- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Increasing The Operational Life Of Crane Beams
- UDC 624.072.22:621.874 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.61-67
Vladimir F. TAKKI, e-mail: email@example.com
Igor F. EGOROV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ITÑ «SKAUT», ul. Sovetskaya, 5, Elektrostal 144000, Russian Federation
Olga A. TUSNINA, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. uring intensive operation of welded crane beams, in buildings and structures with heavy duty and extra heavy duty cranes, longitudinal cracks are formed along the weld line of the flange-wall connection, often turning into vertical cracks along the weld lines of the ribs. The provoking factor of destruction under cyclic loads is an innate lack of welded joints - weakening in the near-weld zone and the presence in it of internal stresses that are difficult to account for, aggravating the state of the weld, around which multiple bends occur in the crane beams. In the absence of such a factor (as, for example, in riveted beams), the service life of crane beams increases, which was confirmed by the results of this study of the proposed design of beams with frictional joint of the upper flange with the wall. The studies were carried out by numerical methods using computing program Femap. The stress-strain state of the crane beams with the welded and frictional connection of the upper flange with the wall is analyzed on the basis of the finite element analysis results. Contour plots and stress diagrams in the wall of the beams are shown. It is shown that the fatigue utilization factor of the beam with the frictional connection is lower than that of a welded beam, which indicates a higher reliability of crane beams with the frictional flange-to-web connection as compared to welded beams under the action of cyclic loads. The use of a friction flange-to-web connection turns out to be effective both in the new design of crane beams for heavy and especially heavy duty cranes, and in reinforcement of existing welded beams with the cracks.
Key words: crane beam, fatigue of steel construction, cracks, welded seam, reinforcement, service life, frictional connection, composite beam, maintainability, risk factor.
1. Fyn Syu-Tszyun', Lin' Sin'-Shan', Fan Tian. Investigation of fatigue damage to the upper zone of the walls of steel crane beams. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1994, no. 11-12, pp. 33-35. (In Russian).
2. Artyukhov V. N., Shcherbakov E. A., Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R. On the state of crane structures of the converter housing of JSC "Severstal". Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2001, no. 6, pp. 31-34. (In Russian).
3. Sklyadnev A. I., Serdyuk V. V. Fatigue life and a measure of damage to the upper wall zone of welded crane girders. Bezopasnost' truda v promyshlennosti, 2004, no. 11, pp. 34-36. (In Russian).
4. Moskvichev V. V., Chaban E. A. The bearing capacity of the subcrane beams during regular and emergency operation. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyy analiz. Modelirovanie, 2018, no. 2(58), pp. 8-18. (In Russian).
5. Salimov R. D., Ivanov M. A., Shcherbakov I. A. To the issue of operability of the fillet weld of the crane girder. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Metallurgiya, 2013, no. 2(13), pp. 147-150. (In Russian).
6. Kozhemyaka S. V., Krupenchenko A. V., Velichko I. I. Choice technology's of steel under crane runway beams strengthening. Vestnik DonNASA, 2010, no. 3(83), pp. 47-53. (In Russian).
7. Citarelli S., Feldmann M. Fatigue failure of runway beams due to wheel loads. Special Issue: Proceedings of Nordic Steel, 2019, vol. 3, iss. 3-4, pp. 621-628. The 14th Nordic Steel Construction Conference, September 18-20, 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark.
8. Wardenier J., de Vries P., Timmermann G. Evaluation of cracks in an offshore crane runway girder. Steel Construction, 2017, no. 10, pp. 67-71.
9. Ovsyannikov V. E. Some aspects of assessing the condition of crane beams. Vestnik KGU, 2011, no. 1, pp. 3-5. (In Russian).
10. Shul'ga S. N., Arutyunyan G. A. Repair of fatigue cracks in the driving lower chord of the crane and rafter truss. Predotvrashcheniye avariy zdaniy i sooruzheniy. Available at: http://www.pamag.ru/pressa/remont-ustalostnih-treshin (accessed 14.09.2020). (In Russian).
11. Rykaluk K., Marcinczak K., Rowiñski S. Fatigue hazards in welded plate crane runway girders - locations, causes and calculations. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 2018, no. 18, pp. 69-82.
- For citation: Takki V. F., Egorov I. F., Tusnina O. A. Increasing the Operational Life of Crane Beams. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 61-67. DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.61-67. (In Russian).