- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Technical Condition Of The Bearing Structures Of The Ostankino TV Tower After 50 Years Of Operation
- UDC 624.971.2(47-25) DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.31-36
Vladimir I. TRAVUSH, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GORPROEKT, Nizhny Susalny per., 5, str. 5A, Moscow 105064, Russian Federation
Aleksandr N. MAMIN, e-mail: email@example.com, Emil N. KODYSH, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladimir V. BOBROV, e-mail: email@example.com
Central Scientific Research Institute for Industrial Buildings and Structure - TSNIIPROMZDANII, Dmitrovskoe shosse, 46, korp. 2, Moscow 127238, Russian Federation
Tatyana V. DOLGOVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Volokolamskoe shosse, 4, Moscow 125993, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article considers the design features of the Ostankino TV tower in Moscow, including measures to eliminate the consequences of the fire in 2000. The results of a survey of the major bearing structures of the tower are presented: foundations, reinforced concrete body, fasteners of ropes, metal antenna, bearing metal structures of riggings, balconies, platforms, bearing steel diaphragms of pairing antenna parts with a reinforced concrete body, the attachment of rigging to reinforced concrete body. The survey conducted in 2020 included determining the actual concrete class and the technical condition of metal structures, conducting selective flaw detection of the concrete of the tower body, and conducting non-destructive quality control of welds and the condition of embedded parts. Photos giving an idea of the characteristic state of the reinforced concrete body of the tower at various elevations from the inside and outside are presented. It is established that the compressive strength of the concrete of the body and the foundation of the structure exceeds the value provided for in the project. No defects affecting the further safe operation of the structure were detected by the results of ultrasonic inspection of the welds and rope fastening pins. It is recommended to continue constant monitoring of the structures and soils of the base of the TV tower.
Key words: Ostankino TV tower, bearing structures, steel ropes, reinforced concrete body, metal elements.
1. Travush V. I., Shulyatev S. O. History of development of skyscraper foundation construction in Russia. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitelstvo, 2016, no. 10, pp. 8-16. (In Russian)
2. Nikitin N. V. Samaya vysokaya v mire [The tallest in the world]. Seriya: Stroitel'stvo i arkhitektura. Moscow, Znanie Publ., 1969. 46 p. (In Russian)
3. Travush V. I. The 50-year anniversary of the Ostankino television tower that is a structural concrete symbol of Moscow. Vestnik NITS "Stroitel'stvo", 2018, no. 1(16), pp. 126-132. (In Russian)
4. Karpenko N. I., Karpenko S. N., Yarmakovsky V. N., Yerofeev V. T. The modern methods for ensuring of the reinforced concrete structures durability. Academia. Arhitektura i stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 1, pp. 93-102. (In Russian)
5. Fedosov S. V., Rumyantseva V. E., Konovalova S. V., Karavaev I. V. Rate of penetration of chloride ions to the surface of steel reinforcement in hydrophobized concretes. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii. Regional'noe prilozhenie, 2018, no. 4(56), pp. 93-99. (In Russian)
6. Stupakov A. A., Razin P. E. Concrete condition on the external surface Ostankino TV tower. Vestnik MGSU, 2011, no. 3, pp. 218-226. (In Russian)
7. Nikitin N. V. Ostankinskaya televizionnaya bashnya [Ostankino TV tower]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1972. 215 p. (In Russian)
8. Otchet po okazaniyu tekhnicheskikh uslug po soprovozhdeniyu nablyudeniy za konstruktsiyami Ostankinskoy televizionnoy bashni i vydacha rekomendatsiy po ee dal'neyshey ekspluatatsii [Report on the provision of technical services to support observations of the structures of the Ostankino television Tower and issue recommendations for its further operation]. OAO ENPI. Moscow, 2011. (In Russian).
9. Vedyakov I. I., Gukova M. I., Farfel M. I. Technical condition of the Ostankino TV Tower structures after the fire in 2000. Vestnik NITS "Stroitel'stvo", 2013, iss. 7-8 (XXXI), pp. 5-22. (In Russian)
10. Tekhnicheskiy otchet po rezul'tatam obsledovaniya sostoyaniya zhelezobetonnykh konstruktsiy Ostankinskoy televizionnoy bashni posle pozhara s vydachey rekomendatsiy po ikh vosstanovleniyu [Technical report on the results of the survey of the state of the reinforced concrete structures of the Ostankino television Tower after the fire with recommendations for their restoration]. GUP "NIIZhB". Moscow, 2000. (In Russian).
- For citation: Travush V. I., Mamin A. N., Kodysh E. N., Bobrov V. V., Dolgova T. V. Technical Condition of the Bearing Structures of the Ostankino TV Tower after 50 Years of Operation. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2021, no. 3, pp. 31-36. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2021.03.31-36.