- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Reasons For The Collapse Of Bearing Structures Of The Steel Silo: Design Errors
- UDC 624.046.073.7:624.014.2-41 DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.11.04-08
Artem A. BUNOV, e-mail: BunovAA@mgsu.ru
Vladimir B. DOROZHINSKIY, e-mail: DorozhinskijVB@mgsu.ru
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The problems of choosing the optimal design of a steel silo according to economic and technical indicators are analyzed. The design features of the silos with a flat base are given and the schematic diagram of the metal elements operation of the silo of this type as part of the overall design is described. It is emphasized that when designing the silos it is necessary to have the skills and experience of calculating these structures due to the specifics of their design. The calculation of metal structures of the silo is considered. The method of determining the loads acting on these structures in accordance with the current design standards is shown. The results of determining the efforts in wall panels of the silo obtained manually and with the help of finite element software complex LIRA SOFT 10.8 are presented. The estimation of bearing capacity of elements of metal designs of the silo and their connections among themselves is made. On the basis of the calculation results and survey materials, the causes of the collapse of the silo metal structures are analyzed, photos of the consequences of the collapse are presented. Recommendations on prevention of emergency situations connected with mistakes of silos designing are made.
Key words: steel silo, metal structures, progressive collapse, strength, forces, stresses, finite element software package.
1. Rezuev S. B., Bakaev I. V. Metal silos for grain storage: myths and reality. Khranenie i pererabotka zerna, 2011, no. 7, pp. 34-41. (In Russian).
2. Kuprievich A. B. Metal silos for grain storage in Ukraine. Khranenie i pererabotka zerna, 2011, no. 9, pp. 25-28. (In Russian).
3. Starikov M. Grain storage. What you need to know about metal silos. Available at: https://www.zerno-ua.com/journals/2011/mart-2011-god/hranenie-zerna-chto-nuzhno-znat-pro-metallicheskie-silosy (accessed 17.08.2019). (In Russian).
4. Kachurenko V. V., Bannikov D. O. Efficient corrugated profile for stainless steel containers. Budivelne vyrobnytstvo, 2014, no. 56, pp. 56-60. (In Ukrainian).
5. Nemeth C., Brodniansky J. Silo with a corrugated sheet wall. Journal of Civil Engineering, 2013, vol. 21, iss. 3, pp. 19-30. DOI: 10.2478/sjce-2013-0013.
6. Antonowicza R., Bywalskia C., Kaminskia M. Analysis of loads and structural capacity of steel silo with corrugated wall for pelleted material. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 2014, vol. 20, iss. 3, pp. 372-379. DOI: 10.3846/13923730.2014.906497.
7. Kuprievich A. B. About domestic metal silos. Features of design and construction. Available at: https://www.zerno-ua.com/journals/2011/oktyabr-2011-god/pro-otechestvennye-metallicheskie-silosy-osobennosti-proektirovaniya-i-stroitelstva (accessed 17.08.2019). (In Russian).
8. Kachurenko V.V., Bannikov D.O. Features of modeling the pressure of granular material in corrugated steel elements. Resursosberegayushchie materialy, konstrukcii, zdaniya i sooruzheniya [Resource-Efficient Materials, Structures, Buildings and Facilities]. Pivne Publ., 2014, iss. 28, pp. 367-376. (In Ukrainian).
9. Montellano K. G. Analysis of design methods of metal silos for grain storage. Khranenie i pererabotka zerna, 2018, no. 1, pp. 50-52. (In Russian).
10. Sintsov V. P., Mitrofanov V. A., Sintsov A. V. Design features of steel silo in earthquake-prone areas. Stroitel'stvo i tekhnogennaya bezopasnost', 2015, no. 1, pp. 71-75. (In Russian).
11. Tret'yakov V. B., Ivantsov I. I., Veretel'nik O. V., Atroshenko A. A. Rationale computational models of silo installations. V_snik NTU "KhPI", 2013, no. 1 (975), pp. 139-153. (In Russian).
12. Podgorodetskiy O. A. Topical issues of ensuring operational reliability of silos. Khranenie i pererabotka zerna, 2011, no. 11, pp. 39-44. (In Russian).
13. Izbash M.Yu., Krutova N.A. The feasibility of revitalization of reinforced concrete silos. Naukoviy v_snik bud_vnitstva, 2015, no. 4, pp. 67-71. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nvb_2015_4_18 (accessed 17.08.2019). (In Russian).
- For citation: Bunov A. A., Dorozhinskiy V. B. Reasons for the Collapse of Bearing Structures of the Steel Silo: Design Errors. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 11, pp. 4-8. (In Russian). DOI: 10.33622/0869-7019.2019.11.04-08.