- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Conceptual Hierarchy Of Models In The Theory Of Resistance Of Building Structures
- UDC 624.012.45.001.572 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.16-23
Vladimir I. KOLCHUNOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southwest State University, 50 Let Oktyabrya ul., 94, Kursk 305040, Russian Federation
Victor S. FEDOROV, e-mail: email@example.com
Russian University of Transport (MIIT), Obrazcova ul., 9, str. 9, Moscow 127994, Russian Federation
Abstract. An analysis of recent publications in the field of construction theory shows that in research practice, and especially in Russia, the emphasis is more and more shifted towards the mathematical modeling of physical processes and phenomena without proper physical justification of these phenomena and, all the more, without deep experimental verification. The article presents some results of the analysis of physical, calculation and mathematical models and the effectiveness of their practical implementation in relation to studies of the resistance of building structures. The structural level hierarchy of these models is shown. The possibilities of improving the models with the aim of their maximum approximation to the study of real phenomena in ongoing research are indicated. The continuity of the relations between the theory and mechanics of destruction of a solid body, basic research in the strength of building materials and the bearing capacity of structures, specific features of the deformation of reinforced concrete and its components are shown. Examples of transformations of physical models into calculation and mathematical models on the basis of accepting motivated hypotheses and using the results of correctly set experimental studies are presented.
Key words: physical models, calculation models, mathematical models, hypotheses, invariants, reliability.
1. Travush, V. I., Emelyanov S. G., Kolchunov V. I. Safety of the living environment - the meaning and task of construction science. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 7, pp. 20-27. (In Russian).
2. Blauberg I. V., Yudin E. G. Stanovlenie i sushchnost' sistemnogo podhoda [The formation and essence of the systems approach]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1973. 270 p. (In Russian).
3. Tihonov A. N., Arsenin V. Ya. Metody resheniya nekorrektnyh zadach [Methods for solving incorrect tasks]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1974. 224 p. (In Russian).
4. Sadovskij V. I. Osnovaniya obshchej teorii system [Foundations of the general theory of systems]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1974. 215 p. (In Russian).
5. Goldenblat N. N., Bazhanov V. L., Kopnov V. A. Dlitel'naya prochnost' v mashinostroenii [Long lasting strength in mechanical engineering]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1977. 248 p. (In Russian).
6. Bondarenko V. M., Kolchunov Vl. I. Raschetnye modeli silovogo soprotivleniya zhelezobetona [Design models of strength resistance of reinforced concrete]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2004. 472 p. (In Russian).
7. Bondarenko V. M., Kolchunov V. I. The concept and development directions of the theory of structural safety of buildings and structures under power and environmental influences. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2013, no. 2, pp. 28-31. (In Russian).
8. Lirola J. M. et al. A review on experimental research using scale models for buildings. Application and methodologies. Energy and Buildings, 2017, vol. 142, pp. 72-110.
9. Tomaïevi: M., Gams M. Shaking table study and modelling of seismic behaviour of confined AAC masonry buildings. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 2012, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 863-893.
10. Jones B., Sereni A., Ricci M. Building brunelleschi's dome: a practical methodology verified by experiment. Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, 2010, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 39-61.
11. Imbabi M. S. A general procedure for the small-scale modelling of buildings. International Journal of Energy Research, 1990, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 311-321.
12. Gorodeckij A. S., Evzerov I. D. Komp'yuternye modeli konstrukcij [Computer models of structures]. Kiev, FAKT Publ., 2007. 394 p. (In Russian).
13. Kashevarova G. G., Tonkov Yu. L. Automated search for a clear meaning of the category of technical condition of building structures in the tasks of expert opinion. Stroitel'stvo i rekonstrukciya, 2016, no. 6, pp. 57-70. (In Russian).
14. Kashevarova G. G., Fursov M. N., Tonkov Yu. L. On the construction of membership functions of a fuzzy set in the context of the problem of diagnosing damage to reinforced concrete slabs. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, 2014, vol. 10, no. 2, p. 93. (In Russian).
