- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Method Of Control Tests For Valve Couplings Simulating Seismic Loads
- UDC 693.554:621.791.052.3:699.841 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.06.25-31
Viktor A. RAKHMANOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Aleksandr A. SAFONOV
Institut VNIIzhelezobeton, ul. Plekhanova, 7, Moscow 111141, Russian Federation
Abstract. The materials of studies of the coupling joints of reinforcement performed at the Institute of Vniizhelezobeton according to the method of low-cycle loading in accordance with the requirements of the State Standard "Mechanical reinforcement joints for reinforced concrete structures. Test methods" are presented. The tests were carried out on modern equipment from SCHENCK (Germany) and MTS (USA), which ensures compliance with all the requirements of the standard for research methods, as well as computer measurements and processing of the results. It is established that the pressed coupling joints have a number of disadvantages associated with their assembly, control over the location of the connected rods, the compression force and the accuracy of the geometric dimensions of the couplings. This limits the possibility of their use for buildings and structures that perceive seismic loads without conducting control tests for low-cycle endurance under variable tension-compression with a high level of elastic-plastic loading. The fallacy of the requirements for a number of indicators of the normative document establishing technical requirements for mechanical joints of reinforcement for reinforced concrete structures is revealed, and the need for its improvement is justified.
Key words: test procedure, seismic impacts, coupling joints, low-cycle loading, reinforcement.
1. Rakhmanov V. A., Rozovskiy E. L. Rekomendatsii po metodu dinamicheskikh ispytaniy betona [Recommendations for the method of dynamic testing of concrete]. Moscow, 1985. 35 p. (In Russian).
2. Rakhmanov V. A., Rozovskiy E. L. Rekomendatsii po metodu dinamicheskikh ispytaniy armatury [Recommendations for the method of dynamic testing of valves]. Moscow, 1985. 38 p. (In Russian).
3. Rakhmanov V. A. Polistirolbeton sistemy Junikon - jenergojeffektivnyj material XXI v. [Polystyrene concrete of the Unicon system is an energy-efficient material of the XXI century]. Moscow, Zolotoe sechenie Publ., 2017. 512 p. (In Russian).
4. Rakhmanov V. A., Safonov A. A. Properties of polystyrene concrete under various types of static and dynamic compression. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 4, pp. 65-71. (In Russian).
5. Rakhmanov V. A., Rimshin V. I., Safonov A. A. Studies of strength and deformation properties of ordinary heavy concretes of class B35 and B55 under conditions of triaxial compression. Proc. RAASN. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2017, pp. 317-324. (In Russian).
6. Rakhmanov V. A., Safonov A. A. Development of experimental methods for evaluating concrete deformation diagrams under compression. ACADEMIA. Arkhitektura i stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 3, pp. 120-125. (In Russian).
7. Rakhmanov V. A., Safonov A. A. Features of deformation of mechanical coupling joints of fittings under various control test modes according to GOST 34227-2017. Proc. RAASN. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2020, vol. 2, pp. 217-227. (In Russian).
8. ISO 15835-1. Steels for the reinforcement of concrete - Reinforcement couplers for mechanical splices of bars - Part 1: Requirements.
9. ISO 15835-2. Steels for the reinforcement of concrete - Reinforcement couplers for mechanical splices of bars - Part 2: Test methods.
10. Method of tests for mechanical and welded reinforcing steel splices. California Department of Transportation. USA, Sacramento CA, 2004.
11. ASTM A1034/A1034M 05b. Standard test methods for testing mechanical splices for steel reinforcing bars.
12. D'yachkov V. V. Strength and deformability of threaded mechanical joints of fittings. Beton i zhelezobeton, 2006, no. 1, pp. 1-14. (In Russian).
13. Madotyan S. A., D'yachkov V. V. Compressed reinforced concrete elements with mechanical connections of working reinforcement. Beton i zhelezobeton, 2007, no. 4, pp. 16-20. (In Russian).
14. Primenenie mekhanicheskikh soedineniy armatury v zhelezobetonnykh konstruktsiyakh [Application of mechanical joints of reinforcement in reinforced concrete structures]. Minstroy RF. Moscow, Federal'nyy tsentr normirovaniya, standartizatsii i otsenki sootvetstviya v stroitel'stve Publ., 2016. 88 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Rakhmanov V. A., Safonov A. A. Method of Control Tests for Valve Couplings Simulating Seismic Loads. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 6, pp. 25-31. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.06.25-31.