- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Providing the Durability of Hydrotechnical Piles Submerged by Compact Methods
- UDC 624.157
Anatoliy A. GONCHAROV, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. The main factors of influence on the durability of piles immersed by impact methods and operated in contact with an aggressive environment are given. On the basis of the analysis of previous works on this issue and the conducted studies, the main activities that need to be carried out when designing and executing works for construction of pile foundations in the area of aggressive environment are formulated. The main condition for ensuring the integrity of piles when driving and the subsequent durability is to limit the dynamic stresses acting during installation. Modern hydraulic hammers make it possible to adjust the dynamic stresses within the specified admissible limits. To ensure that piles can be submerged at an increased value of the acting stresses, it is also necessary to increase the concrete strength class to a value not lower than B40. In this case, the pre-stress of the reinforcement should not exceed 0.23 of the prismatic strength of concrete. To prevent corrosion of reinforcement it is necessary to introduce additives-corrosion inhibitors into the concrete. When the pile comes into contact with a corrosive environment, waterproof coatings must be used during installation.
Key words: dynamic stresses, dynamic module of concrete elasticity, micro-destructions, boundaries of micro-cracks formation, shock pulse, healing of micro-defects, potentiometric measurements, depassivation of reinforcement.
1. Gladkov V. S., Goncharov A. A., Egorycheva T. K. About influence of compression stresses on durability of concrete and reinforced concrete. Tr. CNIIS "Voprosy dolgovechnosti betona transportnyh sooruzhenij" [Proc. CNIIS "Questions of durability of concrete of transport constructions"]. Moscow, 1979, pp. 17-19. (In Russian).
2. Moskvin V. M., Kapkin M. M., Mazur B. M., Podval'nyj A. M. Stojkost' betona i zhelezobetona pri otricatel'noj temperature [Resistance of concrete and reinforced concrete at negative temperature]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1967. 106 p. (In Russian).
3. Goncharov A. A., Ivanov F. M. Frost resistance of concrete of different strength, loaded with compression. Gidrotekhnicheskoe stroitel'stvo, 1969, no. 6, pp. 8-11. (In Russian).
4. Gladkov V. S., Goncharov A. A. Recommendations for improving the durability of prestressed concrete piles for offshore structures. Tr. CNIIS, no. 69. [Proc. CNIIS]. Moscow, 1970, pp. 23-27. (In Russian).
5. Gladkov V. S., Goncharov A. A. Research of durability of reinforced concrete piles. Tr. CNIIS "Primenenie zhelezobetonnyh konstrukcij v surovyh klimaticheskih usloviyah" [Proc. CNIIS "Application of reinforced concrete structures in severe climatic conditions"]. Moscow, 1974, no. 78, pp. 112-117. (In Russian).
6. Goncharov A. A., Veselov A. V. Influence of parameters of immersion of reinforced concrete piles on the subsequent frost resistance of concrete. Tr. 2-go Koordinacionnogo soveshchaniya "Tekhnologiya vozvedeniya svajnyh fundamentov" [Proc. "Technology of construction of pile foundations"]. Vladivostok, 1988, pp. 34-36. (In Russian).
7. Goncharov A. A., Al' Hamaui M. Influence of parameters of immersion of reinforced concrete piles on the subsequent safety of steel reinforcement. Tr. Vsesoyuznoj konferencii "Aktual'nye problemy v stroitel'stve" [Proc. All-Union conference "Actual problems in construction"]. Voronezh, 1987, pp. 76-79. (In Russian).
8. Goncharov A. A. Limitation of dynamic stresses during pile driving. Sb. tr. nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferencii Instituta stroitel'stva i arhitektury MGSU [Proc. of the scientific and technical conference of the Institute of Construction and Architecture]. Moscow, 2010, pp. 190-192. (In Russian).
9. Romanovskij D. V., Zinov'ev V. N. Investigation of concrete micro-cracking under repeated cyclic loading and unloading by ultrasonic pulse method. 3-ya Vserossijskaya (2-ya Mezhdunarodnaya) konferenciya po betonu i zhelezobetonu [3rd all-Russian (2nd international) conference on concrete and reinforced concrete]. Moscow, 2014, vol. 1, pp. 94-106. (In Russian).
10. Selyaev V. P., Novichkov P. I., Novichkova E. N., Kimyaeva E. V. Stress state in concrete due to reinforcement corrosion. Materialy konf. "Dolgovechnost' stroitel'nyh materialov, izdelij i konstrukcij" [Materials of the conference "Durability of building materials, products and structures"]. Saransk, MGU, pp. 127-135. (In Russian).
11. Migunov V. N., Ovchinnikov I. G., SHamshina K. V. Methods and results of experimental electrochemical studies on direct models of reinforced concrete elements of the influence of variable load on the corrosion of reinforcement in the calculated transverse cracks of concrete. Internet-zhurnal "Naukovedenie", 2015, no. 4, p. 86. (In Russian).
12. Migunov V. N., Shamshina K. V. Methods and results of long-term experimental tests of direct models of reinforced concrete elements to study the effect of variable and constant load under the influence of liquid chloride-containing medium on the kinetics of electrochemical and physical characteristics of corrosion of reinforcement in the transverse cracks of the protective layer of concrete. Sb. statej 15 Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferencii [Collection of articles of 15 International scientific and technical conference]. Penza, 2015, pp. 146-149. (In Russian).
13. Goncharov A. Corrosion of valves in precast piles. Proc. of Conference FarEastCon, Vladivostok, 2017.
- For citation: Goncharov A. A. Providing the Durability of Hydrotechnical Piles Submerged by Compact Methods. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 10, pp. 89-94. (In Russian).