- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Technique For Refined Calculation Of Corrugated Beams For General Stability
- UDC 624.046.5:691.714-422.2 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.52-60
Sergey A. MAKEEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siberian State Automobile and Highway University (SibADI), prospekt Mira, 5, korp. 3, Omsk 644080, Russian Federation
Natalia G. SILINA, e-mail: email@example.com
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117393, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article is devoted to the problem related to the development of a method for refined calculation of the overall stability of welded I-beams with corrugated walls of the sinusoidal outline of the corrugation guide. Modern Russian and European standards recommend to make the calculation of the stability of corrugated beams (steel I-beams, welded beams with a transverse corrugated thin wall) from the plane of the wall is performed by calculating the total longitudinal stability of the compressed upper flange of the beam from the plane of the wall as a centrally compressed bar element without taking into account the reinforcing effect from the joint work of the beam elements. It is noted that the currently used method of calculating the overall stability leads to an underestimation of the load-bearing capacity of these beams when determining their overall stability. The results of preliminary calculations show that taking into account the joint work of elements makes it possible to increase the design stability of corrugated beams. A method is proposed for a more accurate calculation of the general stability of corrugated beams by introducing into the mathematical model of a centrally compressed upper flange a variable along the length of the longitudinal load, depending on the bending moment in the beam, with the introduction of an elastic medium distributed along the flange length, simulating the resistance to buckling of the flange from the plane of the wall, which manifests itself when the beam elements work together.
Key words: corrugated beam, general stability of beam from plane of wall, central compression, critical force, general longitudinal stability of element in elastic medium.
1. Vasil'ev A. L., Glozman M. K., Pavlinova E. A., Filippeo M. V. Prochnye sudovye gofrirovannye pereborki [Strong ship's corrugated bulkheads]. Leningrad, Sudostroenie Publ., 1964. 316 p. (In Russian).
2. Maksimov Yu. S., Ostrikov G. M. Steel beams with a thin corrugated wall - an effective type of load-bearing structures of industrial buildings. Promyshlennoe stroitel'stvo, 1984, no. 4, pp. 10-11. (In Russian).
3. Dmitrieva T. L., Ulambayar Kh. Use of corrugated beams in modern design. Izvestiya vuzov. Investitsii. Stroitel'stvo. Nedvizhimost', 2015, no. 4(15), pp. 132-139. (In Russian).
4. Bryantsev A. A., Absimetov V. E., Lalin V. V. Efficiency of using I-beams with corrugated walls in industrial buildings. Stroitel'stvo unikal'nykh zdaniy i sooruzheniy, 2017, no. 3(54), pp. 93-104. (In Russian).
5. Tishkov N. L., Stepanenko A. N., Shipelev I. L., Ustimenko M. B. Improving the design of a steel I-beam with a thin cross-corrugated wall. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo arkhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta, 2020, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 104-111. (In Russian).
6. Pasternak H., Kubieniec G. Rlate girders with corrugated webs. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 2010, no. 16(2), pp. 166-171.
7. Maksimov Yu. S., Ostrikov G. M., Dolinskiy V. V. Stability of corrugated walls of I-beams. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 1985, no. 6, pp. 43-45. (In Russian).
8. Ostrikov G. M., Maksimov Yu. S., Dolinskiy V. V. Investigation of the bearing capacity of steel I-beams with a vertically corrugated wall. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 1983, no. 1, pp. 68-70. (In Russian).
9. Pasternak H., Robra J., Kubieniec G. Plate girders with corrugated webs. Stability and Ductility of Structures. Baltic Session of the International Colloquium. Vilnius (Litauen), 2009, pp. 1-5.
10. Stepanenko A. N. Stal'nye dvutavrovye sterzhni s volnistoy stenkoy [Steel I-beam rods with a wavy wall]. Khabarovsk, Khabar. gos. tekhn. un-ta Publ., 1999. 115 p. (In Russian).
11. Denan F., Osman M. H., Saad S. The study of lateral torsional buckling behavior of beam with trapezoid web steel section by experimentally and finite element analysis. International Journal of Recent Research and Applied Studies, 2010, sci. 2(2), pp. 232-240.
12. Denan F., Shoong K. K., Hashim N. S., Ken C. W. Nonliner analysis of triangular web profile steel section under bending behavior. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, 2019, no. 9, pp. 463-472.
13. Gofrirovannye oblegchennye dvutavrovye SIN-balki. [Corrugated lightweight I-beams. Sin-beams]. Available at: http://buildingbook.ru/download/Sin-beam.pdf (accessed 20.09.2020).
14. Vardanyan G. S. Soprotivlenie materialov s osnovami teorii uprugosti i plastichnosti [Resistance of materials with the basics of the theory of elasticity and plasticity]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 1995. 568 p. (In Russian).
15. Sokolovskiy Z. N., Makeev S. A., Stepanova E. P. Numerical solution of the problem of flat bending and stretching (compression) of straight rods without restrictions on the size of displacement. Omskiy nauchnyy vestnik. Ser. Pribory, mashiny i tekhnologii, 2006, no. 4(33), pp. 120-123. (In Russian).
16. Fedorov V. V. Teoriya optimal'nogo eksperimenta [Theory of optimal experiment]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1971. 315 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Makeev S. A., Silina N. G. Technique for Refined Calculation of Corrugated Beams for General Stability. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 52-60. DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.52-60. (In Russian).