- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Estimation Of The Value Of The Coefficient Of Permissible Damages For A Frame-Bonded Reinforced Concrete Frame Under Earthquake
- UDC 624.042.7 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.09.34-40
Oleg V. MKRTYCHEV, e-mail: MkrtychevOV@mgsu.ru
Mikhail I. ANDREEV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. When calculating building structures for intense seismic effects by the linear-spectral method, the non-linear nature of deformation is taken into account integrally by introducing the coefficient K1 (the coefficient of permissible damage). This simplified approach when designing building and structures, certain structural schemes, may lead to a deficiency of their seismic resistance. The article presents the results of research to determine the actual values of the bearing capacity reserve and refinement of the studied coefficient for a frame-bonded reinforced concrete frame with a calculated seismic impact intensity of 9 points on the MSK-64 scale. The research was performed using the LS-DYNA software package with the use of nonlinear dynamic methods and nonlinear models of materials for concrete and rebar. Analysis of the results shows that the building under consideration with a frame-bonded reinforced concrete frame, designed according to current national standards, has a deficit of seismic resistance. The value of the coefficient under study, given in the standard for construction in seismic areas for buildings and structures of various structural schemes, requires clarification based on computational studies in more stringent settings, for example, using nonlinear dynamic methods. The approach proposed in this article makes it possible to directly take into account the nonlinear nature of structural deformation during an intense earthquake, to give a reasonable assessment of the level of seismic resistance of reinforced concrete buildings and structures, and to clarify the value of the coefficient K1.
Key words: seismic stability, nonlinear dynamic calculation method, earthquake accelerogram, coefficient of permissible damages, volumetric finite elements, verification, reserve ratio, frame-bonded reinforced concrete frame.
1. Jinchvelashvili G. A., Sosnin A. V. Analysis of some features of accounting for nonlinear work of structures in normative documents on earthquake-resistant construction. Podsektsiya "Stroitel'naya mekhanika i teoriya nadezhnosti konstruktsiy" 71-y nauch.-metodich. i nauch.-issled. konf. (s mezhdunarodnym molodezhnym uchastiem) [Subsection "Construction mechanics and theory of reliability of structures" 71st Scientific-methodical and scientific-research conf. (with international youth participation)] (January 29 - February 7, 2013). Moscow, MADI Publ., 2013, pp. 67-69. (In Russian).
2. Dzhinchvelashvili G. A., Bulushev S. V., Kolesnikov A. V. Nonlinear static method of analysis of seismic resistance of buildings and structures. Seysmostoykoe stroitel'stvo. Bezopasnost' sooruzheniy, 2016, no. 5, pp. 139-47. (In Russian).
3. Sosnin A. V. Features of assessing the lack of seismic resistance of reinforced concrete frame buildings by nonlinear static analysis in SAP2000. Tehnicheskoe regulirovanie v transportnom stroitel'stve, 2015, no. 6(14), pp. 97-110. (In Russian).
4. Sosnin A. V. On peculiarities of the nonlinear static analysis and its coordination with the standard calculation procedure (CSM) of buildings and structures under seismic loads. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya Stroitel'stvo i arkhitektura, 2016, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 12-19. (In Russian).
5. Sosnin A. V. About refinement of the seismic-force-reduction factor (K1) and its coherence with the concept of seismic response modification in formulation of the spectrum method (in order of discussion). Vestnik grazhdanskih inzhenerov, 2017, no. 1, pp. 92-116. (In Russian).
6. Sosnin A. V. About a refinement procedure of seismic-force-reduction factor K1 using a pushover curve for earthquake-resistance estimation of RC LSC frame buildings. Zhilishhnoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 1-2, pp. 60-70. (In Russian).
7. Kabancev O. V., Useinov E. S., Sharipov Sh. Determination of allowable damage factor of antiseismic structures. Vestnik TGASU, 2016, no. 2, pp. 117-129. (In Russian).
8. Dzhinchvelashvili G. A., Bulushev S. V. Accuracy evaluation of the nonlinear static analysis method of the structures seismic resistance. Stroitel'naya mekhanika inzhenernykh konstruktsiy i sooruzheniy, 2017, no. 2, pp. 41-48. (In Russian).
