- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Corrosion Resistance Of Reinforcing Fibers In Materials Based On Portland Cement
- UDC 620.193 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.69-77
Andrey P. PUSTOVGAR, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anastasiya Yu. ABRAMOVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Nadezhda E. ERYOMINA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The choice of reinforcing fibers for concrete should be determined based on the functional purpose of the structure and operating conditions. Aggressive media affecting the material can negatively influence on the functional strength and durability of the structure. The article presents the results of an experimental study of the corrosion resistance of steel, basalt, glass and polyolefin fibrous fibers to the alkaline medium of a cement-sand mortar under the influence of 100 cycles of variable temperature and high humidity. Comparative assessment of the state of the fibers before and after the tests was carried out by analyzing the microphotografies obtained by scanning electron scanning microscopy. Theoretical issues of the effective use of various types of fibrous fiber for dispersed concrete reinforcement are also considered. The practical significance of scientific work to identify the corrosion resistance of reinforcing fibers in a cement-sand matrix is to apply the research results in order to predict possible consequences (risks) during various types of work.
Key words: corrosion resistance, concrete, basalt fiber, polypropylene fiber, dispersed reinforcement, fiber.
1. Guo Zh., Wan Ch., Xu M., Chen J. Review of basalt fiber-reinforced concrete in China: alkali resistance of fibers and static mechanical properties of composites. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2018, vol. 4, pp. 1-11. DOI 10.1155/2018/9198656.
2. Smirnova O. M. Effect of dispersed reinforcement with synthetic microfibre on the strength of road concrete. Vestnik nauki i obrazovaniya Severo-Zapada Rossii, 2016, no. 3, vol. 2, pp. 15-19. (In Russian).
3. Rabinovich F. N. Kompozity na osnove dispersno-armirovannyh betonov [Composites based on dispersed-reinforced concrete]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2004. 560 p. (In Russian).
4. Klyuev S. V. Experimental studies of fiber-reinforced concrete structures. Stroitel'naya mekhanika inzhenernyh konstrukciy i sooruzheniy, 2011, no. 4, pp. 71-74. (In Russian).
5. Saje D., Bandelj B., Sustersic J. et al. Shrinkage and creep of steel fiber reinforced normal strength concrete. Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 2013, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1-11.
6. Lesnov V. V., Erofeev V. T. Investigation of the properties of frame composites reinforced with various types of metal fiber. Vestnik VolgGASU, 2013, no. 3(28), pp. 1-8. (In Russian).
7. Pustovgar A. P., Abramova A. Yu., Eremina N. E. Efficiency of the use of dispersed reinforcement of concrete and mortar with polypropylene and basalt fiber. Tekhnologii betonov, 2019, no. 7-8, pp. 48-56. (In Russian).
8. Novickiy A. G., Efremov M. V. Aspects of the use of basalt fiber for concrete reinforcement. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/bmvs_2010_36_5 (accessed 10.03.2021). (In Russian).
9. Korovkin M. O., Eroshkina N. A., Yanbukova A. R. Investigation of the effectiveness of polymer fiber in fine-grained concrete. Inzhenerny vestnik Dona, 2017, no. 2. Available at: ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/ n2y2017/4164 (accessed 10.03.2021). (In Russian).
10. Moskovskiy S. V., Noskov A. S., Rudnov V. S., Alekhin V. N. Influence of dispersed reinforcement on the deformation and strength properties of concrete. Akademicheskiy vestnik UralNIIproekt RAASN, 2016, no. 3, pp. 67-71. (In Russian).
11. Ivanov L. A. On the results of dissertation research in the field of nanotechnology and nanomaterials. Vestnik nauki i obrazovaniya Severo-Zapada Rossii, 2016, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 1-6. (In Russian).
12. Son M. Corrosion protection method of steel fibers. Patent CN 103787603 A. Suzhou Institute of Technology, China. Publ. 14.05.2014.
13. Yoo D.-Y.l, Gim J. Y., Chun B. Effects of rust layer and corrosion degree on the pullout behavior of steel fibers from ultra-high-performance concrete. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2020, vol. 9, iss. 3, pp. 3632-3648. DOI 10.1016/j.jmrt.2020.01.101.
14. Novickiy A. G. Chemical resistance of basalt fibers for concrete reinforcement. Himicheskaya promyshlennost' Ukrainy, 2003, no. 3, pp. 16-19. (In Russian).