15. Sokolov V. A. Diagnosis of the technical condition of the construction of buildings and structures using the methods of the theory of fuzzy sets. Inzhenerno-stroitel'nyj zhurnal, 2010, no. 5, pp. 31-37. (In Russian).
16. Fedorov V. S., Levitskij V. E., Molchadskij I. S., Aleksandrov A. V. Ognestojkost' i pozharnaya opasnost' stroitel'nyh konstrukcij [Fire resistance and fire hazard of building structures]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2009. 408 p. (In Russian).
17. Barabash M. S., Romashkina M. A. Algorithm for modeling and structural analysis taking into account creep of concrete. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, 2014, no. 10(2), pp. 56-63.
18. Li W. et al. In-plane strengthening effect of prefabricated concrete walls on masonry structures: shaking table test. Shock and Vibration, 2017, vol. 2017. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/3178032 (accessed 27.06.2020).
19. Kolchunov V. I., Osovskih E. V., Fomichev S. I. Strength of reinforced concrete platform joints of residential buildings with a cross-wall system of panel elements. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2009, no. 12, pp. 12-16. (In Russian).
20. Kolchunov V. I., Kolchunov Vl. I., Fedorova N. V. Deformation models of reinforced concrete with special impacts. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 8, pp. 54-60. (In Russian).
21. Kremer N. Sh., Putko B. A. Ekonometrika: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Econometrics: textbook for high schools]. Moscow, Yuniti-Dana Publ., 2002. 311 p. (In Russian).
22. Belostockij A. M., Akimov P. A., Aul A. A. et al. On the calculation justification of the mechanical safety of stadiums erected for the 2018 World Cup. Part 2. Problems and achievements in the calculation justification of objects with the main combinations of loads and effects. Fundamental search and applied research of the RAASN on scientific support for the development of architecture, urban planning and the construction industry of the Russian Federation in 2018. Moscow, RAASN Publ., 2019, pp. 77-87. (In Russian).
23. Belostockij A. M., Akimov P. A., Aul A. A. et al. On the calculation justification of the mechanical safety of stadiums erected for the 2018 World Cup. Part 3. Problems and achievements in the calculation justification of objects with special combinations of loads and effects and scientific support of the examination. Ibid, pp. 88-99. (In Russian).
24. Fedorova N. V., Ngoc V. T. Deformation and failure of monolithic reinforced concrete frames under special actions. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2019, vol. 1425, p. 012033. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1425/1/012033.
25. Kolchunov V. I. et al. Failure simulation of a RC multi-storey building frame with prestressed girders. Inzhenerno-stroitel'nyj zhurnal, 2019, no. 8, pp. 155-162.
26. Kim N. S., Lee J. H., Chang S. P. Equivalent multi-phase similitude law for pseudodynamic test on small scale reinforced concrete models. Engineering Structures, 2009, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 834-846.
27. Travush V. I. et al. The main results of experimental studies of reinforced concrete structures made of high-strength concrete B100 round and annular cross-sections during torsion with bending. Stroitel'naya mekhanika inzhenernyh konstrukcij i sooruzhenij, 2019, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 51-61. (In Russian).
28. Travush V. I. et al. The results of experimental studies of designs of square and box sections of high-strength concrete in torsion with bending. Stroitel'stvo i rekonstrukciya, 2018, no. 6, pp. 32-43. (In Russian).
29. Bashirov H. Z. et al. Zhelezobetonnye sostavnye konstrukcii zdanij i sooruzhenij [Reinforced concrete composite structures of buildings and structures]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2017. 248 p. (In Russian).
30. Sedov L. I. Metody podobiya i razmernosti v mekhanike [Similarity and dimension methods in mechanics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1981. 448 p. (In Russian).
31. Kim N. S., Lee J. H., Chang S. P. Equivalent multi-phase similitude law for pseudodynamic test on small scale reinforced concrete models. Engineering Structures, 2009, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 834-846.
- For citation: Kolchunov Vl. I., Fedorov V. S. Conceptual Hierarchy of Models in the Theory of Resistance of Building Structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 8, pp. 16-23. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.08.16-23.