- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Properties Of Hollow Profiles Obtained By Rolling Of Sheet Rolled Product
- UDC 669.14-42:621.771 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.23-30
Vitaliy M. GORITSKIY, e-mail: email@example.com
Georgy R. SHNEYDEROV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrey M. KULEMIN, e-mail: email@example.com
Anastasia A. DURNEVA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The mechanical properties of three bent-welded hollow profiles of square cross-section made directly from a sheet, bypassing the stage of forming a round tube, have been studied. The degree of steel embrittlement in the bending angles was studied using the methods of full-scale samples (according to domestic standards) cut from the bending places, and hardness testing of the bending places. The assessment of the degree of metal embrittlement in the places of bending was carried out using the critical brittleness temperatures. The influence of the structure (ferrite grain size, pearlite fraction) and chemical composition (carbon, sulfur and phosphorus content) of the profile metal on the fracture characteristics (impact strength, critical brittlenes temperature) is considered. An assessment of the influence of the thickness of rolled products on the change in the stiffness of the stress-strain state in the fracture zone and, accordingly, on the change in the critical temperatures of brittleness of the studied steels. The mechanical characteristics of the longitudinal welds of the investigated profiles are presented. The conditions for the application of bent-welded profiles made of low-carbon steels in the field of êóâãñóâ and low operating temperatures are formulated. The purpose of this work was to study the influence of a new method for forming square-section bent-welded profiles on the performance properties of welded profiles.
Key words: bent-welded profiles, low-carbon steel, profile bending points, cold resistance, impact strength, structure.
1. Belyaev V. F., Gladshtein L. I., Artikov G. A. The choice of design resistances of steel closed bent-welded profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1995, no. 5, pp. 30-32. (In Russian).
2. Artikov G. A., Belyaev V. F., Gladstein L. I. Influence of cold forming on the mechanical properties of steel of closed cold-formed bend-welded sections. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1994, no. 5, pp. 16-18. (In Russian).
3. Gladstein L. I., Belyaev V. F., Artikov G. A. Load-bearing capacity of closed cold-formed roll-formed profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1995, no. 5, pp. 26-30. (In Russian).
4. Gladstein L. I., Bobyleva L. A., Litvinenko D. A. et al. Broad-strip steel for bent-welded sections of northern design. Stal', 1993, no. 5, pp. 64-69. (In Russian).
5. Medenkov A. A., Chashchin V. V., Kryukova T. G., Titov V. A. Influence of cooling modes on the properties of rolled products along the length of strips. Stal', 1989, no. 2, pp. 74-79. (In Russian).
6. Khromushkin D. N., Tupitsyn A. I., Dyakonova V. S. Metal properties of bent-welded profiles for lightweight steel structures of complex supply. Razrabotka i issledovanie stali dlya metallicheskikh konstruktsiy. Sb. nauch. tr. TsNIIproektstal'konstruktsiya im. Mel'nikova [Collection of scientific works of TsNIIproektstalkonstruktsiya named by Melnikov. Development and research of steel for metal structures]. Moscow, 1988, pp. 58-79. (In Russian).
7. Goritskiy V. M. Primenenie kharakteristik udarnoy vyazkosti v inzhenernoy praktike [Application of characteristics of impact strength in engineering practice]. Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 2016. 304 p. (In Russian).
8. Pickering F. B., Glaedman T. Metallurgical development in carbon steels. Iron and Steel. Inst. BISRA, Harrogate Conf. 1963. P. 10.
9. Goritskiy V. M. On the possible mechanism of the influence of phosphorus on the resistance to brittle fracture of structural steels. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2001, no. 3, pp. 34-36. (In Russian).
10. Goritskiy V. M., Silina N. G., Shneyderov G. R. Mechanical properties of steel thin-sheet structures. Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2020, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 55-60. (In Russian).
- For citation: Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Kulemin A. M., Durneva A. A. Properties of Hollow Profiles Obtained by Rolling of Sheet Rolled Product. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 23-30. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.23-30.