- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, AIRFIELDS, TUNNELS
- Shipping Tunnels
- UDC 624.191.22 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.34-37
Lev V. MAKOVSKY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor V. KRAVCHENKO, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University (MADI), 64, Leningradsky prospekt, Moscow 125319, Russian Federation
Abstract. The data of the world experience in design, construction and operation of navigable tunnels are analyzed. A brief historical overview of the creation of shipping tunnels from the 12th century to the present day is given. The technical characteristics of the largest tunnels built in France, England, Germany and other countries are given. The main features of the Balaklava navigable tunnel in the Crimea, intended for storage and repair of submarines, are considered. Various aspects of the design of navigable tunnels in various topographic and engineering-geological conditions are considered. Constructive solutions and methods for the construction of tunnels using mining equipment are presented. Attention was paid to the large-scale project of the world's first sea shipping tunnel developed in Norway for the one-way passage of large-capacity sea vessels. The expediency of the construction of navigable tunnels in the Russian Federation is indicated.
Key words: shipping tunnel, lining, structures, waterways.
1. Makovskiy L. V., Kravchenko V. V. Podvodnye transportnye tonneli iz opu-sknykh sektsiy [Underwater transport tunnels of the movable sections]. Moscow, Knorus Publ., 2017. 160 p. (In Russian).
2. Kruglov V.M., Kurbatskiy E. N., Golle V. R., Tomilov A. A. The Nevelskoy Strait crossing: a possible solution. Mir transporta, 2015, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 44-53. (In Russian).
3. Makovskiy V. L. Tonneli [Tunnels]. Moscow, Akademiya arkhitektury SSSR Publ., 1947. 763 p. (In Russian).
4. Volkov V. P., Naumov S. N., Pirozhkova A. N., Khrapov V. G. Tonneli i metropoliteny [Tunnels and subways]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1975. 551 p. (In Russian).
5. Pikul V. S. Sudokhodnye tonneli [Navigable tunnels]. Moscow, Ministerstvo rechnogo flota SSSR Publ., 1947. 159 p. (In Russian).
6. Available at: https://topwar.ru/1374-podzemnaya-baza-podvodnyx-lodok-v-balaklave-obekt-825.html (accessed 25.10.2020). (In Russian).
7. Available at: https://seanews.ru/2020/08/12/ru-pervyj-v-mire-morskoj-tonnel-dlja-sudov/ (accessed 25.10.2020). (In Russian).
- For citation: Makovsky L. V., Kravchenko V. V. Shipping Tunnels. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 34-37. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.34-37.