- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Refinement Of Calculation Methods For Structures Made Of Thin-Walled Cold-Formed Steel Profiles
- UDC 624.014.2-41 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.65-76
Vadim V. KOSENKOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexey V. SHURINOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The main features of calculation of light steel thin-walled structures are presented. The refinements of some formulas of the Code of Rules "Cold-formed thin-walled steel profile and galvanized corrugated plate constructions. Design rules", performed by the authors of the article when developing a guide to the above set of rules and are important when taking into account the features of light steel thin-walled structures are proposed. The formulas for calculating the effective areas of the longitudinal stiffness elements of profiles are refined to take into account the difference in the stress level between the most compressed parts of sections and the stiffness elements. They also make it possible to take into account the actual values of stresses in the cross sections of profiles. The formulas for calculating the reduced thickness of stiffening elements depending on the stress level in them are presented. The refinement to the formula for calculating the conditional flexibility of centrally compressed profiles with a flat form of loss of stability is proposed. The formula is proposed that takes into account the effect of slotted perforation in the wall of the thermal profile on the reduction of its shelves. It was found that the reduction of compressed shelves increases, while the load-bearing capacity of the profiles decreases. It is shown that the general expression of the formula for determining the critical stress of loss of stability of a plate with a slotted perforation similar to that of the plate without perforation, and the influence of the latter on the value of critical stress is taken into account when finding the coefficient of boundary conditions and the nature of stresses. The considered refinements are recommended for discussion during the revision of the Code of Rules "Cold-formed thin-walled steel profile and galvanized corrugated plate constructions. Design rules".
Key words: light steel thin-walled structures, refinement of calculation methods, thin-walled cold-formed profiles, reduction, stability, conditional flexibility, central compression, stiffness element, corrugated profile, thermal profile, perforation.
1. Pavlov A.B., Ayrumyan E. L., Kamynin S. V., Kamenshchikov N. I. Fast erection of low-rise residential buildings making use of light-weight steel thin-walled structures. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitelstvo, 2006, no. 9, pp. 51-53. (In Russian).
2. Nikitina A. V. Prefabricated buildings made of light steel thin-walled structures (LSTC). Sovremennyye tendentsii razvitiya nauki i tekhnologiy, 2017, no. 3-2, pp. 123-126. (In Russian).
3. Nefedov G. V. Stroitel'stvo domov sredney etazhnosti na karkasakh iz legkikh stal'nykh konstruktsiy [Construction of medium-storey residential buildings on frames of light steel thin-walled structures]. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitelstvo, 2020, no. 7, pp. 10-15. DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.07.10-15. (In Russian).
4. Liplenko M. A., Ayrumyan E. L. Peculiarities of operation of frameless arch roofs from steel cold-formed sections. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitelstvo, 2011, no. 6, pp. 42-44. (I Russian).
5. Sidorov Ye. V. Perspective of LSTC application in the far North. Novaya nauka: istoriya stanovleniya, sovremennoye sostoyaniye, perspektivy razvitiya sbornik statey mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [New science: history of formation, current state, prospects of development : collection of articles of the international journal scientific-practical conf. (Perm, April 8, 2017)]. Ufa, OMEGA SAYNS Publ., 2017, pp. 68-70. (In Russian).
6. Liplenko M. A., Kunin Yu. S. Experimental study of the mechanical properties of cold-formed steel profiles of frameless buildings. Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2016, no. 4 (82), pp. 47-52. (In Russian).
7. Goritskiy V. M., Silina N. G., Shneyderov G. R. Characteristics of the resistance to brittle fracture of the elements of light steel thin-walled structures determined on samples with a sharp notch groove. Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2020, no. 3 (86), pp. 55-60. (In Russian).
8. Nazmeeva T. V., Sivokhin A. D. Stress-strain state of attachment point of curtain frame wall with cladding on the basis of steel cold-bent profile. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 10, pp. 41-45. (In Russian).
9. Zebelyan Z. H. The basis for calculating perforated plate elements of thermo-profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 2, pp. 17-23. (In Russian).
