- ENGINEERING SURVEYS FOR CONSTRUCTION
- Anti-Karst Protection And The Signs Preceding A Collapse Sinkhole's Formation
- UDC 699.8:551.448 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.09.54-58
Victor P. KHOMENKO, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Vadim S. KRASHENINNIKOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research and Production Company "Special Survey for High-Rise Construction", ul. Architectora Vlasova, 45A, Moscow 117393, Russian Federation
Abstract. Ensuring trouble-free operation of industrial, civil and other types of construction projects built on karst-prone territories is one of the most important technical tasks of our time. The article describes the principles of rational choice of methods for engineering protection of construction objects located on karst-hazardous areas, where signs of sinkhole formation preparation were found during engineering and geological surveys. These signs are: buried sinkholes; zones of suffosional deconsolidation of cohesionless soils covering soluble rocks; zones of weakening of disperse soils over karst cavities, and also the presence of non-colmated cavities in soluble rocks. Expediency and efficiency of different kinds of anti-karst protection technics, put into Russian and foreign practice in these settings, are considered in succession. It is noted that it is necessary to take into account the signs of karst sinkhole preparation when prescribing anti-karst measures. The practical significance of such accounting is that it makes it possible to avoid serious engineering errors that are sometimes made during the design or implementation of anti-karst protection.
Key words: karst, signs of collapse sinkhole's formation, site investigations, anti-karst protection.
1. Krasheninnikov V. S., Khomenko V. P. Covered karst: necessary conditions, reasons and signs of sinkhole formation. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2013, no. 11, pp. 6-8 (In Russian).
2. Drobinina E. V., Kataev V. N. Covering karst massifs: study for the purpose of karstological forecast. Priroda, 2019, no. 11 (1251), pp. 62-72 (In Russian).
3. Krasheninnikov V. S. Methodology to evaluate of karst hazard within the local area of research. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' stroitel'stva v karstovykh rayonakh: Materialy mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma [Environmental safety and construction in karst areas: Proc. of the International symposium]. Perm, PNGU Publ., 2015, pp. 183-187 (In Russian).
4. Baidin I. Y., Sazonova S. A. Overview of anti-karst measures in the design of linear facilities. Sovremennyye tekhnologii v stroitel'stve. Teoriya i praktika, 2020, vol. 2, pp. 324-329 (In Russian).
5. Rekomendatsii po inzhenerno-geologicheskim izyskaniyam i otsenke territoriy dlya promyshlennogo i grazhdanskogo stroitel'stva v karstovykh rayonakh SSSR [Recommendations on geological site investigations and hazard assessment for industrial and civil engineering in karst-prone areas of the USSR]. Ìoscow, PNIIIS Publ., 1967. 91 p. (In Russian).
6. Rekomendatsii po proektirovaniyu zdaniy i sooruzheniy v karstovykh rayonakh SSSR [Recommendations on design of buildings and structures in karst-prone areas of the USSR]. Ìoscow, PNIIIS Publ., 1967. 73 p. (In Russian).
7. Savarenskiy I. A., Mironov N. A. Rukovodstvo po inzhenerno-geologicheskim izyskaniyam v rayonakh razvitiya karsta [Guidance on geological site investigations in karst-prone areas]. Ìoscow, PNIIIS Minstroya Rossii Publ., 1995. 167 p. (In Russian).
8. Tolmachev V. V. An accident at the industrial enterprise "DzerzhinskKhimmash" caused by a sinkhole. Karstovye provaly: Tezisy dokladov yubileynoy konferentsii [Collapse sinkholes: abstracts of the jubilee conference (Kungur, September 28-29, 1994)]. Yekaterinburg, UIF Nauka Publ., 1994, pp. 79-83 (In Russian).
9. Anikeev A. V., Leonenko M. V. Forecast of sinkhole development due to changes in hydrodynamic regime (case study of Dzerzhinsk karst area, Russia). Geoekologiya. Inzhenernaya geologiya. Gidrogeologiya. Geokriologiya, 2013, no. 2, pp. 130-146 (In Russian).
10. Gutiérrez F., Cooper A. H., Johnson K. S. Identification, prediction, and mitigation of sinkhole hazard in evaporite karst areas. Environmental Geology, 2008, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1007-1022.
11. Lebegue Y. Problèmes poses par les cavité dans du calcaire karstique cache prés d'Orleans. Proc. IAEG Symp. Hannover SA, 1973, pp. T4D1-T4Db.
12. Wagener F. von M., Day P. W. Construction on dolomite in South Africa. Environmental Geology and Water Sciences, 1986, vol. 8, no. 1/2, pp. 83-89.
- For citation: Khomenko V. P., Krasheninnikov V. S. Anti-Karst Protection and the Signs Preceding a Collapse Sinkhole's Formation. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 9, pp. 54-58. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.09.54-58.