- BASES AND FOUNDATIONS, UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES
- Designing of Slab Foundations for Buildings on Weak Bases in Seismic Zones Using the Eurocode Methods
- UDC 692.1
Amirlan A. KUSSAINOV, e-mail: email@example.com
Vitaliy A. KHOMYAKOV, e-mail: Khomyakov57@list.ru
Valeriya V. GUMENYUK, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kazakh Leading Architectural and Civil Engineering Academy, 28, Ryskulbekov street, Almaty 050043, Republic of Kazakhstan
Abstract. The article examines the problems of erecting buildings under the complex engineering-geological conditions on the example of a multi-storey building with a three-storey underground part constructed on a weak and collapsible soil. The method of calculation of the strengthened base on the basis of application of the principles of the Eurocode is presented. Based on physical modeling with the use of special vibrating chute, laboratory research in the effectiveness of weak soil strengthening with the help of vertical reinforcing elements was conducted. Strengthening involves the arrangement in soil of special rolled-out wells filled with low-strength cement. A comparative analysis of the results of calculations of the slab foundation of a multi-storey building on a natural and reinforced base, including seismic actions in accordance with SNiP 2.03.30-2006 "Construction in seismic regions. Design regulations." and on the new regulatory framework identical to the Eurocodes, according to SN RK EN 1998-1: 2004/2012 "Design of seismic structures", was made. Calculations were performed using modern software complexes Lira SAPR and Midas.
Key words: base, foundation, soil reinforcement, well, seismic action, response spectrum.
1. Abakanov M. S. On the improvement of the norms on earthquake-resistant construction of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Trudy Evrazijskogo foruma po sejsmicheskoj bezopasnosti sooruzhenij i gorodov [Proc. of the Eurasian forum on the seismic safety of structures and cities]. Moscow, 2017. (In Russian). Available at: http://2017.seismo.ru./files/Abakanov.pdf (accessed 21.05.2018).
2. Esenberlina D. I., Uteshov D. S. Eurocodes are a safe construction in Kazakhstan. Vestnik KazGASA, 2014, no. 2(52), pp. 183-185. (In Russian).
3. Fomin A. P., Shchukin S. N. Accelerate the consolidation of weak soils. Avtomobil'nye dorogi, 2015, no. 6(1003), pp. 86-89. (In Russian).
4. Akin M. K. Experimental studies on the physic-mechanical properties of jet-grout columns in sandy and silty soils. Journal of African Earth Sciences, 2016, vol. 116, pp. 190-197.
5. Ter-Martirosyan Z. G., Ter-Martirosyan A. Z., Sidorov V. V. Experience of transformation of weak water-saturated soils using piles of finite stiffness. Vestnik MGSU, 2018, vol. 13, iss. 3(114), pp. 271-281. (In Russian).
6. Kirsch K., Kirsch F. Ground improvement by deep vibratory methods. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017, 234 p.
7. Croce P., Flora A., Modoni G. Jet Grouting. Technology, design and control. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014, 302 p.
8. Güllü H. Comparison of rheological models for jet grout cement mixtures with various stabilizers. Construction and Building Materials, 2016, vol. 127, pp. 220-236.
9. Birbaer A. N. Raschet konstrukcij na sejsmostojkost [Seismic analysis of structures]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1998. 253 p. (In Russian).
10. Abelev M. Yu., Abelev K. M. Geotechnical studies of construction sites, composed of weak, water-saturated clay soils. Geotekhnika, 2010, no. 6, pp. 30-33. (In Russian).
11. Barksdale R. D., Bachus R. C. Desing and construction of stone columns. FHWA/RD-83/026, US Department of Transportation, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 1983. 194 p.
12. EN 14731:2005E CEN. Execution of special geotechnical works - ground treatment by deep vibration.
13. Priebe H. J. Die Bemessung von Rüttelstopfverdichter. Bautechnik, 1995, no. 3, vol. 72, pp. 183-191.
14. Kusainov A. A., Khomyakov V. A., Gumenyuk V. V. The use of the generalized computational model of a soil foundation in geotechnical calculations. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo, 2013, no. 7, pp. 51-56. (In Russian).
15. Khomyakov V. A., Abdenbay S. B. Analysis of the stability of a multi-storey building for seismic impacts. Vestnik KazGASA, 2018, no. 1(67), pp. 173-178. (In Russian).
16. Medvedev S. V., Karapetyan B. K., Byhovskij V. A. Sejsmicheskie vozdejstviya na zdaniya i sooruzheniya. Rukovodstvo po proektirovaniyu sejsmostojkih zdanij i sooruzhenij [Seismic impacts on buildings and structures. Guidelines for the design of earthquake-resistant buildings and structures]. Moscow, Strojizdat Publ., 1970. Vol. 1. 191 p. (In Russian).
- For citation: Kussainov A. A., Khomyakov V. A., Gumenyuk V. V. Designing of Slab Foundations for Buildings on Weak Bases in Seismic Zones Using the Eurocode Methods. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 10, pp. 81-88. (In Russian).