- BUILDING MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
- Research in Influence of Wall Thinness of Round Section Pipes on Stability under Central and Eccentric Compression
- UDC 624.075.2
Denis V. KONIN, e-mail: email@example.com
Alexander R. OLUROMBI, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
JSC Research Center of Construction, Research Institute of Building Constructions (TSNIISK) named after V. A. Koucherenko, 2-ya Institutskaya ul., 6, Moscow 109428, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article deals with the operation of steel compressed-bent tubes of low flexibility. The influence of the thinness of the pipe (the ratio of diameter to wall thickness) on its stability is investigated. Round tubes with different flexibility, thinness and eccentricity of the application of longitudinal compressive force were taken as an object of the study. A simplified analytical method for calculating pipes for stability based on a rod model is presented. The calculation in this way was performed using the mathematical program Maple. The calculation results are compared with the finite element calculation in the Ansys software package and the normative calculation according to the current set of rules. Comparison of the obtained results helps to determine the influence of local stability of the wall when calculating the longitudinal bending and to establish a conditional boundary of the applicability of the rod model for solving similar problems, namely, that the rod model is not suitable for determining the bearing capacity under the off-center compression of pipes with a wall thinness of more than 45-50.
Key words: steel pipe, calculation for stability under central and off-center compression, rod model, critical force.
1. Konin D. V. et al. Implementation of new profiles and steels of various strength class on examples of most complainted buildings. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 2016, no. 2, pp. 71-75. (In Russian).
2. Konin D. V., Odesskiy P. D., Olurombi A. R. Influence of stress-strain curve on the stability of high-strength steel pipes. Stroitel'stvo i rekonstruktsiya, 2017, no. 5, pp. 15-19. (In Russian).
3. Il'yasevich S. A. Stal'nyye konstruktsii iz trub [Steel structures made of pipes]. Moscow, Stroyizdat Publ., 1973. 192 p. (In Russian).
4. Perel'muter A. V., Slivker V. I. Ustoychivost' ravnovesiya konstruktsiy i rodstvennyye problemy [Stability of structural equilibrium and related problems]. Moscow, SKAD SOFT Publ., 2007. 655 p. (In Russian).
5. Posobiye po proyektirovaniyu stal'nykh konstruktsiy (k SNiP II-23-81*) [Manual on the design of steel structures (to SNiP II-23-81*)]. Moscow, 1989. 150 p. (In Russian).
6. Kudishin Yu. I., Belenya E. I., Ignat'yeva V. S. et al. Metallicheskiye konstruktsii. [Metal constructions]. Moscow, Akademiya Publ., 2011. 685 p. (In Russian).
7. Kol'zeyev A. A. Estimation of influence of the closed form of section on the stability of compressed steel rods of three-flange trusses. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Stroitel'stvo, 2012, no. 11-12, pp. 108-113. (In Russian).
8. Leytes S. D. Ustoychivost' szhatykh stal'nykh sterzhney [Stability of compressed steel rods]. Moscow, Gosstroyizdat Publ., 1952. 309 p. (In Russian).
9. Vol'mir A. S. Ustoychivost' deformiruyemykh sistem [Stability of deformable systems]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1967. 984 p. (In Russian).
10. Bleykh F. Ustoychivost' metallicheskikh konstruktsiy [Buckling strength of metal structures]. Moscow, Gosfizmatizdat Publ., 1959. 544 p. (In Russian).
11. Zhu J. H., Young B. Numerical modeling and design approach of aluminum alloy tubular. Tubular structures XII. Proceedings of the 12th international symposium on tubular structures. Shanghai, Ñhina, 2008, pp. 553-561.
12. Trushin S. I., Ivanov S. A. Numerical study of the stability of a poly cylindrical shell with the account of physical and geometric nonlinearities under different border conditions. Stroitel'naya mekhanika i raschet sooruzheniy, 2011, no. 5, pp. 43-46. (In Russian).
13. Kol'zeyev A. A. Comparative evaluation of the longitudinal bending coefficients of compressed steel pipes from pipes. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Stroitel'stvo, 2011, no. 3, pp. 105-110. (In Russian).
14. Vlasov V. Z. Tonkostennyye uprugiye sterzhni [Thin-walled elastic rods]. Moscow, Gosfizmatizdat Publ., 1989. 568 p. (In Russian).
15. Trushin S. I., Ivanov S. A. Stability of elastic-plastic cylindrical shells in the process of static loading and unloading. Promyshlennoye i grazhdanskoye stroitel'stvo, 2012, no. 3, pp. 33-34. (In Russian).
16. Pikul' V. V. Shells stability. Problemy mashinostroeniya i avtomatizatsii, 2012, no. 2, pp. 81-87.
17. Chan T. M., Gardner L. Structural performance of stainless steel oval hollow sections. Tubular structures XII. Proceedings of the 12th international symposium on tubular structures. Shanghai, Ñhina, 2008, pp. 535-543.
- For citation: Konin D. V., Olurombi A. R. Research in Influence of Wall Thinness of Round Section Pipes on Stability under Central and Eccentric Compression. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 12, pp. 42-48 (In Russian).