- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Reverse Effect of Structures on Movement of Foundation Soil under Seismic Impacts
- UDC 624.151
Leonid V. NUZHDIN1,2, e-mail: email@example.com
Viktor S. MIKHAYLOV3, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Irina D. YANKOVSKAYA4, e-mail: email@example.com
1 Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, ul. Leningradskaya, 113, Novosibirsk 630008, Russian Federation
2 Perm National Research Polytechnic University, Komsomolskiy prosp., 29, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
3 Scientific and Technical Support Center "SCADSOFT Novosibirsk", ul. Narymskaya, 23, Novosibirsk 630132, Russian Federation
4 Siberian Institute of Design and Research, ul. Baykalskaya, 105a, Irkutsk 664047, Russian Federation
Abstract. The main goal of the presented research is to determine the range and conditions of civil engineering objects, where it is necessary to take into account the effect of interaction between the structure and the base in seismically active areas of construction. Such verification is mandatory according to the norms of nuclear power engineering and can be recommended when realizing the combined asymptotic method for calculation of platform models "Construction - Absolutely Rigid Foundation - Deformative ground base" in the interface of the SCAD Office when constructing objects of civil engineering. The obtained results of the numerical study show the necessity of taking into account reverse influence of fluctuations of the structure on the foundation both of civilian objects and structures of the nuclear industry. The reverse effect of the building leads to a change in the movement of the ground base under the foundation slab compared to the free field of surface movement under the same seismic conditions. Therefore, the accelerograms, taken in the calculation, for 60% of the cases considered should be changed in comparison with the free field accelerograms. Modified accelerograms should take into account the appropriate stress state of soil massif under the foundation slab, the foundation depth and stiffness characteristics of the reinforced or pile foundation.
Key words: seismic impact, interaction of structures with the base, foundation slab, combined asymptotic method, SCAD Office software package.
1. Tyapin A. G. Raschet sooruzhenij na sejsmicheskie vozdejstviya s uchetom vzaimodejstviya s gruntovym osnovaniem [Calculation of structures for seismic effects taking into account the interaction with the ground base]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2013. 392 ð. (In Russian).
2. Tyapin A. G. Platformennye modeli v zadachah ucheta vzaimodejstviya sooruzhenij s osnovaniem pri raschetah na sejsmicheskoe vozdejstviya [Platform models in problems of the account of interaction of constructions with the basis at calculations on seismic influences]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2016. 208 p. (In Russian).
3. Tyapin A. G. Uchet vzaimodejstviya sooruzhenij s osnovaniem pri raschetah na sejsmicheskie vozdejstviya [Taking into account the interaction of structures with the base in calculations for seismic effects]. Moscow, ASV Publ., 2014. 136 p. (In Russian).
4. Tyapin A. G. The differences between the rules of calculation of seismic impact as a potential direction of development of the rules of civil construction. Sbornik statej IX Rossijskoj konferencii po sejsmostojkomu stroitel'stvu [Collection of articles of the IX Russian conference on earthquake engineering]. Sept. 6-9, 2011, Sochi. Moscow, 2011, pp. 43. (In Russian).
5. Birbraer A. N. Raschet konstrukcij na sejsmostojkost' [Calculation of structures for seismic resistance]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1998. 255 p. (In Russian).
6. Osava Y., Kitagava Y., Irie Y. Evaluation of various parameters on response analysis of earthquake motions including soil building system. Sejsmostojkie zdaniya i razvitie teorii sejsmostojkosti (po materialam IV Mezhdunar. konf. po sejsmostojkomu stroitel'stvu) [Earthquake-resistant buildings and development of the theory of seismic resistance (based on the IV International conference on earthquake engineering)]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1984, pp. 116-120. (In Russian).
7. Uzdin A. M., Sandovich T. A., Al'-Naser-Mozomad Samih Amin. Osnovy teorii sejsmostojkosti i sejsmostojkogo stroitel'stva zdanij i sooruzhenij [Fundamentals of the theory of seismic resistance and earthquake-resistant construction of buildings and structures]. St. Petersburg, VNIIG im. B. E. Vedeneeva Publ., 1993, 176 p. (In Russian).
8. Seismic analysis of safety-related nuclear structures and commentary. ASCE 4-98. Reston, Virginia, USA, 1999. 138 p.
9. Evtushenko S. I., Krakhmal'nyi T. A. Investigation of the behavior of strip foundations with complex configuration of the base. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 2017, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 169-172.
- For citation: Nuzhdin L. V., Mikhaylov V. S., Yankovskaya I. D. Reverse Effect of Structures on Movement of Foundation Soil under Seismic Impacts. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 1, pp. 59-64. (In Russian).