- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- The Degree Of Embrittlement At The Bending Points Of Bent-Welded Square And Rectangular Profiles
- UDC 620.178.746.22 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.12.31-39
Vitaliy M. GORITSKIY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgy R. SHNEYDEROV, e-mail: email@example.com
Leonid I. GLADSHTEIN
Sergei N. VOROB'EV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Mosñow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The problem of using bent-welded closed square and rectangular profiles is considered. The influence of two types of impact samples of Menage and Sharpie, as well as the chemical composition of steel on the amount of embrittlement at the bending points of square and rectangular profiles is investigated. It is determined how the place of cutting of impact samples (the beginning, middle and end section of the roll) affects the size of embrittlement of bending angles on the profile. The effect of phosphorus concentration in carbon steel on the level of yield strength and its contribution to the embrittlement value at the bending points of the profile has been studied. On the samples of Menage and Sharpie, the effect of the incision type on the shape of the impact curves in the range of climatic temperatures was tested. Cold resistance reserves have been determined for different steel grades. It has been studied how the ferrite grain size affects the critical brittleness temperatures. The Cottrell-Petch dependence is proposed for calculating the critical value of the ferrite grain size, which provides the amount of cold resistance reserve for the safe operation of building structures made of square and rectangular profiles.
Key words: closed bent-welded profiles, safety of building structures, ferrite-pearlite steel, structure, critical temperature of brittleness, impact strength, cold resistance reserve.
1. Vedyakov I. I., Solov'ev D. V., Armenskiy M. Y. New types of frameless buildings and their development prospects. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2009, no. 10, pp. 27-29. (In Russian).
2. Kamynin S. V., Kamenshchikov N. I. New technology of building construction with the use of steel thin-walled bent profiles. Montazhnye i spetsial'nye raboty v stroitel'stve, 2004, no. 9, pp. 4-9. (In Russian).
3. Khromushkin D. N., Tupitsyn A. I., Diakonova V. S. Properties of metal of bent-welded profiles for light metal structures of complex delivery. Razrabotka i issledovanie stali dlya metallicheskikh konstruktsiy [Development and research of steel for metal structures]. Moscow, Tsniiproektstalkonstruktsiya im. N. P. Melnikova Publ., 1988, pp. 58-79. (In Russian).
4. Artikov G. A., Belyaev V. F., Gladshtein L. I. The influence of cold forming on the mechanical properties of steel of closed bent-welded profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo,1994, no. 5, pp. 16-18. (In Russian).
5. Belyaev V. F., Gladshtein L. I., Artikov G. A. Choice of design resistances of steel of closed bent-welded profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1995, no. 5, pp. 16-18. (In Russian).
6. Odesskiy P. D., Vedyakov I. I. Stal' v stroitel'nykh konstruktsiyakh. Ch. 14. Kholodnodeformirovannye stali v metallicheskikh konstruktsiyakh [Steel in building structures. Part 14. Cold-deformed steels in metal structures]. Moscow, TSNIISK im. V. A. Koucherenko Publ., 2016. 47 p. (In Russian).
7. Goritskiy V. M., Shneiderov G. R., Kulemin A. M., Durneva A. A. Properties of hollow profiles obtained by rolling of sheet rolled product. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2020, no. 10, pp. 23-30. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.23-30.
8. Goritskiy V. M., Shneiderov G. R., Goritskiy O. V. Quality of bent-welded profiles of square and rectangular cross-section. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2020, no. 10, pp. 17-22. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.17-22.
9. Goritskiy V. M. Primenenie kharakteristik udarnoy vyazkosti v inzhenernoy praktike [Application of impact strength characteristics in engineering practice]. Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 2016. 304 p. (In Russian).
10. Pickering F. B. Fizicheskoe metallovedenie i razrabotka staley [Physical metallurgy and the design of steels]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1982. 184 p. (In Russian).
11. Goritskiy V. M., Khromov D. P., Schneiderov G. R., Kulemin A. M. Brittle fracture Resistance of closed sections of steel grade 17G1S. Nedelya metallov v Moskve 2015 [Proc. the proceedings of the conference]. Moscow, VNIImetmash Publ., 2016, pp. 419-430. (In Russian).
12. Goli-Oglu E. A., Efron L. I., Morozov Yu. D. Influence of deformation modes at the main stages of controlled rolling on the microstructure of pipe steel. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2013, no. 6(696), pp. 9-13. (In Russian).
13. Efron L. I. Metallovedeniein "bolshoy" metallurgii. Trubnaya stal [Metallology in the "big" metallurgy. The pipe steel]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 2012. 696 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Gladshtein L. I., Vorob'ev S. N. The Degree of Embrittlement at the Bending Points of Bent-Welded Square and Rectangular Profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 12, pp. 31-39. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.12.31-39.