- ARCHITECTURE OF BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES. TOWN PLANNING
- On Preserving Urban Estates Within The New Limits Of Moscow
- UDC 719:72:69.003:658.15 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.06.04-10
Igor' P. PRYADKO, e-mail: PryadkoIP@mgsu.ru
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. In the article, the author analyzes the state of estate complexes located on the territory of New Moscow. The author focuses his attention on several urban and suburban estates, including the country house of the Bergs, Valuevo and Klenovo villages, where remnants of cultural heritage are preserved, to consider several problems of contemporary restoration activities. It is noted that since 2011 the listed objects are under the protection of the Department of cultural heritage of the city of Moscow. The author considers the architectural features both of the estate-park complexes as a single whole, and their constituent elements, such as household buildings, elements of landscape design, and Orthodox church buildings made of stone. This article casts light on some of the difficulties that accompany the restoration of these church buildings, their safety hazards that arose in the post-industrial period, the period when traditional cultural links were disrupted. The comparative-historical method, as well as methods for retrospective analysis of historical sources, generalization and identification of the main features of architectural styles, serve as the basis of this research project.
Key words: estate architecture, Klenovo village, Valuevo village, the Bergs' country house, Classicism, Baroque, restoration.
1. Schloegel K. Urbizid: Europeische Staedte im Krieg. Stadt und Offentlichkeit in Ostmitteleuropa 1900 - 1939. Beitrage zur Entstehung moderner Urbanitat. Marjampole oder Europas Wiederkers aus dem Geist der Staedte. Vienna, 2005, pp. 171-182.
2. Blok A. A. V. Mayakovskomu. 30 (17) December, 1917. Ya luchshej doli ne iskal. Sud'ba A. Bloka v pis'mah, dnevnikah, vospominaniyah [To V. Mayakovsky. December 30 (17), 1917. I haven't looked for a better destiny. The life of A. Blok in letters, diaries, memoirs]. Moscow, Pravda Publ., 1988, p. 478. (In Russian).
3. Shchukina E. P. Podmoskovnye usadebnye sady i parki konca XVIII v. [Mansion gardens and parks located near Moscow in the late 18th century]. Moscow, Institut Nasledie Publ., 2007. 383 p. (In Russian).
4. Ozhegov S. S. Istoriya landshaftnoj arhitektury [History of landscape architecture]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1993, 234 p. (In Russian).
5. Yakupova E. Discovering new Moscow. Moskovsky segodnya, June 15, 2018, no. 17(94), p. 7. (In Russian).
6. Gershkovich E. Lazybones, killer, intriguer and bookworm. Moskovskoe nasledie. Novaya Moskva, 2013, no. 30, pp. 56-61. (In Russian).
7. Regel A. Izyashchnoe sadovodstvo i hudozhestvennye sady [Fine gardening and artistic gardens]. St. Petersburg, 1896. 63 p. (In Russian).
8. Kurbatov V. Sady i parki [Gardens and parks]. St. Petersburg, 1916. 752 p. (In Russian).
9. Vergunov A. P., Gorohov V. A. Russkie sady i parki [Russian gardens and parks]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1988. 418 p. (In Russian).
10. Yakupova E. The church of Princes Cherkassky. Moskovsky segodnya, October 05, 2019, no. 38(159), p. 8. (In Russian).
11. Evangulova O. S. O nekotoryh osobennostyah moskovskoj arhitekturnoj shkoly serediny XVIII v. [On some features of the Moscow architectural school in the middle of the 18th century]. Moscow, MGU Publ., 1976, pp. 259-269. (In Russian).
12. Sedov V. From the Naryshkins to the Empire. Moskovskoe nasledie, 2013, no. 30, pp. 18-25. (In Russian).
13. Dvurechenskaya E. The construction of an eco-path in the Valuevo park is about to be finished. Moskovsky segodnya, July 27, 2019, no. 28(149), p. 3. (In Russian).
14. Zinina A. Ostafyev's wedding march. Novye okruga, no. 31(347), p. 12. (In Russian).
15. Buyanova D. How Lermontov travelled to his grandmother's country house. Metropolitan, May 11, 2018, p. 4. (In Russian).
- For citation: Pryadko I. P. On Preserving Urban Estates within the New Limits of Moscow. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 6, pp. 4-10. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.06.04-10.