- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Load-Bearing Capacity Of Friction Joints Of Aluminum Structures
- UDC 691.88:621.882.6:691.771 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.82-85
Jurij S. KUNIN, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anton A. SINEEV, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Based on an earlier analysis of the normative documentation for steel and aluminum building structures, it was found that only steel bolts are currently used for friction joints with high-strength bolts. The reason for this is the lack of aluminum alloys of sufficiently high strength to make high-strength bolts from them. When using aluminum alloy bolts with the maximum temporary resistance at the moment, the required number of bolts increases approximately twice, provided that the strength is comparable to the connection, which uses high-strength steel bolts. This decision is not rational. The use of steel bolts in the friction joints of aluminum structures is not fully possible due to the incompleteness of the data presented in the domestic normative documentation. In particular, the formula for calculating the friction joint, which is the same for aluminum and steel structures, assumes the use of a coefficient that is presented only for steel structures and depends on the method of surface treatment. For aluminum, this formula is valid only in the absence of processing of the connected surfaces. Thus, it is necessary to determine some coefficients for calculating the friction joints of aluminum structures. For this purpose, two series of samples were tested: without treatment of the connected surfaces and with treatment with metal brushes. The results of the tests confirmed the need to study the issue of determining the above-mentioned coefficients, in particular: it is necessary to conduct a series of tests to determine the coefficient of friction of elements of aluminum structures, depending on the method of surface treatment, after which it is necessary to determine the coefficient for calculating friction joints for each method.
Key words: bolted and friction joints, joints on high-strength steel bolts, aluminum structures, physical and mechanical tests.
1. Artemeva I. N. Alyuminievy`e konstrukcii [Aluminum construction]. Leningrad, Strojizdat Publ., Leningr. otdelenie, 1976. 208 p. (In Russian).
2. Panteleenko F. I., Shumov O. V. Increasing the resistance of welded joints of aluminum alloys. Vestnik Poloczkogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya V. Promy`shlennost`. Prikladny`e nauki, 2018, no. 3, pp. 69-72. (In Russian).
3. Sizova O. V., Kolubaev A. V., Kolubaev E. A. et al. Influence of the main parameters of the friction-mixing welding process on the defect structure of the welded joint. Obrabotka metallov (texnologiya, oborudovanie, instrumenty), 2017, no. 4(77), pp. 19-29. (In Russian).
4. Bogdanov T. M., Bogomolova A. D., Novozhilova N. I. Soedineniya v stroitel`ny`x konstrukciyax iz alyuminiya [Connections in building structures made of aluminum]. Moscow, Central`ny`j institut nauchnoj informacii po stroitel`stvu i arxitekture Publ., 1959. 52 p. (In Russian).
5. Trofimov V. I. Alyuminievy`e konstrukcii [Aluminum construction]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1978. 154 p. (In Russian).
6. Sineev A. A. Load-bearing capacity of screw (bolted) joints of aluminum structural elements. Sbornik tezisov dokladov Vserossijskoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii. Moscow, NIU MGSU Publ., 2019, vol. 1, pp. 83-84. (In Russian).
- For citation: Kunin Ju. S., Sineev A. A. Load-Bearing Capacity of Friction Joints of Aluminum Structures. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 82-85. DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.82-85. (In Russian).