- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Deformation Of Foundations When Freezing Heaving Soils At The Base
- UDC 624.151:624.142 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.54-59
Andrey G. ALEKSEEV1, 2, å-mail: email@example.com
1 JSC Research Center of Construction, Gersevanov Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP), Riazansky prospekt, 59, Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
2 Moscow State University of Civil Engineering, Yaroslavskoye shosse, 26, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article considers the interaction of freezing heaving soils with shallow foundations. Method for estimating value of deformation of frost heaving of unloaded soil surface and shallow foundation, taking into account compression of freezing, frozen and underlying non-frozen soil layers, is given. The calculation of soil setting under the effect of frost heaving is presented taking into account the deformation characteristics of thawed soil, which have changed as a result of cryogenic migration of water into freezing soil. The article defines the value of frost heaving maximum pressure of soil freezing in a closed volume using the Bridgeman-Tamman dependence and taking into account temperature, humidity and porosity of the freezing soil massif. Diagrams for calculation of soil deformations during freezing are presented. Calculations of deformation of the free surface of the soil and shallow foundations under the influence of frost heaving pressure, which showed a significant difference in the amount of soil and structure lifting in the presence and absence of external load, are made.
Key words: deformation of soil frost heaving, unloaded soil surface, shallow foundations, freezing, frozen and underlying soil layer.
1. Dalmatov B. I. Vozdeystvie moroznogo pucheniya gruntov na fundamenty sooruzheniy [Impact of frost heaving of soils on the foundations of structures]. Moscow-Leningrad, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1957. 58 p. (In Russian).
2. Ivin Yu. A. On the issue of studying freezing - thawing of deep soil under low-depth foundations. Inzhenerno-geologicheskoe izuchenie i otsenka merzlykh, promerzayushchikh i protaivayushchikh glinistykh gruntov [Engineering-geological study and assessment of frozen, freezing and thawing clay soils]. St. Petersburg, VNIIG im. B. E. Vedeneeva Publ., 1993, pp. 147-150. (In Russian).
3. Kassakhun M. B. Influence of soil heaving forces on the stress-strain state of shallow foundations. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2002, no. 8, pp. 51-52. (In Russian).
4. Kiselev M. F. Meropriyatiya protiv deformatsii zdaniy i sooruzheniy ot deystviya sil moroznogo vypuchivaniya fundamentov [Measures against deformation of buildings and structures from the action of forces of frost bulging of foundations]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1971. 103 p. (In Russian).
5. Kiselev M. F. Calculation of normal forces of frost bulging of foundations. Osnovaniya, fundamenty i mekhanika gruntov, 1961, no. 5, pp. 23-24. (In Russian).
6. Orlov V. O., Zheleznyak I. I., Filippov V. D., Fursov V. V. Morozoopasnye grunty kak osnovaniya sooruzheniy [Frost-hazardous soils as the basis of structures]. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 1992. 167 p. (In Russian).
7. Peretrukhin N. A., Dubnov Yu. D., Merenkov N. D. Investigation of the interaction of puchinistogo soil with single foundations. Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya po merzlotovedeniyu [International conference on permafrost studies]. Yakutsk, 1973, iss. 7, pp. 96-102. (In Russian).
8. Puskov V. I. On the formation in the plane of the sole of the foundations of the forces of frost buckling and the method of their calculation. Soveshchanie-seminar po obmenu opytom stroitel'stva v surovykh klimaticheskikh usloviyakh [ Meeting-seminar on the exchange of experience in construction in harsh climatic conditions]. Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarskiy Promstroyniiproekt Publ., 1970, vol. V, iss. 1, pp. 82-93. (In Russian).
9. Kuzina A. V., Mishedchenko O. A. Assessment of the pressure of frost heaving of the soil that freezes under the sole of the foundation. Marksheyderiya i nedropol'zovanie, 2017, no. 4(90), pp. 55-57. (In Russian).
10. Bondarenko G. I., Alekseev A. G. Determination of the pressure of frost heaving of soils in laboratory conditions. Geotekhnika. Aktualnye teoreticheskie i prakticheskie problemy : mezhvuzovskiy tematicheskiy sbornik trudov [Geotechnics. Actual theoretical and practical problems : interuniversity thematic collection of works]. St. Petersburg, SpbGASU, 2006, pp. 220-225. (In Russian).
11. Abzhalimov R. SH. Regularity of distribution of vertical stresses of frost heaving of soil under foundations and underground structures. Geotekhnika, 2013, no. 1, pp. 22-27. (In Russian).
12. Tret'iakova O.V. The values of the normal stress of frost heaving, growing in clay soils. Transport, transportnye sooruzheniya, ekologiya, 2016, no. 1, pp. 125-141. (In Russian).
13. Veinberg B. P. Svoystva, vozniknovenie i ischeznovenie l'da [Properties, occurrence and disappearance of ice]. Moscow-Leningrad, Gostekhizdat Publ., 1940. 524 p. (In Russian).
14. Tsytovich N. A. Mekhanika merzlykh gruntov [Mechanics of frozen soils]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ.,1973. 446 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Alekseev A. G. Deformation of Foundations when Freezing Heaving Soils at the Base. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 8, pp. 54-59. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.54-59.