- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS, AIRFIELDS, TUNNELS
- Development Of The Theory And Practice Of Asphalt Concrete Application In Road Construction
- UDC 625.85:378:001.891 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.07-11
Yuriy E. VASILYEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eduard V. KOTLYARSKIY, e-mail:email@example.com
Vladimir I. KOCHNEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University (MADI), 64, Leningradsky prospekt, Moscow 125319, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article describes the development of Russian scientific schools in the field of road construction materials, as well as the analysis of regulatory documents about organic binders. The main attention is paid to the activities of the Department of road construction materials technology of the Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Institute, which is 90 years old since its foundation, and the contribution of the Department's scientists to the development of road asphalt concrete technologies. Here, methods for testing asphalt binder for strength, water resistance, and plasticity were developed; a method for designing the composition of asphalt concrete was created; research direction for the creation of the technology of compounded bitumens and regulation of their properties was organized; the technique of definition of optimum quantity of bitumen on bimumamata was proposed; methods for the assessment of structural-mechanical properties of materials based on organic binders, etc was created. Thanks to the development of scientific schools of the Department, knowledge of asphalt concrete are constantly replenished, new devices and equipment, new approaches and techniques that make it possible to to predict reasonably the reliability and durability of this material appear.
Key words: road construction, asphalt concrete, asphalt binder, compounded bitumens, organic binders.
1. Ivanov N. N. Stroitel'stvo avtomobil'nyh dorog [Construction of highways]. Ch. 2. Postrojka dorozhnyh odezhd [Part 2. The construction of road pavements]. Moscow, Avtotransizdat Publ., 1957. 338 p. (In Russian).
2. Ivanov N. N. et al. Dorozhnyj asfal'tobeton [Road asphalt concrete]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1976. 336 p. (In Russian).
3. Gorelyshev N. V. Issledovanie asfal'tobetona karkasnoj struktury i ego ekspluatacionnyh svojstv v dorozhnyh odezhdah [Research of asphalt concrete frame structure and its operational properties in road clothes]. Moscow, MADI Publ., 1978. 444 p. (In Russian).
4. Rebinder P. A. Poverhnostnye yavleniya v dispersnyh sistemah. Fiziko-himicheskaya mekhanika. Izbrannye trudy [Surface phenomena in dispersed systems. Physical and chemical mechanics. Selected works]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1979. 84 p. (In Russian).
5. Ur'ev N. B. Vysokoncentrirovannye dispersnye sistemy [Highly concentrated dispersed systems]. Moscow, Himiya Publ., 1980. 319 p. (In Russian).
6. Volkov M. I., Shtaub K. I., Gel'mer V. O. Dorozhnye stroitel'nye materialy [Road construction materials]. Moscow, Leningrad, Narkomhoz RSFSR Publ., 1939. 584 p.
7. Korolev I. V. Dorozhnyj teplyj asfal'tobeton [Road warm asphalt concrete]. Kiev, Vishcha shkola Publ., 1975. 155 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Vasilyev Yu. E., Kotlyarskiy E. V., Kochnev V. I. Development of the Theory and Practice of Asphalt Concrete Application in Road Construction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 12, pp. 7-11. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.12.07-11.