- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- On The Need To Take Into Account The Anisotropy Of Impact Toughness In Engineering Practice
- UDC 621.789.14 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.39-47
Vitaliy M. GORITSKIY, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgy R. SHNEYDEROV, e-mail: email@example.com
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article deals with the influence of the chemical composition and structural factors (pearlite, inclusions of various compositions) on the anisotropy coefficient of the impact toughness, determined by the ratio of the impact toughness along the rolled product to the impact toughness across the rolled products. The relationship of values of this coefficient with the appearance of the fraction of the viscous component the on the dependence of impact strength across the rolled product in the fracture, fracture, indicating the action of the first stage of low-energy mechanism of destruction of a shift in the area of the incision was investigated. The features of microcrack formation in the zone of influence of the welded joint are considered in detail. Using the criteria of the critical brittleness temperature, the results of the influence of the impact anisotropy coefficient on the degree of embrittlement of transverse samples relative to longitudinal ones are presented. Structural factors that determine the degree of embrittlement of structural steels after controlled rolling and thermomechanical processing are indicated. A classification of structural steels according to the level of isotropy of their impact strength is proposed, which provides conditions for improving the mechanical safety of welded structures.
Key words: sheet products, impact toughness anisotropy coefficient, critical brittleness temperature, non-metallic inclusions, ferrite-pearlite steels, high-strength steels, structure.
1. Goli-Oglu E. A., Efron L. I., Morozov Yu. D. Improving the efficiency of thermomechanical processing of microalloyed tube steels. Stal', 2013, no. 2, pp. 52-57. (In Russian).
2. Mishet'yan A. R., Shabalov I. P., Chevskaya O. N., Filippov G. A. Influence of the structural state and temperature on the resistance to the origin and propagation of cracks in pipe steels. Metallurg, 2017, no. 12, p. 43. (In Russian).
3. Schastlivcev V. M., Yakovleva I. L., Tereshchenko N. A., at el. Features of the chemical composition and structure of low-carbon low-alloy pipe steels after controlled rolling. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2008, no. 5 (635), pp. 3-8. (In Russian).
4. Efron L. I. Metallovedenie v "bol'shoj" metallurgii. Trubnye stali [Metal science in the "large" metallurgy. Pipe steels]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 2012. 696 p. (In Russian).
5. Goli-Oglu E. A., Efron L. I., Morozov Yu. D. Influence of deformation modes at the main stages of controlled rolling on the pipe steel microstructure. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2013, no. 6 (696), pp. 9-13. (In Russian).
6. Arabej A. B. Development of technical requirements for pipe metal of major pipelines. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya, 2010, no. 7, pp. 3-10. (In Russian).
7. Farber V. M., Arabej A. B., Pyshmincev I. Yu., Hotinov V. A. Fractographic criterion of crack resistance of pipes of the X80 strength group. Proizvodstvo prokata, 2011, no. 3, pp. 7-11. (In Russian).
8. Gladshtejn L. I., Odesskij P. D., Vedyakov I. I. Sloistoe razrushenie stalej i svarnyh soedinenij [Layered destruction of steels and welded joints]. Moscow, Intermet Inzhiniring Publ., 2009. 256 p. (In Russian).
9. Manueci G., Domofunti G. Control of ductile fracture propagation in X80 gas linepipe. Int. Pipeline Tech. Conf. Beijing, 2010, pp. 86-115.
10. Farber V. M., Hotinov V. A., Morozova A. N., Martin T. Stratifications and their contribution to the impact strength of steels of strength class K65 (X80). Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2015, no. 8 (722), pp. 39-44. (In Russian).
11. Inoue T., Yin F., Kimura Y. Delamination effect in impact properties of ultrafine-grained low-carbon steel processed by warm caliber rolling. Met. Trans. A, 2010, vol. 41A, pp. 341-355. (In Russian).
12. Glebov A. G., Shtremel' M. A., Kosyrev K. L. Influence of impurities on the toughness of heavy-gauge steel. Stal', 2004, no. 5, pp. 95-97. (In Russian).
13. Goritskiy V. M., Lushkin M. A., Goritskiy O. V., Shnejderov G. R. Influence of structural factors on the anisotropy of impact strength of sheet rolled products made of ferrite-perlite steels. Deformaciya i razrushenie materialov, 2014, no. 8, pp. 16-21. (In Russian).
14. Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Guseva I. A. Influence of chemical composition and structure on mechanical properties of low-alloy welded steels after thermomechanical rolling. Metallurg, 2016, no. 5, pp. 49-55. (In Russian).
15. Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Guseva I. A. Influence of chemical composition and structure on mechanical properties of high-strength welded steels. Metallurg, 2019, no. 1, pp. 18-24. (In Russian).
16. Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Guseva I. A. Investigation of the anisotropy of impact strength and the tendency to stratification of Strenx 650 MC and 700 MC steels after thermomechanical rolling. Metallurg, 2018, no. 8, pp. 29-38. (In Russian).
17. Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Goritskiy O. V. Influence of impact anisotropy on the characteristics of brittle fracture resistance of high-strength steels subjected to thermomechanical rolling. Metallurg, 2020, no. 5, pp. 42-49. (In Russian).
18. EN 10025-4:2004. Hot rolled of structural Steel. Part 4: Technical delivery condions for thermomechanical rolled weldable fine grain structural steels. Brussels Management Contre. 48 p.
19. EN 10025-6:2004. Hot rolled products of structural Steels. Part 6: technical delivery conditions for flat products of high yield strength structural steels in the quenched and tempered condition. Brussels Management Contre. 24 p.
20. Goritskiy V. M., Gladshtejn L. I., Shneyderov G. R., Durneva A. A. Influence of the thermal welding cycle on the components of impact strength of various zones of welded joints of 10G2SB and 10G2SFB steels. Svarochnoe proizvodstvo, 2016, no. 6, pp. 3-7. (In Russian).
21. Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Durneva A. A. Investigation of the causes and mechanisms of destruction of the main pipeline section made of steel 17G1S. Deformaciya i razrushenie materialov, 2019, no. 4, pp. 32-39. (In Russian).
22. Goritskiy V. M., Indenbaum A. I., Chernyshev V. V. Requirements for crane construction steels. Bezopasnost' truda v promyshlennosti, 2014, no. 2, pp. 58-61. (In Russian).
- For citation: Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R. On the Need to Take into Account the Anisotropy of Impact Toughness in Engineering Practice. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 39-47. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.39-47.