- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Ñorrosion Resistance Of Galvanized Steel Thin Sheet Rolled Products
- UDC 620.193.2:669.14-413 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.04-08
Gennady V. ONOSOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalya G. SILINA, e-mail: email@example.com
Melnikov Central Research and Design Institute of Steel Structures, ul. Arkhitektora Vlasova, 49, Moscow 117997, Russian Federation
Abstract. The content of national and foreign regulatory documents relating to "Corrosion resistance of galvanized steel thin sheet rolled product" is analyzed. Reference information on the zinc coatings corrosion rate and terminology for the degree of aggressive environmental impact is provided. The comparison of aggressive environmental impact degrees in national and European regulatory documentation is presented. The comparison of aggressive environment impact degrees and corrosion categories is performed. The information about the corrosion rate of zinc coatings given in foreign sources is evaluated. It is emphasized that the rate of corrosion of zinc coatings according to Russian scientific and technical sources does not exceed the rate of corrosion given in foreign regulatory documents. It is stated that the reason for the recent information about the allegedly overestimated zinc coatings corrosion rate adopted in the Russian Federation is an incorrect comparison of the degrees of aggressive impact adopted in the Russian Federation and abroad. To eliminate contradictions in the interpretation of the accepted terminology, information for designers, manufacturers of metal structures and wide range of specialists is provided.
Key words: corrosion resistance of steel sheet rolled product, degree of aggressive environmental impact, zinc coatings corrosion rate, corrosion category, regulatory documentation in the field of protection against corrosion.
1. ISO 9223:2012. Corrosion of metals and alloys. Corrosivity of atmospheres. Classification, determination and estimation.
2. ISO 9224:2012. Corrosion of metals and alloys. Corrosion activity of the atmosphere. Guidelines for corrosion categories.
3. Otsinkovannaya stal'naya konstruktsiya dlya zhilykh zdaniy [Galvanized steel construction for residential buildings]. Issledovatel'skiy otchet RP06-1. Amerikanskiy institut zheleza i stali, 2006. Available at: https://textarchive.ru/c-2698467.html (accessed 3.08.2020). (In Russian).
4. Mikhailovskiy Yu. N. Atmosfernaya korroziya metallov i metody ikh zashchity [Atmospheric corrosion of metals and methods of their protection]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1989, p. 85.
- For citation: Onosov G. V., Silina N. G. Ñorrosion Resistance of Galvanized Steel Thin Sheet Rolled Products. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 10, pp. 4-8. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.10.04-08.