9. Fialko S. Y., Perelmuter A. V. Inelastic analysis of reinforced concrete structures in SCAD. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, 2019, vol. 15, iss. 1, pp. 54-60.
10. Fialko S. Y. Primenenie metoda konechnyh jelementov k analizu prochnosti i nesushhej sposobnosti tonkostennyh zhelezobetonnyh konstrukcij s uchetom fizicheskoj nelinejnosti [Application of the finite element method to the analysis of strength and load-bearing capacity of thin-walled reinforced concrete structures taking into account physical nonlinearity]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2018. 192 p. (In Russian).
11. Perelmuter A. V., Tur V. V. Whether we are ready to proceed to a nonlinear analysis at designing? International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, 2017, vol. 13, iss. 3, ðð. 86-102.
12. Andreev M. I., Bulushev S. V., Dudareva M. S. Verification of the eccentrically compressed reinforced concrete column calculation model based on the results of a full-scale experimental study. MATEC Web of Conferences, 2018, vol. 251, 04013.
13. Fialko S. Yu., Karpilovskyi V. S. Triangular and quadrilateral flat shell finite elements for nonlinear analysis of thin-walled reinforced concrete structures in SCAD software. Proc. of the 11th International conference on shell structures. Theory and applications, SSTA 2017. 11th. 2018, vol. 4, pp. 367-370.
14. Murray Y. D. Users manual for LS-DYNA. Concrete Material Model 159. FHWA-HRT-05-062. 2007. 77 p.
15. Mkrtychev O. V., Andreev M. I. Numerical studies of strength of concrete cylinders for compression. Stroitel'naya mekhanika inzhenernykh konstruktsiy i sooruzheniy, 209, vol. 15, iss. 6, pp. 433-437. (In Russian).
16. Mkrtychev O. V., Andreev M. I. Calculation of the unique high-rise building for earthquakes in nonlinear dynamic formulation. Vestnik MGSU, 2016, no. 6, pp. 25-33. (In Russian).
17. Aptikaev F. F. Instrumental'naya shkala seysmicheskoy intensivnosti [Instrumental scale of seismic intensity]. Moscow, Nauka i obrazovanie Publ., 2012. 176 p. (In Russian).
18. Aptikaev F. F., Erteleva O. O. Parameters of the response spectra. Seysmostoykoe stroitel'stvo. Bezopasnost' sooruzheniy, 2008, no. 5, pp. 23-25. (In Russian).
19. Mkrtychev O. V., Reshetov A. A. Method for determining initial characteristics of the most unfavorable accelerograms for linear systems with finite number of degrees of freedom. Vestnik MGSU, 2015, no. 8, pp. 80-91. (In Russian).
20. Mkrtychev O. V., Bulushev S. V. Estimation of the coefficient of the coefficient of permissible damages for a reinforced concrete spatial building in an earthquake. Problemy nauchno-prakticheskoy deyatel'nosti. Perspektivy vnedreniya innovatsionnykh resheniy [Problems of scientific and practical activity. Prospects for implementing innovative solutions. Collection of articles of the all-Russian scientific and practical conference]. (December 17, 2019, Izhevsk). Part 2]. Ufa, OMEGA SCIENCE Publ., 2019, iss. 2, pp. 64-69. (In Russian).
21. Kabancev O. V., Umarov K. I. Features of elastic-plastic deformation of reinforced concrete shear-wall structures under earthquake excitations. Seysmostoykoe stroitel'stvo. Bezopasnost' sooruzheniy, 2020, no. 1, pp. 18-28. (In Russian).
22. Mkrtychev O. V., Bunov A. A., Dorozhinskiy V. B. Comparison of linear spectral and nonlinear dynamic calculation method for tie frame building structure in case of earthquakes. Vestnik MGSU, 2016, no. 1, pp. 57-67. (In Russian).
- For citation: Mkrtychev O. V., Andreev M. I. Estimation of the Value of the Coefficient of Permissible Damages for a Frame-Bonded Reinforced Concrete Frame under Earthquake. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 9, pp. 34-40. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.09.34-40.