- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Arched Vaults Made of Corrugated Sheets: Natural Vibration Frequencies
- UDC 624.046:624.072.32 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.18-24
Larisa V. KRASOTINA, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Docent, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siberian State Automobile and Highway University, Prospekt Mira, 5, Omsk 644080, Russian Federation
Jörgen ROBRA, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, e-mail: Joergen.Robra@hs-bochum.de
Bochum University of Applied Sciences, Lennershofstrasse, 140, Bochum 44801, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Abstract. According to the recent Russian norms, when designing building structures, it is necessary to conduct a dynamic analysis of wind loads, which previously was required not in all cases. In arched vaults of profiled arched self-supporting flooring, it was not always necessary to determine the frequencies and forms of natural vibrations. These parameters can be established using the finite element method. Taking into consideration the complex and lengthy modeling process of arched vaults, in particular the contact areas in regular transverse joints, a large number of finite elements in the models and, as a consequence, considerable time for their calculation, it was necessary to identify a sufficient level of detailing of a finite element model for correct calculations of frequencies and forms of vibrations considered in the operation of structures. The influence of the detailing of the finite element model of arched vaults made of profiled flooring on the determination of their natural frequency is revealed. To substantiate the parameters of the finite element model, it was studied how the results of the calculation was influenced by edge effects, the presence of friction in the joints of corrugations of the profiled flooring, the influence of rubber gaskets in the joints on the work of the arched vault. Much attention is paid to the features of the design scheme associated with the choice of the number of sheets of profiled flooring, taking into account the contact nodes, friction forces, etc. It is established that the first vibration frequency is little dependent on the number of sheets of corrugated flooring and the presence of rubber gaskets in the joints. For subsequent frequencies, the difference can be significant.
Key words: finite element method, finite element models, frequencies and forms of natural oscillations of arched vaults, median surfaces, plates, border conditions.
1. Baryshnikov S. O., Sukhoterin M. V. Calculation of the frequencies and forms of their own oscillations of the vessel skin panels. Zhurnal universiteta vodnykh kommunikatsiy, 2012, no. 3, pp. 94-103. (In Russian).
2. Barguev S. G., Mizhidon A. D. Determination of natural frequencies and vibration modes of one mechanical system by the method of expansion in Fourier series. Vestnik Buryatskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2011, no. 9, pp. 224-229. (In Russian).
3. Zaglyadova N. A. Natural frequencies and vibration modes of elastic bodies of Passenger-Fat cars. Transport Urala, 2011, no. 2(29), pp. 62-65. (In Russian).
4. Popov N. A. Rekomendatsii po utochnennomu dinamicheskomu raschetu zdaniy i sooruzheniy na deystvie pul'satsionnoy sostavlyayushchey vetrovoy nagruzki [Recommendations on the refined dynamic calculation of buildings and structures on the action of the pulsating component of the wind load]. Moscow, TsNIISK im. V. A. Koucherenko, 2000. 45 p. (In Russian).
5. Berezin M. A., Katyushin V. V. Atlas aerodinamicheskikh kharakteristik stroitel'nykh konstruktsiy [Atlas of aerodynamic characteristics of building structures]. Novosibirsk, Alden-Polygraphy Publ., 2003. 130 p. (In Russian).
6. Zagibalova A. V. Determination of the natural frequency of shallow multi-faceted three-layer shells, taking into account the forces of inelastic resistance. Izvestiya Mezhdunarodnoy akademii agrarnogo obrazovaniya, 2011, no. 12, pp. 30-32. (In Russian).
7. Agakhanov E. K., Kravchenko G. M., Osadchiy A. S., Trufanova E. V. Calculation of buildings of complex geometric shape on wind effects. Vestnik Dagestanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki, 2017, no. 44(2), pp. 8-17. (In Russian).
8. Dau F., Pablo F., Polit O. New reference solutions and parametric study for multi-layered cylindrical shell. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences, 2010, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 133-161.
9. Ahmed M. K. Elastic buckling behavior of a four-lobed cross section, a cylindrical shell with variable thickness under non-uniform axial loads. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2009, pp. 1-17.
10. Krasotina L. V., Krasnoshchekov Yu. V., Mosenkis Yu. M. The use of arched corrugated board in the reconstruction of buildings. Vestnik SibADI, 2009, no. 4(14), pp. 41-45. (In Russian).
11. Bosyakov S. M., Wang Zhiwei. Determination of natural frequencies of free vibrations of a thin cylindrical fiberglass shell under asymmetric boundary conditions. Vestnik Belorusskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya 1: Fizika. Matematika. Informatika, 2011, no. 1, pp. 110-115. (In Russian).
12. Kozar D. M., Krauinsh P. Ya. Determination of the natural frequency of oscillations of the elastic shell and its attached mass. Teoreticheskie i prikladnye aspekty sovremennoy nauki, 2014, no. 1, pp. 21-29. (In Russian).
13. Solomatnikov I. V., Kolesnikov A. G., Stupishin L. Yu. The study of the natural frequencies of free oscillations of shallow shells on a rectangular plan. Materialy I Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii "Problemy stroitel'nogo proizvodstva i upravleniya nedvizhimost'yu [Materials of the I International scientific-practical conference "Problems of construction production and real estate management"]. 2010, pp. 236-239. (In Russian).
14. Kamalov A. Z., Khamidullina A. A. To the question of studying the stress-strain state and stability of arch structures. Izvestiya Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo arkhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta, 2012, no. 4(22), pp. 130-138. (In Russian).
15. Kravchenko G. M., Trufanova E. V., Borisov S. V., Kostenko S. S. Dynamic calculation and analysis of the hemispherical shell of the object covering the "winter garden" of the techno-park of the Rostov State University of Civil Engineering. Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona, 2016, no. 1(40), pp. 41-48. (In Russian).
16. Dyachenko Yu. P., Elenitsky E. Ya., Petrov D. V. Unsteady problems of the dynamics of plates and cylindrical shells of rotation of a stepped section. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Fiziko-matematicheskie nauki, 2011, no. 2(23), pp. 278-288. (In Russian).
17. Efimik V. A. Application of the finite element method to the problem of proper oscillations of rectangular plates and cylindrical shells. Vestnik PNIPU. Aerokosmicheskaya tekhnika, 2014, no. 38, pp. 72-91. (In Russian).
18. Rychkov S. P. Modelirovanie konstruktsiy v srede MSC visual NASTRAN for Windows [Structural modeling in MSC visual NASTRAN for Windows]. Moscow, DMK Press Publ., 2004. 552 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Krasotina L. V., Robra J. Arched Vaults Made of Corrugated Sheets: Natural Vibration Frequencies. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 12, pp. 18-24. (In English). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.18-24.