- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Influence Of New Design Characteristics Of Wood On Determining The Longitudinal Bending Coefficient
- UDC 624.011.1:539.32(083.75) DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.04.16-20
Dmitriy K. ARLENINOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The standard methodology for calculating the stability of wooden rods, in which the longitudinal bending coefficient depends on the ratio of the elastic modulus to the design resistance is implemented in a linear formulation. The use of this linear method for calculating wooden structures that have a creep in time is due to studies conducted in the last century, in which it was found that this ratio for wood is constant, both during short-term loading and long-term loading. Since then, this characteristic for wood, used in calculations for the design of wooden structures, has not changed practically and the method of calculating the stability has not lost its relevance. But in the latest version of the design standards for wooden structures, the design resistances and elastic modulus for lumber, glued wood and new material made of unidirectional veneer differ depending on the strength classes, and the ratio of the elastic modulus to the design resistance becomes variable. Therefore, the formula for calculating the longitudinal bending coefficient for wooden rods with a flexibility of more than 70, left unchanged in the latest version of the norms, requires adjustment. It is proposed to change this formula taking into account the new values of the calculated strength and deformation characteristics for solid and glued wood elements. At the same time, the method of assigning calculated values of the modulus of wood elasticity is being questioned.
Key words: calculation method, wooden structures, stability, design resistance, elastic modulus.
1. Arleninov D. K. About calculation of wooden structures according to deformed scheme. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2016, no. 1, pp. 43-46. (In Russian).
2. Arleninov D. K., Arleninov P. D. Variable modulus of elasticity of wood. Vestnik MGSU, 2011, no. 1, part. 2, pp. 150-152. (In Russian).
3. Krylov S. B., Arleninov P. D. An engineering approach to solving the problem of bending an elastic-creeping rod. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschyot sooruzhenij, 2013, no. 2, pp. 9-11. (In Russian).
4. Pyatikrestovskij K. P. To the question of the choice of elastic moduli when calculating wooden structures for strength, stability and deformations. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschyot sooruzhenij, 2012, no. 6, p. 7. (In Russian).
5. Klimenko V. Z. Calculation of wooden structures according to deformations and strength according to the deformable scheme. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschyot sooruzhenij, 2012, no. 6, pp. 69-73. (In Russian).
6. Tsepaev V. A. Evaluation of the modulus of elasticity of wood structures. Zhilishchnoe stroitel'stvo, 2003, no. 2, pp. 11-13. (In Russian).
7. Konstrukcii iz dereva i plastmass [Structures made of wood and plastic]. Ed. G. G. Karlsen. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1975. 680 p. (In Russian).
8. Posobie po proektirovaniyu derevyannyh konstrukcij (k SNiP 11-25-80) [A guide to the design of wooden structures (to SNiP 11-25-80)]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1985. 214 p. (In Russian).
9. Rzhanicyn A. R. Stroitel'naya mekhanika [Structural mechanics]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1982. 398 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Arleninov D. K. Influence of New Design Characteristics of Wood on Determining the Longitudinal Bending Coefficient. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 4, pp. 16-20. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.04.16-20.