- BUILDING STRUCTURES, BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- Experimental Studies of Multilayer Glass Structures on Compression, Compression with Bending and Simple Bending
- UDC 691.615.5.001.6:624.072.2
Alexander A. BUBIS, å-mail: email@example.com
Ivan I. VEDYAKOV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander M. KAHNOWSKII, å-mail: email@example.com
Denis V. KONIN, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander V. MALKIN, e-mail: email@example.com
Artem I. PETROSYAN, å-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Irina V. RTISCHEVA, e-mail: email@example.com
JSC Research Center of Construction, Research Institute of Building Constructions (TSNIISK) named after V. A. Koucherenko, 2-ya Institutskaya ul., 6, Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
Abstract. The work of multilayer glass structures for central and eccentric compression and bending are considered. The substantiation of the chosen research topic is made. The description and features of laminated glass for the structures investigated, their characteristics are presented. The analysis of the results obtained when testing for compression, compression with bending, simple bending of models of columns, beams, samples of laminated glass was made. Overview of the types and nature of destruction of the models are presented, diagrams of material operation are constructed, average values of the resistance of the cross-sections of samples are obtained, the table of destructive loads is generated. The need for development of a set of rules and guidelines for the design of glass structures, including laminated glass, for bearing elements, as well as standards for testing, rules for assessing the strength, stiffness, crack resistance and methods for determining the strength of control samples is emphasized. It is established that the strength properties of glass depend on the type of applied load and vary widely, and significantly lower than the corresponding normative values of the strength of heat-strengthened glass. The effect of the connecting polymeric material and manufacturing technology of laminated glass on the strength of the structure is also shown. The experimental values of the elastic modulus are different in different directions of the cross section and in the direction perpendicular to the glass layers are two times less than along the glass layers.
Key words: glass, column, beam, heat-strengthened glass, laminated glass, glass structure, translucent facade, elastic modulus, strength.
1. Dubynin N. V., Magaj A. A. The modern glass in architecture of multipurpose buildings. Stroitel'nye materialy, 2010, no. 4, pp. 108-112. (In Russian).
2. Ptuhina I. S., Drozdeckaya M. A., Chislova M. M., Shatornaya A. M. Glass as material of the bearing columns. Innovacii v nauke, 2017, no. 6, pp. 74-78. (In Russian).
3. Zazhigalkin A. V., Smirnov M. I., Chesnokov A. G., Kizilov S. N. Technical regulation in the field of structural glass. Standarty i kachestvo, 2011, no. 10, pp. 18-21. (In Russian).
4. Melnikova S. S., Panchuk N. N. Glass designs in architecture. Novye idei novogo veka: materialy mezhdunarodnoj nauchnoj konferencii FAD TOGU [New ideas of a new century: materials of the TOGA FAD international scientific conference], Khabarovsk, 2013, vol. 3, pp. 244-250. (In Russian).
5. Gogin A. G. Load-bearing frames from glass. Nauchnye issledovaniya i razrabotki studentov: sbornik materialov nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii [Research and development of students: collection of materials of a scientific and practical conference] Sept. 5, 2016. Cheboksary, Interaktiv plus Publ., 2016, pp. 69-71. (In Russian).
6. Zubkov V. A., Kondrat'eva N. V. Glass causes of destruction. Tradicii i innovacii v stroitel'stve i arhitekture. Stroitel'stvo [Traditions and innovations in construction and architecture. Construction]. Samara, SGASU Publ., 2015, pp. 44-47. (In Russian).
7. Dem'yanenko M. A., Stratij P. V. Bases of projection of load-bearing frames from glass. Sistemnye tekhnologii, 2018, no. 1(26), pp. 168-172. (In Russian).
- For citation: Bubis A. A., Vedyakov I. I., Kahnowskii A. M., Konin D. V., Malkin A. V., Petrosyan A. I., Rtischeva I. V. Experimental Studies of Multilayer Glass Structures on Compression, Compression with Bending and Simple Bending. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2019, no. 1, pp. 22-30. (In Russian).