- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Elements Of A Welded I-Section With A Corrugated Wall - An Updated Section Of The Set Of Rules "Steel Structures. Design Rules"
- UDC 624.046 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.48-54
Natalia G. SILINA1, e-mail: email@example.com
Ekaterina A. PONUROVA1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Larisa V. KRASOTINA2, e-mail: email@example.com
1 Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
2 Siberian Automobile and Highway Universitety ("SibADI"), prospect Mira, 5, Omsk 644080, Russian Federation
Abstract. Currently, in the world practice of construction, one of the actively developing directions is the use of light steel thin-walled spatial structures in the structures of various buildings and structures. These include welded I-beams with corrugated walls of various types. In the design of buildings and structures, elements of a welded I-section with a corrugated wall are widely used as beams, columns, frames, arches, etc. Direction for the use of elements of a welded I-section with a corrugated wall in the structures of buildings and structures requires further development. When developing amendment no. 2 to "Steel structures. Design rules", Section 20.6 "Elements of a welded I-section with a corrugated wall" was supplemented with the rules for calculating building structures from welded I-beams with a transverse corrugated wall with a triangular corrugation. For more than 40 years, such structures have been used in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The work used the official regulatory documents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the author of which actively participated in the development of the draft Amendment ¹. 2 to Russian standard. The section provides recommendations on the choice of steel, calculation and design of structural elements from welded I-beams with a transversely corrugated wall with a sinusoidal and triangular corrugation.
Key words: steel structures, I-beams with a cross-corrugated wall, bearing capacity, stability, calculation, corrugated sheet, sinusoidal and triangular corrugation, cross-corrugated wall.
1. Proektirovanie metallicheskikh konstruktsiy [Design of metal structures]. Pod red. V. V. Biryuleva. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1990. 432 p. (In Russian).
2. Dmitrieva T. L., Ulambayar Kh. The use of beams with corrugated walls in modern design. Izvestiya vuzov. Investitsii. Stroitel'stvo. Nedvizhimost', 2015, no. 4(15), pp. 132-139. (In Russian).
3. Maksimov Yu. S., Ostrikov G. M. Steel beams with a thin corrugated wall - an effective type of load-bearing structures for industrial buildings. Promyshlennoe stroitel'stvo, 1984, no. 4, pp. 10-11. (In Russian).
4. Bryantsev A. A., Absimetov V. E., Lalin V. V. Efficiency of using I-beams with corrugated walls in industrial buildings. Stroitel'stvo unikal'nykh zdaniy i sooruzheniy, 2017, no. 3(54), pp. 93-104. (In Russian).
5. Ostrikov G. M., Maksimov Yu. S. Stal'nye seysmostoykie karkasy mnogoetazhnykh zdaniy [Steel earthquake-resistant frames of multi-storey buildings]. Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan Publ., 1985. 117 p. (In Russian).
6. Maksimov Yu. S., Ostrikov G. M., Dolinskiy V. V. Stability of corrugated walls of I-beams. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 1985, no. 6, pp. 43-45. (In Russian).
7. Pasternak H., Kubieniec G. Rlate girders with corrugated webs. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 2010, no. 16(2), pp. 166-171.
8. Tishkov N. L., Stepanenko A. N., Shipelev I. L., Ustimenko M. B. Improving the design of a steel I-beam with a thin cross-corrugated wall. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo arkhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta, 2020, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 104-111. (In Russian).
9. Stepanenko A. N. Stal'nye dvutavrovye sterzhni s volnistoy stenkoy [Steel I-beam rods with a wavy wall]. Khabarovsk, Khabarovsky gos. tekhn. un-t Publ., 1999. 115 p. (In Russian).
10. Ostrikov G. M., Maksimov Yu. S., Dolinskiy V. V. Study of the load-bearing capacity of steel I-beams with a vertically corrugated wall. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 1983, no. 1, pp. 68-70. (In Russian).
11. Grachev V. A., Mruts E. S. Search for optimal orientation of the corrugation of the composite wall of an I-beam. Traditsii i innovatsii v stroitel'stve i arkhitekture. Stroitel'stvo [Traditions and innovations in construction and architecture. Construction]. Sb. statey. Samara, Samarskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet Publ., 2019, pp. 50-55. (In Russian).
12. Kudryavtsev S. V. Raschet dvutavrovoy balki s gofrirovannoy stenkoy na izgib v svoey ploskosti pod deystviem staticheskikh nagruzok. Ch. 2: Raschet metodom konechnykh elementov [Calculation of an I-beam with a corrugated wall for bending in its plane under the influence of static loads. part 2: calculation by the finite element method]. Dep. v VINITI 20.07.2007, no. 750-V2007. Ekaterinburg, UPI Publ., 2007. 11 p. (In Russian).
13. Pasternak H., Bartholomé S. Girders with profiled and structured web - ongoing research. Part 1, 2. Brandenburg University of Technology, Cottbus, Germany.
14. Pasternak H., Robra J., Kubieniec G. Plate girders with corrugated webs. "Stability and Ductility of Structures" Baltic Session of the International Colloquium. Vilnius (Litauen), 2009.
15. Denan F., Osman M. H., Saad S. The study of lateral torsional buckling behavior of beam with trapezoid web steel section by experimentally and finite element analysis. Int. J. Res. Rev.Appl., 2010, sci. 2(2), p. 232.
16. Lira-SAPR. Verifikatsionnyy otchet [Lira-CAD. Verification report]. Moscow, 2015, vol. 1, 51 p. (In Russian).
17. De'nan F., Shoong K. K., Hashim N. S., Ken C. W. Nonliner analysis of triangular web profile steel section under bending behavior. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, 2019, no. 9, p. 463-472.
18. SNiP RK 5.04-23-2002 "Stal'nye konstruktsii. Normy proektirovaniya" [Steel structure. Design standards]. (In Russian).
- For citation: Silina N. G., Ponurova E. A., Krasotina L. V. Elements of a Welded I-Section with a Corrugated Wall - an Updated Section of the Set of Rules "Steel Structures. Design Rules". Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 48-54. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.48-54.