- ARCHITECTURE OF BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES. TOWN PLANNING
- Reconstruction Of Urban Parks Of Culture And Rest Of The Soviet Period
- ÓÄÊ 712.253:791 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.61-65
Marina V. MAKSIMOVA, e-mail: email@example.com
Alexandra M. MAMATULINA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siberian State Automobile and Highway University, Prospekt Mira, 5, Omsk 644080, Russian Federation
Abstract. This article analyzes the main problems of urban public spaces, because today public spaces can determine the future of cities. It is noted that parks are multifunctional public spaces in the urban environment, as they are an important element of the citywide system of landscaping and recreation, perform health, cultural, educational, aesthetic and environmental functions. The article notes that the need for easily accessible and well-maintained urban parks remains, however, the state of parks in many cities of Russia remains unsatisfactory, requiring reconstruction. A brief historical background of the Park of Culture and Rest of the Soviet period in Omsk is expounded, the analysis of the existing territory of the Park is presented. It is revealed that the Park, being the largest public space in Omsk, does not meet the requirements of modern urbanism, although it represents a great potential for designing the space for the purpose of recreation of citizens. Performed functional zoning scheme of the territory of the Park in question, where its division into functional areas destined for active recreational users of the Park is presented, considered the interests of senior citizens, people with limited mobility, etc. Reconstruction of Parks of the Soviet period can provide the city with additional recreational opportunities, as well as increase its tourist attractiveness.
Key words: urban public spaces, Park of Culture and Rest of Soviet period, landscaping and reconstruction of park, functional scheme of territory zoning.
1. Kapkov S. A. The development of urban public spaces: socio-philosophical aspects. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/ razvitie-gorodskih-obschestvennyh-prostranstv- sotsialno-filosofskie-aspekty (accessed 24.09.2019). (In Russian).
2. Dzhekobs D. Smert' i zhizn' bol'shih amerikanskih gorodov [Death and life of great American cities]. Moscow, Novoe izdatel'stvo Publ., 2011. 460 p. (In Russian).
3. Oldenburg R. The great good place: cafes, coffee shops, bookstores, bars, hair salons, and other hangouts at the heart of a community. New York, Marlowe& Company, 1989. 337 p.
4. Vysokovskij A. A. Sochineniya: v 3 t. T. 1. Teoriya [Works in 3 volumes]. Vol. 1. Theory. Moscow, Gray Matter Publ., 2015, pp. 27-29. (In Russian).
5. Ibid. Vol. 1, p. 110. (In Russian).
6. World Cities Report 2016. Urbanization and Development: Emerging Futures. UN-Habitat, 2016. 262 p.
7. Maksimova M. V., Mamatulina A. M., Protasova D. V. Research of possibilities of reconstruction of parks of the Sovetsk period on the example of OP "Park Sovetskiy". Obrazovanie. Transport. Innovacii. Stroitel'stvo: sbornik materialov II Nacional'noj nauchn.-prakt. konf. [Education. Transport. Innovations. Construction. Proc. of materials of the II National scientific conference, April 18-19, 2019]. Omsk, SibADI Publ., 2019. Pp. 376-382. (In Russian).
8. Maksimova M. V., Mamatulina A. M., Milyutina Ya. P. The study of possibilities of reconstruction of the "PKiO named 30th VLKSM". Ibid, pp. 372-375.
9. Park 30-letiya VLKSM v Omske - chast' istorii bol'shogo goroda. Available at: http://fb.ru/article/344974/park- letiya-vlksm-v-omske-chast-istorii-bolshogo-goroda (accessed 14.01.2019). (In Russian).
- For citation: Maksimova M. V., Mamatulina A. M. Reconstruction of Urban Parks of Culture and Rest of the Soviet Period. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 12, pp. 61-65. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.61-65.