- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Forecasting The Service Life Of Galvanized Fasteners In Water Supply Pits
- UDC 620.193:669.14-413 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.31-38
Nikolay I. SOTSKOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, Arkhitektora Vlasova ul., 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Olga A. MENSHIKOVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Mosvodokanal, Pleteshkovskiy per., 2, Moscow 105005, Russian Federation
Abstract. The results of the study of various types of fasteners with thermal diffusion zinc coating depending on the installation locations and operating conditions in water supply pits in Moscow are presented. Domestic and international experience in the use of various types of fasteners and anticorrosive coatings on water utilities is analyzed. Generalization of the results of research, accelerated tests, and also analysis of literature sources made it possible to develop a mathematical model describing the corrosion of fasteners made of carbon steel with a thermo-diffusion zinc coating. To develop recommendations for the use of various types of fasteners, depending on the installation sites and operating conditions in water supply pits, it is necessary to determine the rate of corrosion of fasteners after two years of operational tests, the retardation of corrosion of fasteners due to additional treatment of protruding parts of fasteners with special lubricants after their installation, as well as the effect of contact corrosion. The research conducted made it possible to develop a methodology for predicting the service life of new types of fasteners, depending on the installation locations and operating conditions.
Key words: method for durability prediction, thermo-diffusion zinc coating, fasteners, aggressive environment, water supply pits, industrial environment, corrosion rate.
1. Kozlov M. N., Men'shchikova O. A., Domozhakov D. A. et al. Sravnitel'nye ispytaniya korrozionnostoykikh krepezhnykh izdeliy dlya vodoprovodnoy seti [Comparative tests of corrosion-resistant fasteners for the water main]. Moscow, Ekvatek Publ., 2010. (In Russian).
2. Sotskov N. I. Thermodiffusion galvanizing is an effective method of anticorrosive protection of high - strength fasteners. Control method. Chernaya metallurgiya, 2019, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 1066-1076. (In Russian).
3. Kabanov E. B., Lebedev O. S. Choosing the optimal thickness of the diffusion zinc coating for fasteners. Metizy, 2003, no. 2(03), pp. 51-53. (In Russian).
4. Zhukov. B. M., Sotskov N. I. Investigation of lightning protection cables corrosion and prediction of their service life. Materialy seminara "Sovremennoe sostoyanie voprosov ekspluatatsii, proektirovaniya i stroitel'stva VL (MES-4)" [Current state of operation, design and construction of overhead lines (MES-4)]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 2009, pp. 535-541. (In Russian).
5. Perelygin Yu. P., Los' I. S., Kireev S. Yu. Korroziya i zashchita metallov ot korrozii [Corrosion and protection of metals from corrosion]. Penza, PGU Publ., 2015. 88 p. (In Russian).
6. Kablov E. N., Startsev O. V., Medvedev I. L. Review of foreign experience in corrosion research and corrosion protection products. Aviatsionnye materialy i tekhnologii, 2015, no. 2, pp. 76-87. (In Russian).
7. Vodnyy sektor v Germanii. Metody i opyt [Water sector in Germany. Methods and experience]. Universität Witten/Herdecke, 2001. 151 p. (In Russian).
8. Shvydkaya A. V. Study of metal corrosion. Start v nauke, 2020, no. 1, p. 26. (In Russian).
9. Mikhaylovskiy Yu. N. Korroziya metallov [Corrosion of metals]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1976. 325 p. (In Russian).
10. Mikhaylovskiy Yu. N., Klark G. B., Shuvakhina L. A. et al. Calculation of the rate of atmospheric corrosion of zinc and cadmium coatings in various climatic zones by meteorological parameters. Zashchita metallov, 1971, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 534-539. (In Russian).11. Tomashov N. D. Korroziya i zashchita metallov [Corrosion and protection of metals]. Moscow, Chernaya i tsvetnaya metallurgiya Publ., 1962. 320 p. (In Russian).
12. Mikhaylovskiy Yu. N. Atmosfernaya korroziya metallov i metody zashchity [Atmospheric corrosion of metals and methods of protection]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1989. 103 p. (In Russian).
13. Anastasiev P. I., Kolyada A. V., Proektor E. G. Zashchita liniy elektroperedachi ot korrozii i zagryaznennosti atmosfery [Protection of power lines from corrosion and atmospheric pollution]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1983. 168 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Sotskov N. I., Menshikova O. A. Forecasting the Service Life of Galvanized Fasteners in Water Supply Pits. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 31-38. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.31-38.