- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Inspection Of Translucent Facade Structures
- UDC 624.016:692.82 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.37-43
Kirill V. AVDEEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Konstantin G. VAHRUSHEV, e-mail: Vahrushev.email@example.com
Central Scientific Research Institute for Industrial Buildings and Structure - TSNIIPROMZDANII, Dmitrovskoe shosse, 46, korp. 2, Moscow 127238, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article presents an analysis of the quality of design solutions and works on the construction of translucent facade structures as well as their condition during operation. Some characteristic defects and damages revealed during the inspection of facades by specialists of the Institute of "TSNIIPromzdaniy" are described. The reasons for the problems that arise at the facilities during construction and operation, mainly related to the destruction or risk of glass destruction, are given, as well as recommendations for their elimination. The recommendations formulated based on the results of the work will improve the quality of design and installation, as well as the reliability and safety of translucent facade structures. The survey data obtained will be useful to specialists in construction supervision when controlling the quality of structures under construction and to specialists in operation when maintaining facades.
Key words: inspection, translucent facade structures, modular structures, intermodular joints, deformability of reinforced concrete floors, glass destruction, nickel sulfide inclusions in glass composition.
1. Boriskina I. V. Zdaniya i sooruzheniya so svetoprozrachnym fasadami i krovlyami.Teoreticheskie osnovy proektirovaniya svetoprozrachnykh konstruktsiy [Buildings and structures with translucent facades and roofs.Theoretical foundations of the design of translucent structures]. St. Petersburg, Lyubavich Publ., 2012. 396 p. (In Russian).
2. Vakhrushev K. G., Konstantinov A. P. Classification of curtain walls: analysis of classification features. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2019, no. 7, pp. 84-91. (In Russian).
3. Kazmierczak K. Review of curtain walls, focusing on design problems and solutions, design and rehabilitation. BEST2 - Design and Rehabilitationyu Session EE4-1, 2010.
4. Mylnikov S. A., Vakhrushev K. G. Design features of modular facades. Tekhnologii stroitel'stva, 2010, no. 4(73), pp. 56-58. (In Russian).
5. Solntsev S. S., Morozov E. M. Razrushenie stekla [Breaking glass]. Moscow, URSS Publ., 2008. 152 p. (In Russian).
6. Kudryavtsev B. A., Morozov E. M., Partonim V. Z. To calculate the trajectory of curved cracks. Mekhanika tverdogo tela, 1968, no. 3, pp. 185-187. (In Russian).
7. Solinov V. F. Effect of nickel sulfide inclusion on the process of spontaneous destruction of tempered glass. Steklo i keramika, 2007, no. 5, pp. 3-6. (In Russian).
- For citation: Avdeev K. V., Vahrushev K. G. Inspection of Translucent Facade Structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 3, pp. 37-43. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.37-43.