- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Bearing Capacity of Beams with Sinusoidal Corrugated Webs with Round and Square Holes
- UDC 624.046:624.014.2 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.11-17
Jörgen ROBRA, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, e-mail: Joergen.Robra@hs-bochum.de
Bochum University of Applied Sciences, Lennershofstrasse, 140, Bochum 44801, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Larisa V. KRASOTINA, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Docent, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siberian State Automobile and Highway University, Prospekt Mira, 5, Omsk 644080, Russian Federation
Abstract. Steel beams with sinusoidal corrugated webs are known since the middle of the last century. Their bearing capacity is widely studied, the design rules of these beams are included in the existing regulations, such as "Standards European Committee for Standardisation (CEN): DIN EN 1993:2007-02, Eurocode 3: Bemessung und Konstruktion von Stahlbauten - Teil 1-5: Aus Blechen zusammengesetzte Bauteile", SNiP RK 5.04-23-2002 "Steel Structures. Design Standards." and SP 16.13330.2017 "SNiP II-23-81* Steel Structures". However, there is still an open question about the bearing capacity of sinusoidal corrugated webs of beams with holes bordered with steel sleeves to ensure the stability of the wall. In this paper, a method for calculating beams with sinusoidal corrugated webs, weakened by round and square holes, which are bordered by pipes is proposed. To develop this method of calculation a numerical experiment was conducted. A number of finite element models of such beams with varying web thickness, beam length, diameter and hole location were created and analyzed using the finite element method. ABAQUS computer complex was used for calculations. The result of the research conducted is a technique that makes it possible to determine the bearing capacity of sinusoidal corrugated webs of beams with round and square holes, bordered by pipes. To confirm the theoretical calculations, full-scale tests were carried out.
Key words: steel beams with sinusoidal corrugated webs, mathematical models, finite elements method.
1. Martynyuk A. Ya. SIN-beam. The story that was created in Russia. StroyPROFI, 2014, no 19. Available at: http://stroy-profi.info/archive/11510 (accessed 22.04.2019). (In Russian).
2. Dmitrieva T. L., Ulambayar Kh. To the question of the determination of geometric characteristics of the section of corrugated beams with trapezoidal webs based on the simulation results. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering, 2019, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 29-40.
3. Dmitrieva T. L., Ulambayar H. Use of sin beams in modern design. Izvestiya vuzov. Investitsii. Stroitel'stvo. Nedvizhimost, 2015, no. 4(15), pp. 132-139. (In Russian).
4. Lukin A. O. Corrugated structures in nature and technology. Traditsii i innovatsii v stroitel'stve i arkhitekture. Estestvennye nauki i tekhnosfernaya bezopasnost' [Traditions and innovations in construction and architecture. Natural sciences and technosphere safety collection of articles]. Samara, 2017, pp. 202-206. (In Russian).
5. Yegorov P. I. Additional bending and twisting stresses in a double-T bar with a cross continuous trapezoidal section of crimps in a web. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2007, no. 10, pp. 34-35. (In Russian).
6. Plisenko D. Yu. Features of the use of beams with corrugated wall in construction. Investitsii, stroitel'stvo, nedvizhimost' kak material'nyy bazis modernizatsii i innovatsionnogo razvitiya ekonomiki [Investments, construction, real estate as a material basis for modernization and innovative development of the economy. Materials of the VIII International scientific and practical conference. In 2 parts]. 2018, pp. 780-782. (In Russian).
7. Pasternak H., Robra J., Bachmann V. Corrugated web beams with increased web thickness. Proc. 5th European Conference on Steel and Composite Structures. Graz, Austria, 2008, pp. 1161-1166.
8. Zeman & Co Gesellschaft mbH. Corrugated beams. Technical documentation, 1993. 14 p.
9. Machacek J., Tuma M. Fatigue life of girders with undulating webs. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2006, vol. 62, no. 1-2, pp. 168-177.
10. Huhudei U., Dmitrieva T. L. On the question of research and calculation of an I-beam with a corrugated wall. Knowledge, 2018, no. 5-1(57), pp. 73-79. (In Russian).
11. Solovyov A. V. Accounting for the features of the work of beams with a corrugated wall in the calculations for constrained torsion. Vestnik MGSU, 2012, no. 11, pp. 105-112. (In Russian).
12. Moon J., Yi J., Choi B. H., Lee H. Shear strength and design of trapezoidally corrugated steel webs. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2009, vol. 65, pp. 1198-1205.
13. Kudryavtsev S. V., Kudryavtseva T. L., Romanov K. A. Rekomendatsii po raschetu i proektirovaniyu svarnykh stal'nykh profiley s volnistymi stenkami [Recommendations for the calculation and design of welded steel profiles with wavy walls]. Ekaterinburg, Silur Publ, 2015. 57 p. (In Russian).
14. Kudryavtsev S. V. Kontsentratsiya napryazheniy vblizi krugovykh otverstiy v gofrirovannykh stenkakh balok [The stress concentration near circular holes in the corrugated walls of the beams]. Ekaterinburg, AMB Publ., 2010. 156 p. (In Russian).
15. Pasternak H., Bachmann V. Load bearing characteristics of corrugated web beams with a web thickness of 6 mm (test report). BTU Cottbus, Lehrstuhl für Stahl- und Holzbau, Cottbus, 2008.
16. Pasternak H., Hannebauer D. Träger mit profilierten Stegen. Stahlbau-Kalender Berlin, Verlag Ernst & Sohn, 2004, ss. 449-492.
- For citation: Robra J., Krasotina L. V. Bearing Capacity of Beams with Sinusoidal Corrugated Webs with Round and Square Holes. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 12, pp. 11-17. (In English). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.12.11-17.