- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, AIRFIELDS, TUNNELS
- Influence Of Asphalt Granulate On Emissions Of Pollutants When Producing Asphalt Concrete Mixtures
- UDC 625.855.3-026.772:504.61 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.12-16
Andrey P. LUPANOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kapotnya, ul. Verkhnye Polya, 54, str. 1, Moscow 109429, Russian Federation
Nikolay V. GLADYSHEV, e-mail: email@example.com, Aleksey S. SUKHANOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorexpert, ul. Verkhnye Polya, 54, Moscow 109429, Russian Federation
Viacheslav V. SILKIN, e-mail: email@example.com, Victoria V. RUDAKOVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University (MADI), 64, Leningradsky prospekt, Moscow 125319, Russian Federation
Abstract. This article presents the results of a study evaluating the effect of asphalt granulate and surfactant additives on emissions and the composition of pollutants in the production of asphalt-concrete mixtures. The technology of asphalt concrete reuse when preparing hot asphalt mixes at asphalt concrete plants is increasingly being used now in Russia and abroad. The presented technology makes it possible to recycle all the milled old asphalt concrete, to save energy and material resources. Quantitative data on the volume and on the composition of emissions of pollutants when preparing asphalt-concrete mixtures with the addition of asphalt granulate were obtained. The use of asphalt granulate can significantly reduce the cost of mixtures by saving transport costs, energy costs, mineral and binding materials. In order to assess the effect of various additives of surfactants on the volume of emissions generated during the preparation of warm mixtures with the addition of asphalt granulate, studies were performed under laboratory and production conditions. It is shown that the introduction of additives that reduce the temperature of preparation of asphalt concrete mixtures makes it possible to reduce the negative impact of asphalt granulate on emissions of pollutants, ensuring their reduction.
Key words: asphalt mixing plant, asphalt granulate, pollutant emissions, surfactant additives, asphalt concrete mixture.
1. Silkin V. V., Lupanov A. P. Ohrana okruzhayushchej sredy pri proektirovanii, stroitel'stve i ekspluatacii proizvodstvennyh predpriyatij dorozhnogo hozyajstva [Environmental protection in the design, construction and operation of industrial enterprises of the road sector]. Moscow, Ekon-Inform Publ., 2017. 317 p. (In Russian).
2. Lupanov A. P., Silkin V. V., Rudakova V. V., et al. Recycling of old asphalt concrete at ABZ. Transportnoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 9, pp. 8-11. (In Russian).
3. Krupin N. V. Warm asphalt concrete and RAP today. Avtomobil'nye dorogi, 2018, no. 10, pp. 45-47. (In Russian).
4. Alshahvan A., Kalgin A. Yu. Alshakhvan A., Kalugin A. Yu. Advantages of using technologies of warm asphalt concrete mixes in comparison with other technologies of asphalt concrete mixes. Vysokie tekhnologii v stroitel'nom komplekse, 2019, no. 2, pp. 19-25. (In Russian).
5. Smirnov D. S., Eredneva V. E., Lobanova A. S. Analysis of the experience of using warm asphalt concrete mixes. Izvestiya KGASU, 2019, no. 4(50), pp. 455-465. (In Russian).
6. Vest R. C. Advantages of technological processes that combine regenerated asphalt pavement (RAP) and warm asphalt mixes (TAS) in road surfaces. Tekhnicheskij vestnik dorozhnogo hozyajstva, 2013, no. 4, pp. 43-55. (In Russian).
7. ODM 218.2.042-2014. Teplye smesi. Rekomendacii po primeneniyu [Warm mixes. Recommendations for use]. Moscow, Informavtodor Publ., 2013. 20 p. (In Russian).
8. EAPA - Asphalt in figures. European Asphalt Pavement Association, 2018. 13 p.
9. Bennet T., Reinke G., Mogawer W., Mooney K. Assesment of workability, compactability of warm mix asphalt. Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, 2010, no. 10, pp. 36-47.
10. Trautvain A. I., Yazykina V. V., Zemlyakova D. V. The effect of the addition of EVOTHERM, Azol 1007 and Adesol 3-TD on properties of bitumen. Dorogi i mosty, 2014, no. 1, pp. 225-238. (In Russian).
- For citation: Lupanov A. P., Gladyshev N. V., Sukhanov A. S., Silkin V. V., Rudakova V. V. Influence of Asphalt Granulate on Emissions of Pollutants when Producing Asphalt Concrete Mixtures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 12-16. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.12-16.