- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, AIRFIELDS, TUNNELS
- On The Processes Of Destruction Of Expansion Joints Of Cement Concrete Road Surfaces
- UDC 624.078.32:625.848 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.17-22
Andrei А. FOTIADI1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sergey S. MORDVIN1, e-mail: Moremail@example.com
Svetlana A. GNEZDILOVA2, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yuri V. SELEZNEV1, e-mail: email@example.com
1 Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University (MADI), 64, Leningradsky prospekt, Moscow 125319, Russian Federation
2 Belgorod State Technological University named after V. G. Shukhov, 46 Kostyukov ul., Belgorod 308012, Russian Federation
Abstract. A special feature of cement-concrete pavement of automobile roads is the presence of transverse and longitudinal joints which are necessary for the possibility of deformation of the pavement without its destruction during service life. These joints serve as a potential zone of destruction not only of the coating, but also of all layers of road pavement. Transverse joints have a greater impact on the convenience and comfort of passengers. Over time, during service life, various damages appear on the concrete pavement, one of which is the destruction of the edges of the expansion joints. The article discusses the causes and physical processes that lead to the destruction of transverse and expansion joints of compression. The technological reasons and errors made during construction works that lead to premature destruction of joints depending on their operation conditions are analyzed in detail. Based on the material presented in the article and experimental data obtained during field surveys of cement-concrete pavements of automobile roads, it is proposed to create a mathematical model for forecasting the destruction process of expansion joints of compression joints in time.
Key words: cement-concrete pavement, compression joints, destruction of joints, ledges.
1. Nosov V., Fotiadi A. Improving the technology of cutting joints in the construction and repair of cement concrete pavements. Stroitel'naja tehnika i tehnologii, 2011, no. 8(84), pp. 64-71. (In Russian).
2. Zotkin A. G. Concrete and concrete structures [Beton i betonnye konstrukcii]. Rostov-on-Don, Phenix Publ., 2012. 335 p. (In Russian).
3. Guide for mechanistic-empirical design of new and rehabilitated pavement structures [Руководство по механико-эмпирическому проектированию новых и восстановленных конструкций дорожной одежды]. Illinois, 2003. 97 p.
4. Morosiuk G. HDM-4. Modelling road deterioration and works effects [Моделирование последствий износа дорог и работ]. Designer's Guide. Birmingham, 2001. 306 p.
5. Nosov V. P. Cementobetonnye pokrytija avtomobil'nyh dorog. Prognozirovanie povrezhdenij na osnove matematicheskogo modelirovanija [Cement-concrete road surfaces. Damage prediction based on mathematical modeling]. Moscow, MADI Publ., 2013. 230 p. (In Russian).
6. Radovsky B. C. Cement concrete pavement in the United States: the construction of the road. Avtomobilnye dorogi, 2015, no. 2, pp. 10-26. (In Russian).
7. Nosov V., Dobrov E., Chistyakov I., Borisiuk N., Fotiadi A. Mathematical modelling of cracking process in concrete pavement highways [Математическое моделирование процесса растрескивания бетонных покрытий автомобильных дорог]. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2017, vol. 12, no. 23, pp. 13158-13164.
8. Fotiadi А., Gnezdilova S., Strekha I. Remote method for predicting damage to cement concrete pavements [Дистанционный способ прогнозирования повреждений цементобетонных покрытий]. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, 2020, no. 95, pp. 333-339.
- For citation: Fotiadi A. А., Mordvin S. S., Gnezdilova S. A., Seleznev Yu. V. On the Processes of Destruction of Expansion Joints of Cement Concrete Road Surfaces. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 17-22. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.17-22.