- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- The Impact Of The Development Of The Regulatory Framework In The Field Of Fire Safety On The Use Of Steel Structures In Construction
- UDC 614.841.332 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.10.24-29
Vladimir I. GOLOVANOV1, e-mail: email@example.com
Denis G. PRONIN2, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Federal State Budgetary Institution VNIIPO EMERCOM of Russia, 143900 Moscow region, Balashikha, mkr VNIIPO, 12
2 Department of Urban Planning and Technical Regulation, TsNIIP of the Ministry of Construction of Russia, prospekt Vernadskogo, 29, Moscow 119331, Russian Federation
Abstract. The assessment of the development of construction with the use of steel building structures is made. The advantages and disadvantages of using bearing structures made of steel and reinforced concrete from the point of view of fire resistance requirements are analyzed. An assessment of the effectiveness of fire protection means is given on the example of an existing facility. Criteria for loss of fire resistance by building structures are given. The assessment of the state of the regulatory framework in terms of determining the fire resistance of structures, including those with fire protection, is given. The criteria for the loss of fire resistance by building structures, as well as the state of the regulatory framework in terms of determining the fire resistance of structures, including those with fire protection, are considered. A review of the methods of strength and thermal engineering calculations of steel structures with applied fire protection means is carried out. The work of the Steel Construction Development Association on the development of regulatory documents on fire safety, including the possibility of applying the standards of the organization, was noted. Further ways of development of the regulatory framework for fire resistance are outlined.
Key words: regulatory framework, steel structures, fire resistance, fire protection means.
1. Vishal M., Satyanarayanan K. S. A review on research of fire-induced progressive collapse on structures. Journal of Structural Fire Engineering, 2021, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 410-425.
2. Periodicheskiy obzor "Stroitel'naya otrasl' i rynok metallokonstruktsiy Rossii" [Periodic review "Construction industry and the market of metal structures in Russia"]. INFOLine, 2021, no. 1. Available at: www.infoline.spb.ru. (accessed 5.09.2021). (In Russian).
3. Pronin D. G., Konin D. V. Problems of using steel and reinforced concrete supporting structures of high-rise buildings from the point of view of their fire resistance. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost', 2018, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 50-57. (In Russian).
4. Agarwal A., Varma A. H. Fire induced progressive collapse of steel building structures: the role of interior gravity columns. Engineering Structures, 2014, no. 58, pp. 129-140.
5. Zamaliev F. S., Filippov V. V. Computational and experimental studies of steel-reinforced concrete structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 7, pp. 29-36. (In Russian).
6. Zende A., Kulkarni A., Hutagi A. Behavior of reinforced concrete subjected to high temperatures - a review. Journal of Structural Fire Engineering, 2013, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 281-296.
7. Lucherini A., Giuliani L., Jomaas G. Experimental study of the performance of intumescent coatings exposed to standard and non-standard fire conditions. Fire Safety Journal, 2018, vol. 95, pp. 42-50.
8. Milovanov A. F. Stoykost' zhelezobetonnykh konstruktsiy pri pozhare [Resistance of reinforced concrete structures in case of fire]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1998. 304 p. (In Russian).
9. Demekhin V. N., Mosalkov I. L., Plyusnina G. F. et al. Zdaniya, sooruzheniya i ikh ustoychivost' pri pozhare [Buildings, structures and their stability in case of fire]. Moscow, Academy of State Fire Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia Publ., 2003. 656 p. (In Russian).
10. Yakovlev A. I. Raschet ognestoykosti stroitel'nykh konstruktsiy [Calculation of fire resistance of building structures]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1988. 143 p. (In Russian).
11. Korotkov R. V. Fire safety: fire protection of supporting metal structures of buildings. Vestnik gosudarstvennoy ekspertizy, 2018, no. 1, pp. 46-47. (In Russian).
12. Golovanov V. I., Pekhotikov A. V., Pavlov V. V. Estimation of fire-protection performance efficiency of coatings for steel structures. Pozharnaya bezopasnost', 2020, no. 4, pp. 43-54. (In Russian).
13. Kodur V., Naser M. Z. Effect of local instability on fire response of steel beams. PSU Research Review, 2017, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 170-179.
14. Jukomskia M., Turkowskia P., Roszkowskia P., Papisa B. Fire resistance of unprotected steel beams - comparison between fire tests and calculation models. Procedia Engineering, 2017, no. 172, pp. 665-672.
15. Mahmud H. M. I., Mandal A., Nag S., Moinuddin K. A. M. Performance of fire protective coatings on structural steel member exposed to high temperature. Journal of Structural Fire Engineering, 2021, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 193-211.
16. STO ARSS 11251254.001-018-1. Proektirovanie zhilykh i obshchestvennykh zdaniy s primeneniem stal'nykh konstruktsiy [Engineering of residential and public buildings using steel structures]. Steel Construction Development Association. Moscow, Axiom Graphics Union Publ., 2018. 144 p. (In Russian).
17. STO ARSS 11251254.001-018-03. Proektirovanie ognezashchity nesushchikh stal'nykh konstruktsiy s primeneniem razlichnykh tipov oblitsovok (VNPB 73-18) [Engineering fire protection of supporting steel structures using various types of covering (VNPB 73-18)]. Steel Construction Development Association. Moscow, Axiom Graphics Union Publ., 2018. 72 p. (In Russian).
18. Pronin D. G. Set of rules: central link. Bezopasnost' zdaniy i sooruzheniy, 2021, no. 2, pp. 96-101. (In Russian).
- For citation: Golovanov V. I., Pronin D. G. The Impact of the Development of the Regulatory Framework in the Field of Fire Safety on the Use of Steel Structures In Construction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 10, pp. 24-29. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.10.24-29.