15. Al' Hashimi O. I. M. Basalt fiber: application prospects. Tekhnologii betonov, 2014, no. 6, pp. 13-15. (In Russian).
16. Serova R. F., Rahimova G. M., Stasilovich E. A., Ajdarbekova S. Zh. Investigation of physical and mechanical properties of dispersed-reinforced concrete. Epoha nauki, 2018, no. 14, pp. 192-200. (In Russian).
17. Elshafie S., Whittleston G. Evaluating the efficiency of basalt and glass fibres on resisting the alkaline, acid and thermal environments. American Journal of Materials Science, 2016, no. 6 (1), pp. 19-3. DOI 10.5923/j.materials.20160601.02.
18. Knotko A. V., Pustovgar E. A., Garshev A. V., Putlyaev V. I., Tret'yakov Y. D. A protective diffusion layer formed on surface of basaltic fiberglass during oxidizing. Protection of Metals and Physical Chemistry of Surfaces, 2011, no. 47(5), pp. 658-661. DOI: 10.1134/S2070205111050091.
19. Pashchenko A. A., Serbin V. P., Paslasskaya A. P. et al. Armirovanie neorganicheskih vyazhushchih veshchestv mineral'nymi voloknami [Reinforcement of inorganic binders with mineral fibers]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1988. 201 p. (In Russian).
20. Babaev V. B., Strokova V. V., Nelyubova V. V., Savgir N. L. On the question of the alkali resistance of basalt fiber in the cement system. Vestnik BGTU im. V. G. Shuhova, 2013, no. 2, pp. 63-66. (In Russian).
21. Choheli T. R. Dispersed concrete reinforcement. Evrazijskiy soyuz uchenyh (ESU), 2019, no. 5(62), pp. 87-90. (In Russian).
22. Holubová B. Corrosion of glass fibres in ultra high performance concrete and normal strength concrete. Ceramics - Silikaty, 2017, no. 61, pp. 1-9. DOI:10.13168/cs.2017.0031.
23. Zanotti C., Banthia N., Plizzari G. A study of some factors affecting bond in cementitious fiber reinforced repairs. Cement Concrete Research, 2014, no. 63, pp. 117-126. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconres.2014.05.008.
24. Rigaud S., Chanvillard G, Chen J. Characterization of bending and tensile behaviours of ultra-high performance concrete containing glass fibres. Proc. of High Performance Fibre Reinforced Cement Composites. Rilem Bookseries, 2012, pp. 3730-380.
25. Salamaha L. V., Kushnir E. G., Begun A. I. Influence of glass fiber parameters on the physical and mechanical characteristics of glass-cement compositions. V_snik PDABA, 2011, no. 1-2, pp. 30-36. (In Russian).
26. Charles R. J. Static fatigue of glass. Journal of Applied Physics, 1958, no. 29, pp. 1549-1560. DOI 10.1063/1.1722991.
27. Majumdar A. J. Improvements in or relating to glass fibres and compositions containing glass fibres. National Research Development Corp, UK Patent I 243 972. 1971.
28. Klyuev S. V., Lesovik R. V. Dispersed-reinforced fine-grained concrete using polypropylene fiber. Beton i zhelezobeton, 2011, no. 3, pp. 7-9. (In Russian).
29. Ding Ch., Wu Ch., Meng Zh., Fang G. Mechanical properties and characteristic analysis of the new concave-convex polypropylene macro fiber. Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 2019, vol. 14, pp. 1-7.
30. Lin W., Cheng A. Effect of polyolefin fibers and supplementary cementitious materials on corrosion behavior of cement-based composites. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 2013, no. 23, pp. 888-896. DOI 10.1007/s10904-013-9866-1.
31. Smirnova O. M., Andreeva E. V. Properties of heavy concrete dispersed reinforced with synthetic microfibre. Stroitel'nye materialy, 2016, no. 10, pp. 1-4. (In Russian).
32. Bogdanova E. R. Experimental studies of concrete dispersed-reinforced with synthetic polypropylene fiber. Izvestiya PGUPS, 2015, no. 2, pp. 91-98. (In Russian).
33. Kaufmann D., Manser M. Changes in the strength of two-component polymer fibers during creep and in aggressive environments. Metro i tonneli, 2015, no. 4, pp. 30-35. (In Russian).
- For citation: Pustovgar A. P., Abramova A. Yu., Eryomina N. E. Corrosion Resistance of Reinforcing Fibers in Materials Based on Portland Cement. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 3, pp. 69-77. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.69-77.