- STRUCTURAL MECHANICS
- Designing the Protection of Buildings and Structures Against Progressive Collapse in View of the Emergence of a Special Limiting State
- UDC 721.011.004.6:699.8
Emil N. KODYSH, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Scientific Research and Project Experimental Institute of Industrial Buildings and Constructions, Dmitrovskoe shosse, 46, korp. 2, Moscow 127238, Russian Federation
Abstract. On the basis of the analysis of the previously used reference documents in our country, the 5 general principles of protection against progressive collapse laid down in them are formulated. The foreign experience in protection is also examined and the similarity of the calculated principles of American norms and Eurocode is shown. There are 3 commonly used basic methods of protection. The analysis of new regulatory documents showed the presence of contradictions in them. The article presents the results of an experimental computational analysis of the protection against the progressive collapse of reinforced concrete multi-storey buildings of various structural schemes according to the normative documents of 2017-2018 and stresses the complexity of implementing the protection of single-storey manufacturing buildings. In order to minimize the costs of measures to protect buildings from progressive collapse, several proposals are given, which, after consideration, can be fixed in regulatory documents. The final part raises the issue of the transition to the most promising method for calculating the protection of buildings against progressive collapse - probabilistic. The introduction of this method, starting with the base calculation, in addition to the economic effect, will improve the reliability and ensure the specified durability.
Key words: progressive collapse, special limiting state, stability, local destruction, bearing structures, level of responsibility, probabilistic method.
1. Kodysh E. N., Trekin N. N., Chesnokov D. A. Protection of multistory buildings from progressing collapse. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2016, no. 6, pp. 8-13. (In Russian).
2. Travush V. I., Kolchunov V. I., Klyueva N. V. Some directions of development of survivability theory of structural systems of buildings and structures. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2015, no. 3, pp. 4-9. (In Russian).
3. Bondarenko V. M., Kolchunov V. I. The concept and directions of development of the theory of structural safety of buildings and structures under the Influence of force and environmental factors. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2013, no. 2, pp. 28-31. (In Russian).
4. Kolchunov V. I., Osovskih E.V., Al'kadi S. A. Deformation and destruction of reinforced concrete frame-rod structural systems of multi-storey buildings under beyond-limit conditions. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2017, no. 8, pp. 73-77. (In Russian).
5. Travush V. I., Fedorova N. V. Survivability parameter calculation for framed structural systems. Russian Journal of Building Construction and Architecture, 2017, no. 1(33), pp. 6-14.
6. Kodysh E. N., Trekin N. N. Sustainability of precast concrete braced frame buildings from progressive collapse. Predotvrashchenie avarij zdanij i sooruzhenij [Ñollection of science works "The prevention of accidents of building and constructions"]. Moscow, 2009, pp. 142-146. (In Russian).
7. Almazov V. O., Plotnikov A. I., Rastorguev B. S. Problems of building resistance to progressive collapse. Vestnik MGSU, 2011, no. 2-1, pp. 16-20. (In Russian).
- For citation: Kodysh E. N. Designing the Protection of Buildings and Structures Against Progressive Collapse in View of the Emergence of a Special Limiting State. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 10, pp. 95-101. (In Russian).