no. 1, pp. 102-109. (In Russ.).
3. Saburov V. F. Using elastic foundation models to analyze the distribution of local stresses in the web of steel composite beams. Vestnik Yuzhno-Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Stroitel'stvo i arkhitektura, 2014, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 15-20. (In Russ.).
4. Genshu T., Zejun X. Revisiting the bearing stresses in webs of crane runway girders under wheel loads. Advances in Structural Engineering, 2018, vol. 21, iss. 12, pp. 1792-1801.
5. Kettler M., Kampleitner A., Novak F. et al. Local stresses in webs of crane runway girders: Tests and numerical calculations. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2017, vol. 139, pp. 188-201. doi: 10.1016/j.jcsr.2017.09.016
6. Broude B. M. Raspredelenie sosredotochennogo davleniya v metallicheskikh balka [Distribution of concentrated pressure in metal beams]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1950. 84 p. (In Russ.).
7. Shuryn A., Mukhin A., Bryantsev A. Defects of steel crane beams and methods of their strengthening. E3S Web of Conferences, 2020, vol. 212, p. 02016. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/202021202016
8. Vasyuta B. N. Experimental study of a crane beam with a replaceable sub-rail part under local torsion. Izvestiya vuzov. Stroitel'stvo, 2005, no. 3, pp. 12-18. (In Russ.).
9. Nezhdanov K. K., Gar'kin I. N. Designing effective crane structures. Inzhenerno-stroitel'nyy vestnik Prikaspiya, 2020, no. 1(31), pp. 5-8. (In Russ.).
10. Takki V. F., Egorov I. F., Tusnina O. A. Increasing the operational life of crane beams. Promyshlennoye I grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2020, no. 12, pp. 61-67. doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.61-67 (In Russ.).
11. Danilov A., Tusnina O. Non-disruptive method to decrease stresses in the web of the crane beam. E3S Web of Conferences, 2021, vol. 263, p. 02022. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/202126302022
12. Kettler M., Kiem F., Unterwegwer H. Local stresses in retrofitted crane runway girders with boxed upper flange due to eccentric wheel loading. Structures, 2020, vol. 25, pp. 646-659. doi: 10.1016/j.istruc.2020.03.024
- For citation: Tusnina O. A. Analysis of Local Stresses in the Web of Crane Beam. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2022, no. 10, pp. 20-26. (In Russ.). doi: 10.33622/0869-7019.2022.10.20-26