10. Belyi G. I. Behavior Features of Rod Elements of Constructions from Galvanized Bent Profiles. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2012, no. 3 (32), pp. 99-103. (In Russian).
11. Reshetnikov A. A., Kornet V. Y., Leonova D. A. Comparative analysis of the methods for calculating thin-walled steel beams of the C-Shaped profile according to domestic and foreign standards. Inzhenernyj vestnik Dona, 2018, no. 1 (48), pp. 174. (In Russian).
12. Sovetnikov D., Azarov A., Ivanov S., Rybakov V. Methods of calculation of thin-walled bars: statics, dynamics and stability. Alfabuild, 2018, no 2 (4), pp. 7-33. (In Russian).
13. Nazmeyeva T. V. Nesushchaya sposobnost szhatykh stoyek iz stalnogo kholodnognutogo prosechnogo S-profilya [Load-bearing capacity of compressed racks made of cold-formed steel S-profile]. Dis. St. Petersburg, 2016. 184 p. Available at: https://www.dissercat.com/content/nesushchaya-sposobnost-szhatykh-stoek-iz-stalnogo-kholodnognutogo-prosechnogo-s-profilya (accessed 17.08.2020). (In Russian).
14. Nazmeyeva T. V. Bearing capacity of compressed continuous and perforated thin-walled steel members of C-shapedcold-formed profiles. Inzhenerno-stroitelnyy zhurnal, 2013, no. 5, pp. 44-54. (In Russian).
15. Lednev V. V. Avarii v stroitel'stve [Accidents in construction]. Vol. 1. Prichiny avariy zdaniy i sooruzheniy [Causes of accidents in buildings and structures]. Tambov, TGTU Publ., 2014. 209 p. (In Russian).
16. Rules for member stability in EN 1993-1-1. Background documentation and design guidelines. European convention for constructional steelwork, ECCS Technical Committee 8 - Stability. 2006. No. 119. 259 p.
17. Rukovodstvo dlya proektirovshchikov k Evrokodu 3: Proektirovanie stal'nykh konstruktsiy EN 1993-1-1, 1993-1-3, 1993-1-8 [Designers ' guide to Eurocode 3: design of steel structures EN 1993-1-1, 1993-1-3, 1993-1-8]. Moscow, 2012. 224 p. (In Russian).
18. Tuyev D. S., Umnova O. V. Effect of local loss of stability on the bearing capacity of the LSTC profile. Novyye informatsionnyye tekhnologii v nauke. Sbornik statey mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [New information technologies in science : collection of articles Intern. scientific-practical Conf. (Ufa, November 28, 2016)]. Ufa, OMEGA SAYNS Publ., 2016, pp. 177-184. (In Russian).
19. Belyi G. I. About calculation of reduced crosssections of bar elements of light weight thin-walled cold formed steel structures. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2017, no. 5 (64), pp. 33-37. DOI 10.23968/1999-5571-2017-14-5-33-37. (In Russian).
20. Belyi G. I. Calculation of the strength of bar structural elements of light weight thin-walled steel structures under polyvalent loading. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2019, no. 4 (75), pp. 13-17. DOI 10.23968/1999-5571-2019-16-4-13-17. (In Russian).
21. Belyi G. I. Development of methods for calculating rod elements of steel structures under multi-parameter loading. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2020, no. 3 (80), pp. 43-54. DOI 10.23968/1999-5571-2020-17-3-43-54. (In Russian).
22. Belyi G. I. Analytical-numerical method for calculating the stability of rod elements of lightweight steel structures. Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2020, no. 4 (81), pp. 39-46. DOI 10.23968/1999-5571-2020-17-4-39-46. (In Russian).
23. Bezborodov E. L. Influence of perforation on the thermal characteristics of "thermoprofiles" of light steel thin-walled structures (LSTC). Innovatsii i investitsii, 2019, no 2, pp. 191-194.
- For citation: Kosenkov V. V., Shurinov A. V. Refinement of Calculation Methods for Structures Made of Thin-Walled Cold-Formed Steel Profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 65-76. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.65-76.