- INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN CONSTRUCTION
- Rational Choice of Information Form Converters for Automated Systems in Construction
- UDC 004:69 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.01.60-65
Alexander I. KONIKOV, å-mail: KonikovAI@mgsu.ru
Moscow State University of Ñivil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. In automated control systems for technical processes, the conversion of a continuous signal into a digital code and vice versa from a digital code to a continuous (analog) value is widely used. For direct type converters often used the term ADC, the reverse - DAC. The characteristics of the converters often dramatically affect the parameters of the entire automated system. The importance of the correct choice of ADCs and DACs has especially increased recently in connection with the mass introduction of microcontrollers MC. Indeed, in addition to the ADC and DAC, it is necessary to place the processor core in the microcontroller's crystal, I/O interfaces and many other elements necessary for the functioning of the MC. The use of information converters in the construction industry imposes additional requirements on converters: for example, in building monitoring systems, precision ADCs with extremely high accuracy are often required (while performance may be low), in other applications it is necessary to provide the necessary parameters at a high level of industrial interference, etc. This article explores issues related to the rational choice of ADCs and DACs, taking into account current trends in the IT field and the specifics of work in the construction industry. Sigma-Delta converters are noted as the most promising models of direct type converters.
Key words: construction industry, analog-digital converter, digital-analog converter, sensor, microcontroller.
1. Konikov A. I. Research into the capabilities of VSAT satellite technology in the construction industry. Bulleten' stroitel'noj tekhniki, 2019, no. 8, pp. 54-55. (In Russian).
2. Konikov A. I. Promising areas in the field of information systems of construction management. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2019, no. 6, pp. 64-69. (In Russian).
3. Ginzburg A. V., Konikov A. I. Research of a number of automation methods in the construction industry. Sistemotekhnika stroitel'stva. Kiberfizicheskie stroitel'nye sistemy : sbornik materialov seminara, provodimogo v ramkah VI Mezhdunarodnoj nauchnoj konferencii [Construction system engineering. Cyberphysical building systems: a collection of materials from the seminar held as part of the VI International scientific conference]. (Moscow, November 14-16, 2018). Moscow, MGSU Publ., 2018, pp. 142-147. (In Russian).
4. Shubin V. I. Mnogogrannost' razvitiya VSAT v Rossii [Diversity of VSAT development in Russia]. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/mnogogrannost-razvitiya-v-rossii-vsat (accessed 18.03.2019). (In Russian).
5. Konikov A., Konikov G. Big Data is a powerful tool for improving the environment in the construction business. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2017, vol. 90, p. 012184.
6. Konikov A. I. Situational control center of buildings operation. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 7, pp. 84-87. (In Russian).
7. Konikov A. I. Research of a number of aspects of using Big Data technology in construction. Byulleten' stroitel'noj tekhniki, 2019, no. 2, pp. 28-29. (In Russian).
8. Konikov A., Kulikova E., Stifeeva O. Research of the possibilities of application of the Data Warehouse in the construction area. MATEC. Web of Conferences 251, 2018, p. 03062.
9. Ivanov N., Gnevanov M. Big data: perspectives of using in urban planning and management. MATEC. Web of Conferences 170, 2018, p. 01107.
10. Gnevanov M. V., Ivanov N. A. Application of technologies "Big Data" in urban planning. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2018, no. 4, pp. 83-87. (In Russian).
11. Volynskov V. E. "Big data" in urban planning. Academia. Arhitektura i stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 2, pp. 29-32. (In Russian).
12. Kitchin R. The data revolution. Big Data, Open Data, Data infrastructures and their consequences. Londres, SAGE Publ., 2014. 240 p.
13. Kagan P. Big data sets in construction. E3S Web Conferences. International science conference SPbWOSCE-2018 "Business technologies for sustainable urban development", 2019, vol. 110.
14. Majer-Shenberger V., Kuk'er K. Bol'shie dannye. Revolyuciya, kotoraya izmenit to, kak my zhivyom, rabotaem i myslim [Big data. A revolution that will change the way we live, work and think]. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov i Ferber Publ., 2014. 240 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Konikov A. I. Rational Choice of Information Form Converters for Automated Systems in Construction. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2020, no. 1, pp. 60-65. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2020.01.60-65.