- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Quality Of Bent-Welded Profiles Of Square And Rectangular Cross-Sections
- UDC 620.178.746.22 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.17-22
Vitaliy M. GORITSKIY, e-mail: email@example.com
Georgy R. SHNEYDEROV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oleg V. GORITSKIY, e-mail: email@example.com
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The effect of the wall thickness of a hollow profile with a square and rectangular cross-section, a bending radius and the degree of deformation aging development on the degree of embrittlement of steels at bending points has been investigated. Comparison of the test results of full-scale longitudinal specimens made from the bend points and the flange (edge) of the profile with the test results obtained using hardness testing methods was made. It is revealed that to ensure the mechanical safety of structures made of profile pipes, it is necessary to conduct impact bending tests at the standard temperature assigned taking into account the region of the construction object location and taking into account the amount of metal embrittlement at the bend site. The possibility of using the control of the grain size of ferrite in coil steel to compensate for the magnitude of embrittlement of the metal at the bending points is considered. It is shown that the changes made for the period 2012-2016 to the current State Standard "Steel Profiles Bent Closed Welded Square and Rectangular for Building Structures. Technical Conditions" are able to ensure the mechanical safety of building structures made of bent-welded profiles with a strength class of steel up to 460.
Key words: closed bent-welded profiles of square and rectangular cross-sections, coil steel, metal structures, impact strength, critical brittleness temperature, degree of steel embrittlement, strain aging.
1. Khromushkin D. N., Tupitsyn A. I., Dyakonova V. S. Metal properties of bent-welded profiles for lightweight steel structures of complex supply. [Development and research of steel for metal structures. Collection of scientific works of TsNIIproektstalkonstruktsiya named after Melnikov. Moscow, 1988, pp. 58-79. (In Russian).
2. Belyaev V.F., Gladshtein L.I., Artikov G.A. The choice of design resistances of steel closed bent-welded profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1995, no. 5, pp. 30-32. (In Russian).
3. Medenkov A. A., Chashchin V. V., Kryukova T. G., Titov V. A. Influence of cooling modes on the properties of rolled products along the length of strips. Steel, 1989, no. 2, pp. 74-79. (In Russian).
4. Artikov G. A., Belyaev V. F., Gladshtein L. I. Influence of cold forming on the mechanical properties of steel of closed cold-formed bend-welded sections. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1994, no. 5, pp. 16-18. (In Russian).
5. Gladstein L. I., Bobyleva L. A., Litvinenko D. A. et al. Broad-strip steel for bent-welded sections of northern design. Steel, 1993, no. 5, pp. 64-69. (In Russian).
6. Gladstein L. I., Belyaev V. F., Artikov G. A. Load-bearing capacity of closed cold-formed roll-formed profiles. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 1995, no. 5, pp. 26-30. (In Russian).
7. Gladstein L. I., Vesolainen O.Ya. On the expediency of testing building steel for its tendency to mechanical aging. Zavodskaya laboratoriya, 1990, no. 5, pp. 64-68. (In Russian).
8. Goritskiy V. M., Khromov D. P. The influence of plastic deformation of steel on the safe operation of metal structures. Montazhnye i special'nye raboty v stroitel'stve, 2005, no. 12, pp. 14-18. (In Russian).
9. Goritskiy V.M. Application of characteristics of impact strength in engineering practice. Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 2016. 304 p. (In Russian).
10. Goritskiy V. M. Influence of structure parameters on characteristics of resistance to brittle fracture of low-carbon steel. Zavodskaya laboratoriya, Diagnostika materialov, 2003, no. 8, vol. 69, pp. 39-43. (In Russian).
- For citation: Goritskiy V. M., Shneyderov G. R., Goritskiy O. V. Quality of Bent-Welded Profiles of Square and Rectangular Cross-Sections. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 17-22. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.17-22.