- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Calculation And Experimental Substantiation Of Optimal Design Of The Welded Joint Of Plates On Ñîver Plates
- UDC 624.078.415 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.03.17-24
Aleksandr A. SEMENOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilya A. PORYVAEV, e-mail: email@example.com
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, ul. Kosmonavtov, 1, Ufa 450062, Russian Federation
Sergei A. SEMENOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renaissance Construction Project, ul. Shatalena, 26, lit. A, Saint-Petersburg 194021, Russian Federation
Anatoly A. MALYARENKO, e-mail: email@example.com
SCAD SOFT, Rubtsovskaya naberezhnaya, 4, korp. 1, Moscow 105082, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article is devoted to the actual problem of assigning optimal parameters for connecting steel plates on cover plates with angular welds that are widely used in construction practice. The article presents the results of a comprehensive study of operation of a welded assembly of the plates connection on cover plates. An algorithm is proposed for determining the optimal parameters of a welded joint with fillet welds on the cover plates, which makes it possible to obtain a strength balanced connection. The results of full-scale tensile tests of models were presented. These results confirmed the correctness of the assumed design assumptions, and made it possible to obtain a form of destruction, not characteristic and not described in the normative literature, expressed by cutting the main elements along the length of the overlap in the joint. The possibility of such a form of destruction was confirmed by the results of numerical research in a nonlinear formulation. The optimal parameters of the nodal welded joint determined by engineering calculation are confirmed by experimental studies, as well as by the results of numerical experiments on models of calculation schemes, taking into account the physical nonlinearity of the material operation. The obtained dependence for determining the bearing capacity of the joint by the cut-off mechanism and the expression for limiting the overlap length of the cover plates will make it possible to predict the nature of the fracture and design equally strong joints.
Key words: welded connection on cover plates, full-strength joint, optimal parameters of nodal welded joint, numerical and full-scale experiments, physical nonlinearity of the material's operation.
1. Permyakov V. A., Perelmuter A.V., Yurchenko V. V. Optimalnoe proektirovanie stalnyh sterzhnevyh konstrukciy [Optimal design of steel bar structures]. Kiev, Stal Publ., 2008. 538 p. (In Russian).
2. Grebenyuk G. I., Kucherenko I. V. A phased algorithm for the optimization of bar structures, including features of the nodes and joints. Izvestiya vuzov. Stroitelstvo, 1997, no. 4, pp. 29-34. (In Russian).
3. Belov V. A. Nesushchaya sposobnost svarnyh soedineniy s flangovymi shvami v stroitelnyh metallicheskih konstrukciyah [Capacity of welded joints with flank welds in steel structures]. Moscow, MGSU Publ., 2012. 136 p. (In Russian).
4. Morozova D. V., Serova V. A. The study of the stress-strain state of steel structures nodes. Vestnik MGSU, 2014, no. 5, pp. 44-50. (In Russian).
5. Bosovyak P. V., Zueva E. P. A universal method for the optimal design of the main structural units of the metal structure of a stationary conveyor with a hanging belt. Vestnik BGU, 2015, no. 1, pp. 32-41. (In Russian).
6. Usmanova E. A., Shahmatov M. V. An integrated approach to assessing the strength of welded T-joints. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Metallurgiya, 2010, no. 34 (210), pp. 54-57. (In Russian).
7. Katyushin V. V. To the calculation of the supporting nodes of the columns according to the criterion of the simultaneous limit state of the base plate and concrete foundation. Vestnik OGU, 2012, no. 4, pp. 263-265. (In Russian).
8. Gubaydulin R. G., Tingaev A. K., Gubaydulin M. R., Yarchihin O. N. Assessment of the bearing capacity of the reinforcing nodes of the structures of the roof. Akademicheskiy vestnik UralNIIproekt RAASN, 2012, no. 1. Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/otsenka-nesuschey-sposobnosti-uzlovusileniya-konstruktsiy-pokrytiya-fsk (accessed 22.06.2018). (In Russian).
9. Sanjeev K. K. A new course on "Welding engineering and design of welded structures" to better train engineering graduates for the future. Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering University of Missouri. USA, Columbia. 2002. MO 65211. Pð. 7.76.1-7.76.8.
10. Hicks J. Welded joint design. Available at: https://www.elsevier.com/books/welded-joint-design/hicks/978-1-85573-386-2 (accessed 22.06.2018).
11. Maddox S. J. Fatigue design optimization in weld joints. Advances in Fatigue Science Technology. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1989. Vol. 159. Pp. 551-568.
12. Tsai C. L., Tsai M. J., Ìññauley R. B. Stress analysis and design of double filet-weldet T-Joints. Welding Research Suplement Journal, 1998, February, pp. 94-102.
13. Semenov A. A., Malyarenko A. A, Poryvaev I. A., Safiullin M. N. Analysis of the stress-strain state of models of nodes of steel structures in the SCAD. Stroitelnaya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 2013, no. 3, pp. 47-56. (In Russian).
14. Semenov A. A., Poryvaev I. A., Safiullin M. N. A virtual laboratory works complex for students of the "Civil engineering" profile using SCAD. Stroitelstvo unikalnyh zdaniy i sooruzheniy, 2014, no. 1, pp. 4-22. (In Russian).
15. Available at: https://connection.ideastatica.com/ (accessed 22.06.2018).
- For citation: Semenov A. A., Poryvaev I. A., Semenov S. A., Malyarenko A. A. Calculation and Experimental Substantiation of Optimal Design of the Welded Joint of Plates on Ñîver Plates. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 3, pp. 17-24. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.03.17-24.