- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Considering The Elastic Properties Of The Foundation When Calculating Earthquake-Resistant Buildings
- UDC 624.042.7(083.75) DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.05.46-52
Aleksandr V. TOKARSKIY1, e-mail: email@example.com
Vladimir S. SEMENOV2, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatiana V. TOKARSKAYA2, e-mail: email@example.com
1 Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture named after N. Isanova, ul. Maldybaeva, 34 B, Bishkek 720020, Kyrgyzstan
2 Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B. N. Yeltsin, ul. Kievskaya, 44, Bishkek 720000, Kyrgyzstan
Abstract. The article considers the provisions of the updated standards for earthquake-resistant construction of the Russian Federation and the Kyrgyz Republic in terms of taking into account the elastic characteristics of bases when calculating buildings and structures for seismic loads. The features of the practical application of new methods for determining the equivalent elastic stiffness of bases using data on the velocities of propagation of elastic waves in the soil layers of the construction site according to the standards of Kyrgyzstan are noted. There are also given alternative methods for determining the elastic properties of bases using data on their static stiffness. However, in widely used software packages of the LIRA family, the stiffness of the base is set not by the elastic modulus, but by the bed coefficients. As a result of the analysis of various models of the base, it is concluded that the method for determining the rigidity of the base using the coefficient of elastic uniform soil compression is currently the most correct for use in practical calculations for seismic loads in the LIRA-SAPR software package. Preliminary calculations of this coefficient for several construction sites have shown that this method of determining the elastic characteristics of the base makes it possible to quite accurately reach the values of the stiffness of soils calculated on the basis of experimental data on the velocities of propagation of elastic waves in them. Taking this into account, proposals are made aimed at modernizing the design norms (rules) in seismic regions and LIRA-SAPR software systems.
Key words: building codes, earthquake-resistant construction, elastic properties, base model, bed coefficient, elastic modulus, wave number, software package.
1. Tjapin A.G. Uchet vzaimodejstvija sooruzhenij s osnovaniem pri raschetah na sejsmicheskie vozdejstvija. Rukovodstvo po raschetam [Considering the interaction of structures with the base when calculating seismic effects. Calculation guide]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2014. 136 p. (In Russian).
2. Tjapin A. G. Raschet sooruzhenij na sejsmicheskie vozdejstvija s uchetom vzaimodejstvija s gruntovym osnovaniem [Calculation of structures for seismic effects, considering the interaction with the soil base]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2013. 392 p. (In Russian).
3. Semenov V. S., Akmatova Zh. A. Bed coefficient and its influence on the operation of high-rise buildings under seismic loads. Vestnik KRSU, 2012, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 140-145. (In Russian).
4. Venionu S. K. Utochnenie raschetnyh shem sooruzhenij pri ih raschete na sejsmicheskie vozdejstvija s uchetom vzaimodejstvija s osnovaniem [Refinement of calculation schemes of structures in their calculation for seismic effects, taking into account the interaction with the base]. Moscow, 2001. 22 p. Available at: https://www.dissercat.com/content/utochnenie-raschetnykh-skhem-sooruzhenii-pri-ikh-raschete-na-seismicheskie-vozdeistviya-s-uc (accessed 15.01.2021). (In Russian).
5. LIRA-SAPR. Kniga 1. Osnovy [LIRA-SAPR. Book 1. Basics]. E. B. Strelec-Streleckij, A. V. Zhuravlev, R. Ju. Vodop'janov. Moscow, LIRALAND Publ., 2019. 154 p. (In Russian).
6. Rekomendacii po proektirovaniju osnovanij i fundamentov zdanij i sooruzhenij, vozvodimyh v sejsmicheskih rajonah [Recommendations for the design of bases and foundations of buildings and structures erected in seismic regions]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1975. 31 p. (In Russian).
7. Rukovodstvo po proektirovaniju fundamentov mashin s dinamicheskimi nagruzkami [Guidelines for the design of foundations of machines with dynamic loads]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1982. 206 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Tokarskiy A. V., Semenov V. S., Tokarskaya T. V. Considering the Elastic Properties of the Foundation when Calculating Earthquake-Resistant Buildings. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 5, pp. 46-52. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.05.46-52.