- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Calculation Of Stone Walls Under Shear And Tension
- UDC 624.044:692.2:693.2 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.31-42
Mikhail K. ISHCHUK, e-mail: email@example.com
Reserch Institute of Building Constructions (TSNIISK) named after V. A. Koucherenko, Research Center of Construction, 2-ya Institutskaya ul., 6, Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
Vyacheslav L. ISHCHUK, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFIGURATOR Business Studio, Partiyny pereulok, 1, korp. 11, Moscow 115093, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article discusses the main approaches to calculating the stone masonry by the finite elements method under flat stress state in the areas of separation and shear. It is shown that the calculation with the representation of masonry in the form of a micro-model, when the final elements of bricks and mortar and their connecting interface elements are set separately, makes it possible to get a reliable picture of the formation of cracks. In most cases of masonry calculation with its representation in the form of a macro-model, when an arbitrary breakdown of the structure into final elements with averaged deformation and strength characteristics is set, it was possible to obtain only a qualitative picture indicating the area of possible crack formation. The calculation of masonry with its representation in the form of a micro-model is mainly used for research purposes. The combined two-level method is more widely used, when the properties of the masonry are studied at a fragment limited in size in the form of a micro-model, and then these properties are assigned to the masonry of the entire structure, considered as a macro-model. The authors developed a specialized program KAMKON for calculating stone structures, in which masonry is presented as a macro-model. The program implements the finite element method taking into account constructive nonlinearity. Features of masonry operation, such as, for example, the quality of filling vertical joints with mortar, are taken into account. A complex criterion is used to check the strength of masonry and the permissible width of crack opening. The program was verified by comparing the results of calculations with experimental data.
Key words: stone masonry, flat stress state, finite element method, calculation algorithm, numerical methods, temperature-moisture deformations, criteria of masonry strength.
1. Lourenco P. B. Two approaches for the analysis of masonry structures: Micro and macro modeling. Heron, 1995, vol. 40, pp. 313-340.
2. Polyakov S.V. Dlitel'noe szhatie kamennoj kladki. Nauchnoe soobshchenie [Prolonged compression of masonry. Scientific communication]. Moscow, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1959. 183 p. (In Russian).
3. Onishchik L. I. Kamennye i armokamennye konstrukcii promyshlennyh i grazhdanskih zdanij [Masonry and reinforced masonry structures of industrial and civil buildings]. Moscow, Leningrad, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1939. 149 p. (In Russian).
4. Ishchuk M. K. Influence of various factors on the assessment of the strength of masonry in compression (on the issue of improving the standards for masonry structures). Stroitel'nye materialy, 2020, no. 7, pp. 67-75. (In Russian).
5. Kabancev O.V. Mechanics of plastic deformation and fracture of masonry under biaxial stress conditions. Sovremennye problemy rascheta zhelezobetonnyh konstrukcij, zdanij i sooruzhenij na avarijnye vozdejstvija [Modern problems of calculating reinforced concrete structures, buildings and structures for emergency impacts]. Moscow, MGSU Publ., 2016, pp. 154-165. (In Russian).
6. Kapustin S. A., Likhachev S. Yu. Modelirovanie processov deformiro-vaniya i razrusheniya materialov s periodicheski povtoryayushchejsya strukturoj [Modeling the processes of deformation and destruction of materials with a periodically repeating structure]. N. Novgorod, NNGASU Publ., 2012 . 96 p. (In Russian).
7. Kashevarova G. G., Trufanov N. A. Chislennoe modelirovanie deformi-rovaniya i razrusheniya sistemy "zdanie-fundament" [Numerical modeling of deformation and destruction of the building-foundation system]. Ekaterinburg-Perm', UrO RAN Publ., 2005. 225 p. (In Russian).
8. Kashevarova G. G. The program for implementing the algorithm for accounting for the statistical dispersion of the mechanical properties of materials. Vestnik PNIPU. Stroitel'stvo i arhitektura. 2012, no. 1, pp. 133-141. (In Russian).
9. Blokhina N. S. Calculation of structures made of anisotropic materials using physical nonlinearity. Stroitelnaia mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 2012, no. 1, pp. 3-5. (In Russian).
10. Derkach V. N. Deformation characteristics of masonry in the plane stress state. Stroitel'stvo i rekonstrukciya, 2012, no. 2 (40), pp. 3-10. (In Russian).
11. Zenkevich O. S. Metod konechnyh jelementov v tehnike [The finite element method in technology]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1975. 541 p. (In Russian).
12. Kolesnikov A. P. Metody chislennogo analiza, izlozhennye na jazyke formul i algoritmicheskom jazyke C# [Methods of numerical analysis presented in the language of formulas and the algorithmic language C#]. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2017. 412 p. (In Russian).
13. Tuhfatullin B.A. Chislennye metody rascheta stroitel'nyh konstrukcij [Numerical methods for calculating building structures]. Tomsk, TGASU Publ., 2017. 100 p. (In Russian).
14. Tuhfatullin B. A. Chislennye metody raschjota stroitel'nyh konstrukcij. Metod konechnyh jelementov (teorija i praktika) [Numerical methods for calculating building structures. The finite element method (theory and practice)]. Tomsk, TGASU Publ., 2013. 100 p. (In Russian).
15. Ovcharenko V. A. Raschet zadach mashinostroenija metodom konechnyh jelementov [Calculation of the problems of mechanical engineering by the finite element method]. Kramatorsk, DGMA Publ., 2004. 125 p. (In Russian).
16. Geniev G. A., Kurbatov A. S., Samedov F. A. Voprosy prochnosti i plastichnosti anizotropnyh materialov [Issues of strength and ductility of anisotropic materials]. Moscow, INTERBUK Publ., 1993. 187 p. (In Russian).
17. Ishchuk M.K. Experimental studies of the stress-strain state of masonry of the outer layer of the outer walls with flexible ties to temperature and humidity effects. Vestnik NIC "Stroitel'stvo", 2018, no. 3(18), pp. 61-78. (In Russian).
18. Ishchuk M. K. The study of the stress-strain state of the masonry of the outer layer of the external walls with flexible ties under temperature-humidity effects. Stroitel'naja mehanika i raschet sooruzhenij, 2018, no. 1, pp. 72-76. (In Russian).
19. Ishchuk M. K., Ajzjatullin H. A., Cheremnyh V. A. Experimental studies of three-layer masonry walls under temperature effects. Vestnik NIC "Stroitel'stvo", 2020, no. 24, pp. 26 - 33. (In Russian).
20. Ishchuk M. K., Ishchuk V. L. Numerical studies of the strength and deformation of external walls with a masonry front layer with flexible ties under temperature effects. Vestnik NIC "Stroitel'stvo", 2019, no. 2, pp. 60-73. (In Russian).
21. Kopanica D. M., Kabancev O. V., Useinov Je. S. Experimental studies of fragments of brickwork on the effect of static and dynamic loads. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo arhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta, 2012, no. 4 (37), pp. 157-178. (In Russian).
22. Samarasinghe W., Page A.W., Hendry A.W. A finite element model for the in-plane behaviour of brickwork. Proc. of the Institution of Civil Engineers, 1982, vol. 73, pp. 171-178.
- For citation: Ishchuk M. K., Ishchuk V. L. Calculation of Stone Walls under Shear and Tension. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 8, pp. 31-42. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.31-42.