- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, AIRFIELDS, TUNNELS
- Special Feature Of Calculating The Strength Of Rigid Airfield Pavements
- UDC 625.717.2.032.3 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.30-33
Vladimir V. TATARINOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Andrey V. FOMIN, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ekaterina A. MAKAROVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University (MADI), 64, Leningradsky prospekt, Moscow 125319, Russian Federation
Abstract. Calculation of the strength of rigid airfield pavements is performed according to the limit states. The design model of the pavement is a thin plate on an elastic foundation, and the aircraft landing gear is considered as a combination of distributed load and concentrated forces. The article presents the results of the study of the influence of the parameters of the main support aircraft gear on the results of strength calculation of rigid airfield pavements. It is established that when calculating the strength of hard pavements of civil airfields, a previously unknown feature appears. It consists in the fact that the value of the pavement layer thickness can be found that theoretically satisfies the limit state, but is practically unacceptable. This feature is typical for aircraft with a six-wheeled gear, for aircraft with a four-and two-wheeled gear, this feature is not marked. Calculations of the concrete surface under the influence of the aircraft with a six-wheeled gear were performed and analyzed. As a result of the study, it was found that the existing method for calculating the strength of rigid airfield pavements has a significant drawback characteristic for aircrafts with the gear considered. The application of the current strength calculation method for such aircraft may lead to incorrect results therefore, it needs to be corrected.
Key words: rigid airfield pavement, strength calculation by limit states, bending moment, aircrafts with six-wheeled gear, concentrated force, plate on elastic base.
1. Korenev B. G., Chernigovskaya E. I. Raschet plit na uprugom osnovanii [Calculation of plates on an elastic base]. Moscow, Gosstroiizdat Publ., 1962. 356 p. (In Russian).
2. Korenev B. G. Zadachi teorii teploprovodnosti i termouprugosti. Resheniya v besselevykh funktsiyakh [Problems of the theory of thermal conductivity and thermoelasticity. Solutions in Bessel functions]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1980. 400 p. (In Russian).
3. Tatarinov V. V., Fomin A. V. Calculation of deflections of the airfield pavement plate taking into account the size of the aircraft footprint. Avtomobil'. Doroga. Infrastruktura, 2017, no. 4(14), p. 4. (In Russian).
4. Gavrilov V. S., Denisova N. A., Kalinin A. V. Funktsii Besselya v zadachakh matematicheskoi fiziki [Bessel functions in mathematical physics problems]. Nizhnii Novgorod, Nizhegorodskiy gosuniversitet Publ., 2014, 40 p. (In Russian).
5. Tatarinov V. V., Makarova E. A. Rigid airfield pavement design. Science Journal of Transportation, no. 6, 2015, pp. 45-47.
6. Tatarinov V. V., Khieu Van Nguen. Estimation of the coefficient of dynamism of the airfield coverage of Cam Ranh airport (Vietnam). Vestnik Moskovskogo avtomobil'no-dorozhnogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta (MADI), 2016, no. 3(46), pp. 98-103. (In Russian).
7. Sadovoi V. D. Differentsial'noe uravnenie Besselya [Bessel's differential equation]. Moscow, MADI, 2019. 100 p. (In Russian).
8. Timoshenko S. P., Voinovskii-Kriger S. Plastinki obolochki [Shell plates]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1966, 636 p. (In Russian).
9. Goloskokov D. P. Uravneniya matematicheskoy fiziki. Reshenie zadach v sisteme Maple [Equations of mathematical physics. The decision in Maple system tasks]. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2004. 539 p. (In Russian).
10. Semyonov A. S., Yakushev I. A., Egorov A. N. Mathematical modeling of technical systems in the MATLAB environment. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii, 2017, no. 8, pp. 56-64. (In Russian).
- For citation: Tatarinov V. V., Fomin A. V., Makarova E. A. Special Feature of Calculating the Strength of Rigid Airfield Pavements. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 30-33. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.30-33.