- INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN CONSTRUCTION
- Development of Methods for Hydraulic and Mathematical Modeling of Processes of Integrated Wastewater Treatment for Nitrogen Compounds at Bio-Filters
- UDC 628.3
Elena S. GOGINA, e-mail: GoginaES@mgsu.ru
Olga V. YANTSEN, e-mail: YantsenOV@mgsu.ru
Tatiana N. BOBYLEVA, e-mail: BobylevaTN@mgsu.ru
Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University), Yaroslavskoe shosse, 26, Moscow 129337, Russian Federation
Abstract. Methods for the simulation of wastewater treatment processes at bio-filters are considered. The problems of removal of nitrogen compounds from wastewater at wastewater treatment plants of small capacity are analyzed. Since most of wastewater treatment plants of small capacity have bio-filters in their structure, it is the plants which a special attention is paid. The technique of thorough removal of nitrogen compounds at bio-filters is developed and tested, laboratory studies of various technological schemes of denitrification and nitrification are conducted. The conducted studies show the reasonability of using bio-filters for integrated treatment of domestic sewage for nitrogen compounds. Based on the results of the work, it can be concluded that the studies of the denitrification-nitrification system using bio-filters have shown the feasibility of its use for integrated treatment of wastewater for nitrogen compounds with the provision of regulatory indicators for discharge into the reservoir of fishery use. The results of sanitary - chemical analyzes and studies of the formed biomass are given. Based on the data obtained, the laboratory models for hydraulic modeling and simulation of denitrification-nitrification processes at bio-filters have been developed. The mathematical model is modified; for calculating the height of the bio-filters, specific mathematical dependences for the studied feed material are received. The modified mathematical model, which can be used for calculation of the height of biological filters loaded with the planar cylindrical material, is proposed.
Key words: wastewater treatment, bio-filter, ammonium nitrogen, bio-film, denitrification-nitrification, modeling, hydraulic model, feed material.
1. Gul'shin I. A., Makisha N. A. Development of low-oxygen technology of wastewater treatment from nitrogen compounds in the circulating oxidation channel. Nauchnoe obozrenie, 2015, no. 19, pp. 120-124. (In Russian).
2. Kulakov A. A. Improvement of small capacity waste water treatment plants. Nailuchshie dostupnye tekhnologii vodosnabzheniya i vodootvedeniya, 2017, no. 5, pp. 34-43. (In Russian).
3. Regulation of the minister of environment from 18th of November 2014 on conditions to be met for disposal of treated sewage into water and soil and concerning substances harmful to the environment. Poland. Dz.U.2014, no. 1800. Available at: http://extwprlegs1.fao.org/docs/pdf/pol151939.pdf (accessed 24.03.2018).
4. Verordnung über Anforderungen an das Einleiten von Abwasser in Gewässer AbwV. Abwasserverordnung, vom 17. Juni 2004. Deutschland. Available at: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/abwv (accessed 24.03.2018).
5. Gogina E. S., Tereshhuk M. N. Design features of biological treatment plants at high and low temperatures. Voda Magazine, 2008, no. 11(15), pp. 38-48. (In Russian).
6. Panteleva Ya. S., Gul'shin I. A. On the issue of improving the efficiency of wastewater treatment by biological methods. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2015, no. 6(84), pp. 582-583. (In Russian).
7. Salomeev V. P. Integrated wastewater treatment in bioreactors with attached bimass. Voda Magazine, 2016, no. 5(105), pp. 38-43. (In Russian).
8. Zaletova N. A., Morozova N. V., Bulychev I. O. Changing priorities in urban wastewater treatment technologies over time. Sistemnye tekhnologii, 2018, no. 2(27), pp. 89-94. (In Russian).
9. Kulakov A. A., Makisha N. A., Shafigullina A. F., Harder R. The study of the sedimentation properties of the sludge mixture of urban waste water treatment plants. Vestnik MGSU, 2018, vol. 13, no. 5(116), pp. 643-650. (In Russian).
10. Voronov Yu. V., Zaletova N. A., Chembulatova G. Sh. Biological oxidizers. Voda i ehkologiya: problemy i resheniya, 2016, no. 3(67), pp. 56-66. (In Russian).
11. Makisha N. A., Yantsen O.V. Laboratory modeling and research of waste water treatment processes in biofilters with polymer feed. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014, vol. 587-589, pp. 640-643.
12. Gogina E. S., Yantsen O. V., Bobyleva T. N. Technological scheme of wastewater treatment on biofilters with four alternating zones with different oxygen content. Yakovlevskie chteniya sbornik dokladov XII Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-tekhnicheskoj konferentsii, posvyashhennoj pamyati akademika RÀN S. V. Yakovleva. Moscow, MGSU, 2017. Pp. 256-261. (In Russian).
13. Gogina E. S., Yantsen O. V., Ruzhitskaya O. A. Research of hydrodynamics of biofilter with surface feed. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014, vol. 580-583, pp. 2354-2357.
14. Wang R., Terada A., Lackner S., Smets B., Henze M., Xia S., Zhao J. Nitritation performance and biofilm development of co- and counter-diffusion biofilm reactors: Modeling and experimental comparison. Water research. 43. 2699-709. 10.1016/j.watres.2009.03.017.
15. Olejnik À. Ya., Vasilenko T. V., Rybachenko S. À., et al. Modeling of post-treatment processes of domestic wastewater filters. Problemi vodopostachannya, vodov_dvedennya ta g_dravl_ki, 2006, iss. 7, pp. 85-97. (In Russian).
16. Salomeev V. P., Abdullaev F. Sh. Improving the processes of integrated waste water treatment at the stations biofiltration. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2014, no. 7(75), pp. 125-130. (In Russian).
17. Gul'shin I. A., Panteleeva Ya. S. Issues of optimization of integrated biological treatment processes in aeration tanks. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2015, no. 6(84), pp. 577-579. (In Russian).
- For citation: Gogina E. S., Yantsen O. V., Bobyleva T. N. Development of Methods for Hydraulic and Mathematical Modeling of Processes of Integrated Wastewater Treatment for Nitrogen Compounds at Bio-Filters. Promyshlennoe i grazhdanskoe stroitel'stvo [Industrial and Civil Engineering], 2018, no. 9, pp. 41-47. (In Russian).