- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Effect Of Elevated Temperatures On Complete Concrete Deformation Diagrams
- UDC 691.328.1:624.042.5 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.11.09-14
Igor M. BEZGODOV, e-mail: bezgodovIM@mgsu.ru
Justin ONANA ONANÀ, e-mail: email@example.com
Andrei A. RYNDIN, e-mail: RyndinAndrej1998@mail.ru
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstratc. The analysis of the previous results of the study on concrete stress-strain behavior at elevated temperatures has been carried out. Based on the analysis, the main reasons for strength retrogression and elastic modulus reduction of concrete have been identified. Despite a significant amount of research in this area, there is a large spread in experimental data received, both as a result of compression and tension. In addition, the deformation characteristics of concrete are insufficiently studied: the coefficient of transverse deformation, the limiting relative compression deformation corresponding to the peak load and the almost complete absence of studies of complete deformation diagrams at elevated temperatures. The two testing chambers provided creating the necessary temperature conditions for conducting studies under bending compression and tension have been developed. On the basis of the obtained experimental data of physical and mechanical characteristics of concrete at different temperatures under conditions of axial compression and tensile bending, conclusions about the nature of changes in strength and deformation characteristics have been drawn. Compression tests conducted following the method of concrete deformation complete curves provided obtaining diagrams not only at normal temperature, but also at elevated temperature. Based on the experimental results, dependences of changes in prism strength and elastic modulus as well as an equation for determining the relative deformation and stresses at elevated temperatures at all stages of concrete deterioration have been suggested.
Key words: strength, deformability, elastic modulus, elevated temperature, concrete deformation complete diagrams.
1. Tupov N. I., Kuznetsov V. Ye., Velikoshinskiy A. A., Kruzhkova Z. V. Physical and mechanical properties of concrete for reactor vessels made of prestressed reinforced concrete. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Proektirovanie i stroitel'stvo, 1984, iss. 1(17), pp. 67-75. (In Russian).
2. Krichevskiy A. P., Korsun V. I. Strength and deformability of heavy concrete in a flat stress state under the action of temperatures. Raschet, proyektirovaniye i ispytaniye zhelezobetonnykh konstruktsiy, prednaznachennykh dlya ekspluatatsii v usloviyakh sukhogo zharkogo klimata [Calculation, design and testing of reinforced concrete structures intended for operation in a dry hot climate]. Tashkent, 1985, pp. 100-103. (In Russian).
3. Bezgodov I. M., Malashkin Yu. N. Features of concrete behavior of massive structures under the influence of high temperature and complex stress state. Prochnost i temperaturnaya treshchinostoykost' betonnykh gidrotekhnicheskikh sooruzheniy pri temperaturnykh vozdeystviyakh [Strength and temperature crack resistance of concrete hydraulic structures under temperature influences]. Leningrad, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1989, pp. 173-175. (In Russian).
4. Milovanov A. F. Zhelezobetonnyye temperaturostoykiye konstruktsii [Reinforced concrete temperature resistant structures]. Moscow, Vestor Publ., 2005. 234 p. (In Russian).
5. Ivanov M. A. Influence of elevated temperatures on the strength properties of steel fiber concrete. Izvestiya vuzov. Stroitel'stvo i arkhitektura, 1984, no. 12, pp. 129-131. (In Russian).
6. Korsun V. I., Korsun A. V. Influence of scale factor and elevated temperatures on strength and deformation of high-strength modified concrete. Vestnik MGSU, 2014, no. 3, pp. 179-188. (In Russian).
7. Trekin N. N., Onana Onana J. Use of the deformation model for determining the crack of the bending elements with the account of increased temperatures. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 6, pp. 34-38. (In Russian).
8. Tupov N. I. On the influence of elevated temperature on the strength and deformation properties of concrete. Beton i zhelezobeton, 1967, no. 3, pp. 42-43. (In Russian).
9. Chupak I. M., Voloshin P. P., Olar Ye. A. Strength and deformation properties of concrete at elevated temperatures. Sovershenstvovaniye stroitel'nykh konstruktsiy i stroitel'nogo proizvodstva [Improvement of building structures and construction production]. Kishinev, 1984, pp. 71-76. (In Russian).
10. Kogan Ye. A., Solov'yeva L. D. Influence of increased temperature on deformation properties of concrete isolated from drying. Energeticheskoye stroitel'stvo, 1986, no. 12, pp. 69-71. (In Russian).
11. Levchich V. V., Bennabi Kh., Maksimovich B. Yu. Influence of temperature and humidity on the modulus of deformation of concrete. Vestnik L'vovskogo politekhnicheskogo instituta, 1989, no. 233, pp. 60-61. (In Russian).
12. Aogi Yu., Samoylenko V. N. The strength and deformability of conventional concrete when it is heated. Beton i zhelezobeton, 1987, no. 8, pp. 9-10. (In Russian).
13. Milovanov A. F. Effect of temperature on concrete. Beton i zhelezobeton, 1995, no. 4, pp. 9-13. (In Russian).
14. Krichevskiy A. P. Influence of elevated temperatures on the properties of steamed concrete. Beton i zhelezobeton, 1974, no. 6, pp. 20-22. (In Russian).
15. Bezgodov I. M., Andrianov A. A. Some features of research of high-strength concretes at long loading. Beton i zhelezobeton - puti razvitiya. Nauchnyye trudy 2-oy Vserossiyskoy (Mezhdunarodnoy) konferentsii po betonu i zhelezobetonu [Concrete and reinforced concrete-ways of development. Proc. 2nd all-Russia. conf. on concrete and reinforced concrete]. Moscow, 2005, vol. 2, pp. 342-346. (In Russian).
16. Bezgodov I. M., Levchenko P. Yu. On the method of obtaining complete diagrams of concrete deformation. Tekhnologii betonov, 2013, no. 10, pp. 34-36. (In Russian).
17. Bezgodov I. M., Pakhratdinov A. A., Tkach Ye. V. Physical and mechanical characteristics of concrete on crushed concrete rubble. Vestnik MGSU, 2016, no. 10, pp. 24-23. (In Russian).
18. Bezgodov I. M. On the question of estimating the ultimate relative deformation of concrete under compression for different classes of concrete. Beton i zhelezobeton, 2015, no. 5, pp. 9-11. (In Russian).
19. Panfilov D. A., Pishchulev A. A., Gumadetdinov K. I. Review of diagrams of concrete deformation under compression in national and foreign concrete codes. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2014, no. 3, pp. 80-84. (In Russian).
20. Bezgodov I. M., Dmitrenko Ye. N. Improvement of curvilinear diagrams of concrete deformation. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2019, no. 8, pp. 99-104. (In Russian).
- For citation: Bezgodov I. M., Onana Onanà Ju., Ryndin A. A. Effect of Elevated Temperatures on Complete Concrete Deformation Diagrams. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 11, pp. 9-14. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.11.09-14.