- WATER SUPPLY, CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS OF WATER RESOURCES CONSERVATION
- Bank Protection Structures of the Cascade of Water Reservoirs of the Vilia-Minsk Water System
- UDC 519.216.3:627.8
Victor E. LEVKEVICH, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Belarusian National Technical University, Nezavisimosti prosp., 65, korp. 1, Minsk 220013, Republic of Belarus
Abstract. The data of field studies of shore protection structures in the reservoirs of the Vilia-Minsk water system are given, the current state of various types of fastenings is assessed with the reasons for their destruction and the extent of deformation. The article presents the results of field observations of coastal shelter-type structures. It is shown that the most common anchorages of banks and slopes is to protect the surface of slopes in the form of reinforced monolithic or precast slabs. It is determined that the deformations of the slope anchorages are most often represented by the opening of inter-tile construction, temperature and sedimentary seams (the opening width is registered to 0.35 m) which develop under the complex influence of wind waves, fluctuations in levels and other factors. Subsequently, the deformation of the exposed seams lead to the destruction of the attachment. Experimentally, on the basis of physical modeling of deformations of slopes made in the hydrotechnical laboratory of the Belarusian National University on models of soil supporting structures protected by reinforced concrete fastening, it was established that as a result of opening the seams of the plates, the sand-gravel preparation and the formation of sinuses and niches in the body of the support structure occur , which leads to significant processing of the ground slope. The coastal protection structures of the active type in the form of laid and beach slopes are considered. The dependencies on the calculation of slope deformations are obtained on the basis of a generalization of the data of field observations.
Key words: reservoir, cascade, water system, coast, slope, types of mounting slope, deformation, abrasion, processing, bank protection, dynamic balance profile, linear coastal retreat, volume erosion.
1. Maximchuk V. L. Ratsional'noe ispol'zovanie i okhrana beregov vodokhranilishch [Rational use and protection of the banks of reservoirs]. Kiev, Budivelnik Publ., 1981. 112 p. (In Russian).
2. Pyshkin B. A. Dinamika beregov vodokhranilishch [Dynamics of the banks of reservoirs]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1973. 416 p. (In Russian).
3. Sapozhnikov G. P., Levkevich E. M. From the experience of exploitation of the anchorages of the upper slopes of earth dams and the banks of the reservoirs of the BSSR. Water Management of Belarus, 1977, iss. 7, pp. 97-105. (In Russian).
4. Saplyukov F. V.,Lenartovich E. S. Protection of banks and dams on water bodies from destruction by wind waves. Melioration and Water Management, 1976, no.10, pp. 12-18. (In Russian).
5. Levkevich V. E. Experience in exploitation of coastal protection structures in Belarus. Melioration and Water Management, 1991, no. 5, pp. 66-74. (In Russian).
6. Levkevich V. E. Dinamicheskaya ustoychivost' beregov vodokhranilishch Belarusi [Dynamic stability of the banks of the reservoirs of Belarus]. Minsk, Pravo and ekonomika Publ., 2015. 307 p. (In Russian).
7. Levkevich V. E. Dinamika beregovykh protsessov ruslovykh, nalivnykh i ozernykh vodokhranilishch Belarusi [Dynamics of coastal processes of channel, bulk and lake reservoirs of Belarus]. Minsk, Pravo i ekonomika Publ., 2015. 202 p. (In Russian).
8. Levkevich V. E., Novikov A. A., Buzuk A. V. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po otsenke ustoychivosti krepleniy verkhovykh otkosov damb, plotin i beregov vodokhranilishch Belarusi [Methodological recommendations on the assessment of the stability of the anchorages of the upper slopes of dams, dams and shores of the reservoirs of Belarus]. Minsk, Team-engineer. Institute of Emergency Situations of the Republic Belarus Publ., 2015. 54 p. (In Russian).
9. Mikhnevich E. I. Ustoychivost' rusl otkrytykh vodotokov [Stability of the channels of open streams]. Minsk, Urajay Publ., 1988. 240 p. (In Russian).
10. Mikhnevich E. I., Levkevich V. E. Stability of the banks of reservoirs when forming a profile of dynamic equilibrium in incoherent soils. Melioration, 2016, no. 4(78), pp. 18-23. (In Russian).
11. Mikhnevich E. I., Bogoslavskiy P. M., Volodko E. A. Ensuring the stability of dams for flood protection on the Goryn. Science and Technology, Minsk, 2013, no. 5, pp. 34-39. (In Russian).
12. TCH 45-3.04-170-2009. Gidrotekhnicheskie sooruzheniya. Pravila opredeleniya nagruzok i vozdeystviy (volnovykh, ledovykh i ot sudov) [Hydraulic engineering structures. Rules for determining loads and impacts (wave, ice and ships)]. Minsk, Ministry of Architecture Publ., 2011. 73 p.
13. Levkevich V. Ye. Dinamika formirovaniya beregov malykh ravninnykh vodokhranilishch [Dynamics of the formation of the shores of small plain reservoirs]. Riga, LAP LAMBERT Publ., 2018. 149 p. (In Russian).
14. Levkevich V. E. Gidromorfodinamika pribrezhnoy zony vodokhranilishch GES Belarusi [Hydromorphodynamics of the coastal zone of the reservoirs of the hydropower station of Belarus]. Minsk, Law and Economics Publ., 2018. 143 p. (In Russian).
15. Kanarsky V. S. Ustoychivost' i prochnost' otkosov zemlyanykh sooruzheniy [Stability and strength of slopes of earthworks]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1982. 146 p. (In Russian).
16. Shajtan V. S. Proektirovanie kreplenij zemlyanyh otkosov na vodohranilishchah [Design of earth slope anchorages on reservoirs]. Moscow, Gosstrojizdat Publ., 1962. 215 p. (In Russian).
17. Nechiporovich A. A. Plotiny iz mestnykh materialov [Dams from local materials]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1973. 320 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Levkevich V. E. Bank Protection Structures of the Cascade of Water Reservoirs of the Vilia-Minsk Water System. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 1, pp. 48-58. (In Russian).